Hayabusa Tires

Deb

Registered
Hello,

Which is a better tire;

The stock Bridgestone Battalax or the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT for the Hayabusa?

I have Q3 on mine this season and think they are the best tire so far , Except for maybe the Power One's

Never tried the Power One's. I thought they might be too extreme for my riding. I do a lot of back roads, but I have to spend an hour on interstates to get to them. I was going to try them on the track but figured I better go with a tire I am very used to since I can't out ride the Q3's anyway.

Hello,

Which is a better tire;

The stock Bridgestone Battalax or the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT for the Hayabusa?

I was also thinking this same thing because i always rode 2ct tires on my 600's I had but haven't tried them yet on the busa, its due for a new one so i may just give it a go!

I was happier with My 2CT's. it seems to handle the weight better and last longer

o.png

Reactions: Deb
Softer on the sides and harder in the middle, doesn't rely on belt tensions like some other tyres (cant remember which)

Pilot Power 3 2ct up front , and Pilot road 4 out back riding aggressive 4800 miles , and rear is nearly done . Great traction ! FAR BETTER than oem / Bridgestone . Turn in is great as well compared to OEM Go a 190/55 out back

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great roads and scenery there C10 regarding the 190/55/17 rear does the big girl flick trough the corners a bit easier with it on :thumbsup:

Reactions: c10
Hi . My personal opinion is the pilot road 3 or 4 . Depending on where you live , weather and road composition. They're very good In wet weather conditions and if looked after Will give good mileage. Cheers Mike (kiwi)

Just Ordered a set of the new Metzeler Roadtec 01's. Everything I have read about them has been aces so I guess I will find out. Went with a 190/55 rear. Will be interesting to see how it works with my raising links?
roadtec01_product_sheet_460x500_NEW.jpg

The pirelli's are really good for mileage but the 2ct's and softer sides just grab better. With that better grip you give up longevity of the tire.

not sure what I approve of , but I do like the tread pattern more on the new road tech . Find it hard to accept PR 4 is in last , but for now ill accept his blind testing for the conditions ridden in .
Here is a PR4 set up in the Rain @ Eureka springs . Fast forward when I get behind the nissan Titan as I did not pass him till the stop sign . Nothing worth watching past 13:30
FYI PR4 GT can wheelie in the rain with the heavy FJR1300

Last edited:
I just got my pilot road 4's delivered to the house yesterday. They seem the best for me. I'm going to have them put on this week. If I can find the time between work and kids. C10 makes them look so good in the corners while it's raining. That's validation in itself.

Back