best of both world tires

wht_scorpion

Registered
what tire is good for both areas of riding highway and the corners twisties be cause i have cords showing need to replace

I'm hearing Michelin Power 2s and the Avon Storms AV56 and AV/55. Bridgestone BT016 I think.

The Road 2CTs are getting a lot of good press, plus a buddy has them and swears by them. He's got 4K miles thus far.

I run Continental Road Attacks, get 8-10K out of a rear, 20K out of a front and frequently embarassed supersports in the twisties.

Don't know. Great life span, great grip. They heat up quickly. I've never made them slip, but have made Pilot Power 2CTs step out. Best of all they're fairly inexpensive.

I might go with Road 2CTs, but odds are I'll get Connies again. They work, so I don't see much reason to change.

I could only manage about 5K out of my 2 CTs. On the Gen II I'd probably get 4K.

Great tire. I had about 6 rears and 2 fronts...

not many speak of continental tires... why is that?
I was wondering the same thing, Neo. Conti Road Attacks get great reviews, and I've been considering either them, or possibly Dunlop Qualifiers. From what I surmise, the Dunlops may grip better, but wont last as long, but Im not certain of that. Anybody try the Dun's, and if so, whadda ya think of 'em?
???

Shinko 005's, man, these tires are GREAT!!! Heat up quick, grip GREAT and are not a lot of money, last long too. Buy them at Bike Bandit..........

Shinko 005's, man, these tires are GREAT!!! Heat up quick, grip GREAT and are not a lot of money, last long too. Buy them at Bike Bandit..........

+1 on the shinkos i ran the bt016's and then i was short on cash and had to grab a shinko and the shinko lasted twice as long and gripped a hell of a lot better

There are many choices when it comes to tires. You must first decide what you want from your tire. You cannot have great grip and long mileage in the same tire, it does not exist. You choose one or the other or something in between.

If you want high performance grip, my favorites are Dunlop Qualifier (A hard tire to beat in the high performance street tire) and Bridgestone BTO 16 (Great performance, last slightly longer than the Q and it's less money.

For a good middle of the road set up that will give you good mileage and good grip, I'd suggest a Bridgestone BTO 16 on the front and a BTO 21 on the rear. I'm going with this set up on my busa when the current tires are polished off.

the pilot road 2ct's ive heard of 10k miles on them plus riden very very hard. Harros runs them on his bike and he hasn't burned up this set yet, He toasts tires every 2 weeks at the most, the roads are still takeing the abuse and still have very much grab for corners

Back