Mismatch tires

Lose the BT56 in my opinion ( sorry for the prophanity ) They suck ! I'm due to change and can't wait. Just need the $$$ Got more than half saved up. I'm aiming for Metzeler M-1's. Allways ran good with that product and a good bang for the buck. My
2cents.gif

Not a problem...independent front and rear brakes, suspension, one is free rolling the other is powered. As stated I would use the same type (compound) of tire. Ex: don't use a hard touring front tire with a sticky rear.

Unless you are doing a track day, dont worry about it. Its fine. Just dont use different types of tires if you are an aggressive rider. Like a soft race tire with a touring tire.

I just had a 'mismatched' set installed for my tour, a PP on the front and a PR2CT on the rear. Man that PR2 looks good!!! A bit pricey but removal, mounting and balancing was only $25 each...and I got to watch! I had 8,500 on the old rear Pilot Road and it still had 500 or so left on it.

I run the stock front and pilot power rear. No problems with my riding style.

Ran the original BT056 front with a Metzleler rear until the front got down to wear-bars, then went Metzeler front....no problems....

Ok, thanks for all the advise. I will get a new rear and leave the BT56 front. We will see what happens.

I am almost at the end of the life of my current rear BT56.  My front still has quit a bit of life left.  I am wanting to go with the Conti Road Attacks but can't afford a complete set.  So my question is, should I run a mismatch set of tires, a Conti Road Attack rear with a BT56 front?  I have always run a matched set before so I don't know if I should worry about it or not.  I'm wanting to make to a M'n'G on the 7th but am pretty sure my current bt56 won't make it safely.
if you dont care about trashing your bike then mix em

If you want to be safe get another batalax fitted then change make of tyres as a set next time..

Back