Continental Road Attack Tires

Cerberus

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I figured I would give another tire review for those out there that might be interested in the Continental Road Attack tires.

On June 6th I had a 190/50-17 Conti Road Attack tire mounted to replace my worn BT56. The following day I headed out at 5:30am to meet fellow .Org members in Waco to and then to head to Allen Texas for a Hayabusa Meet N Greet. Upon arrival to Waco, about 200 miles on the first leg of my trip, I can say that I feel as though the Road Attack was a more comfortable and smoother tire then the BT56. I also made a sustained run of about 40 miles at speeds between 100-110mph and it felt planted and secure the whole time. After meeting up and starting out on the ride portion of the M'n'G in Allen TX, we traveled some more highway miles which again, were not a problem for this tire. Then we hit the twisties. I am not a knee dragger by any means, but I was surprised how the feedback of the rear tire was improved over the BT56. It actually gave me a little more confidence to lean further in the curves. I was able to turn what used to be chicken planks (1 ½ in) into some much smaller chicken strips (1/2 in ). I'm not saying the BT56 couldn't do it, but they didn't provide the feedback and feel that inspired confidence to try leaning a little further. I have found the turn in to be smoother and quicker than the BT56's as well. After the group ride I headed home from Dallas to Conroe. Again, I averaged speeds between 80-100 mph depending on conditions and was pleased overall. The wear of the tire appears to be better than the BT56's as well. After 1000 miles, the Conti Attack lettering on the tread is just now wearing off, but there is plenty of tread left. I will be purchasing a Conti Sport Attack tire to replace the BT56 front I am still running. The Sport Attack is a softer tire but should perform excellent on the front with a little firmer Road Attack on the rear. Considering the price of these tires and the performance they have offered, I have been very pleased with them.

I currently run the same tire and love em. you'll get quit a few miles out of them.
thumb_up.gif

what kinda mileage are you guys seeing. I'm thinking about either the Conti or Pilot road 2.

what kinda mileage are you guys seeing. I'm thinking about either the Conti or Pilot road 2.
Well, as of today, I have 1200 miles on my Road Attack rear and it looks to be wearing well. I could only get about 3000 miles out of the BT56's. After another 800-1000 miles I will post again about the tread left.

I have to say that the pair of Conti Road Attack's I got back on May 20th have supercided my expectations .. liven in the upper mantile .. of SoCal and hittin Twisties daily have made me a firm believer..
thumb_up.gif
now I have to see what type of mileage I get out them.. so far I've put down 1k ..and that act new yet..
beerchug.gif
cool.gif

Have used this tire before.

Between 6000-7000 miles on two different sets on a 1200 Bandit S. On a scale of 1-10 for aggresive riding I rate myself a 5.

These tires handled very well, had very good grip and the mileage of 6000-7000 made them appealing because of the pocket book.

In my opinion these tires are under rated, and probably have more potential than the average rider.

Over all this is a great tire for the money. Most riders will not be dissappointed. Give them a try.

put these on a few weeks ago havent put many miles on them yet but they do feel better than the dunlops they replaced hopefully i can put a few miles on them this weekend

tire_pic1.JPG

Might have to try these; I've been running Metzler Sportecs for my last 15 tire sets on the Bus ( I'm on set #18), and only getting 2500 - 3000 miles out of them. I'm actually pretty happy with the M-1's, but wouldn't mind getting more mileage out of my tires. The Conti's look like a nice round, neutral tire, which is what I like.

Looking at the Sport Attacks as a next possibility - have more shoulder grip than the Road Attacks.

Have a new Dunlop Q (which I love BTW) in the garage to mount first.

I have run a set of these previously. I really liked the tire. Went to a Metzler M3 after the Conti. Metzler felt a little more comfortable than did the conti. Pilot Power was put on after that and once again it felt better than the Metzler. After the Pilot Power I have gone to the PP2CT. Absolutly love the 2CT. It inspires cofidence and comfort with each new mile. I have put about 500 miles on the 2CT and after about 100 miles there was 0 chicken strip. Previous tires there has been anywhere from an 1/8 to a 1/4 inch of strip. Minimal, yet none the less a strip. Have no plans of ever trying or buying another tire other than the 2CT. Derbycyles.com got them to my house under $300 front and rear.

Back