Need help with tires

metalli445

Registered
Hey ya'll
I wasn't sure what section to post this but I'm in need of new tires front and rear. I'm looking for a good wearing all around tire. I do a lot of highway riding but of course I want to stick to the road when in the twisties. Basically I'm looking for the best bang for my buck kind of tire.
I read a poll somewhere about the Bridgestone BT56 J-spec's being a good all around tire but I called my local Cycle World and they told me that they aren't made any longer. Any help is appreciated!

---------------
2002 Hayabusa w/ 2004 engine, slip-on's, lowered

You want cheap and good for the twisties? 180/55ZR17 TOMAHAWK. I used them once on the track... didn't last very long but that's the track. Maybe will last ya 8k miles on the streets. 83$ bucks on on eBay. Herd these babies don't do too good on the strip though.

how are some people gettin 10k out of a rear tyre ,the most we have ever had is 3400 miles and that was down to the wire,bless those avon azoro , dunlop managed 1500 miles ,our busa's eat them for a past time lol

Oh and for the front go with PIRELLI 120/70/17. 45 bucks on eeeebaaaaay.

funny0048.jpg

Last edited:
how are some people gettin 10k out of a rear tyre ,the most we have ever had is 3400 miles and that was down to the wire,bless those avon azoro , dunlop managed 1500 miles ,our busa's eat them for a past time lol

I just got 5K out of a set of Dunlop Qualifiers:)

Smooth throttle operation and stay off the brakes...I guess. Otherwise, ask people that have followed me around:)

I read a poll somewhere about the Bridgestone BT56 J-spec's being a good all around tire but I called my local Cycle World and they told me that they aren't made any longer. Any help is appreciated!

---------------
2002 Hayabusa w/ 2004 engine, slip-on's, lowered

If you read a post saying that the stock BT-56 were good all around tires, it was probably me. I am an ambassador for the BT-56 based on my own experience. As for that guy that told you they dont make them any more; he lied! probably trying to get you to buy the more expensive name brand tires! MotorCylcle Superstore has the 56 for basement prices.:thumbsup: Take it from me the stocks are the best all around, here is my scale example:
Scale: 1-10
Looks: 6
Milage: 9+ (4000+/-)
Handle/ Grip: 9
Wet/Cold: 8+
Twisties: 10:cheerleader:

Most people will tell you to change to a name brand and say they are better. If you are a track person and have money to spend that may be true however, trust me the stocks are the best for everyday and agressive street riding and without the name brand cost getting them from the superstore. other spots are more expensive. I will buy the BT-56's until they really stop making them. NOTE: this is no crap; these tires have saved me several times in one case leaned and scraped the foot pegs taking a tight curve with confidence, the BUSA will perform in twisties .:bowdown: STOCKS ALL THE WAY!!!!

If you read a post saying that the stock BT-56 were good all around tires, it was probably me. I am an ambassador for the BT-56 based on my own experience. As for that guy that told you they dont make them any more; he lied! probably trying to get you to buy the more expensive name brand tires! MotorCylcle Superstore has the 56 for basement prices.:thumbsup: Take it from me the stocks are the best all around, here is my scale example:
Scale: 1-10
Looks: 6
Milage: 9+ (4000+/-)
Handle/ Grip: 9
Wet/Cold: 8+
Twisties: 10:cheerleader:

Most people will tell you to change to a name brand and say they are better. If you are a track person and have money to spend that may be true however, trust me the stocks are the best for everyday and agressive street riding and without the name brand cost getting them from the superstore. other spots are more expensive. I will buy the BT-56's until they really stop making them. NOTE: this is no crap; these tires have saved me several times in one case leaned and scraped the foot pegs taking a tight curve with confidence, the BUSA will perform in twisties .:bowdown: STOCKS ALL THE WAY!!!!

What kind of mileage are you getting on the rear ?

If you like the BT056, get the BT016. They stick like taffy in the corners. If you need a good high mileage tire consider the Pilot Road 2. I will hopefully be sporting a set of PR2s on my Busa for the ride to Kali in a few weeks.

Red Man, you will find that Tires and Oil around here are like politics / religion ... :poke: it really boils down to how and where you ride and what feels right to you.

My rear tires allways get worked, but I dont push the front much. The BT56 is a really old technology tire, over 10 years now I think. All of the newer tires are better for wear and stability. I have had a bunch of Bridgestones, Dunlop, Metzeler, Pirelli, and the last couple years Mich Pilot Powers and PP2ct. Love em! Great wear, stabil... The Pirelli's for me were the worst after only 1500 miles they stopped working and were slipping all over, at 1800 miles they were done.

I am thinkin of trying the Avon's next and Continental has a reportedly good tire too.

Back