so what do yall tires

flewbyu

Registered
just wondering yalls opinion on these tires did a search and read so what do think Michelin Pilot Power 2Ct and pilot power ,pilot sport,pilot road, avon viper sport, continental attacks let know
biggrin.gif
thanks

What type of riding do you do? Commuting? Sport Touring? Twisties riding? Drag Racing?

sorry bout that was in a hurry i really do a little of it all but it is ridin just about everyday to work and on the weekend i like to race a little and hit the back twisties. thanks

Pilot Powers - I got 5K out of my last rear tire & it still had life left. 9K front.

Avoid Pirelli Diablos - Only 2400 miles out of the rear & cords showing. They have no wear bars either. No burn outs, racing etc. just twisties.

I am having a set of PP 2CTs put on today

(flewbyu @ Apr. 18 2007,15:56) sorry bout that was in a hurry i really do a little of it all but it is ridin just about everyday to work and on the weekend i like to race a little and hit the back twisties. thanks
Sounds a bit like me. I ride to work when I can, and I LOVE hitting the twisties! I run the Pilot Powers. Just the regular, I don't see the need for the 2ct's unless you're REALLY running hard. I drag knee, and I still run the regular PP's are just fine. I might try the 2ct's at some point, as I find myself hitting the turns harder and harder, but for now, I'm fine...

If you can wait untill June....PP 2ct 190/55. Hard center for commuting, soft shoulder for the twisties and higher profile for quicker turn in. The Dunlop Qualifier and Pirelli Corsa's in that configuration are getting rave reviews from the owners....street and track.

(newmill @ Apr. 18 2007,16:24) If you can wait untill June....PP 2ct 190/55. Hard center for commuting, soft shoulder for the twisties and higher profile for quicker turn in. The Dunlop Qualifier and Pirelli Corsa's in that configuration are getting rave reviews from the owners....street and track.
Reheheheheally? Looks like Yamaho might have to try some in the 55 config...

I am running regular PP right now and they are excellent tires i got 8700 miles out of a set before the cords started showing And I just put on another set. Also the M3's are really good tires as well they are really sticky. I have heard nothing but good thing about both tires.

(Cipher Complete @ Apr. 18 2007,13:07) I am giving the Metzler M3s a run as soon as my bridgerocks die.
You should turn off the rear tire sensors off until your odo meters hits well over 7k miles...
biggrin.gif
(mine hit the rasor blade at 4500 miles and had to changed it but, with the 4500 miles? just shines gone and bearly worned...) Yeah...you can say its Bridgerocks...
laugh.gif

Michelin HPX(HIGH POWER EXTREME) rated for 200 mph, 200 rear, daily communting, sport riding, rain, lots of miles on them
super.gif

I prefer Pirelli Diablos. They wear fast but stick predictably in all environments. I ride street, twisties, track and touring. I'm on Metz M3s right now and they are ok but I feel better on the Diablos

I've got about 300 miles on a new Avon Storm ST. Here's the "scoop..." (ST=Sport Touring)

The long-lasting, all-weather, high performance sports touring tyre.

* Incorporates the very latest bike tyre technology 'Reactive Footprint'. The tyres contact patch changes size and shape depending on lean angle - for the life of the tyre
* Unique construction means excellent performance combined with very long life
* 'Super-Rich Silica' rubber compound gives superb wet road grip
* Front tread pattern optimised for shorter stopping distances in the wet
* Excellent stability and handling whatever the lean angle

Storm ST AV55Storm ST AV56

The Storm-ST replaces Avon's Azaro-ST and builds on its predecessor's talents. Employing what's called 'Reactive Footprint' (RF) technology, the Storm-ST produces a footprint that changes size and shape depending on the bike's lean angle, growing in size the further over the bike goes. It means you get high grip through the corners yet in a straight line have a footprint which increases the Storm-STs lifespan. Avon's RF Technology is a quantum leap in technology from the dual compound tread, and will provide unparalleled evenness in wear patterns.
The wet weather performance of the Storm-ST is outstanding, thanks in part to the tyre's Super-Rich Silica (SRS) compound. The extremely high silica content delivers optimum grip in the wet and dry. It also has the added benefit of warming up quickly.
On the front tyres, the Storm-ST benefits from Inverted Front Grooves (IFG) that resist stepped-wear and cupping, ensuring smooth handling for the life of the tyre and improving wet weather braking. The Enhanced Aqua Flow (EAF) pattern of the rear tyre also increases your safety and confidence in wet conditions.
With all this (together with many other unique-to-Avon technologies) it's no wonder the Storm-ST has gained numerous approvals from the tough German testing organisation, the TUV.

I just put my second PP on the rear. I normally do 2 rears to one front. I got about 5k out of the first one. Prior to the PP, I was running the Pirelli Diablo Corsa which is a very sticky tire. Only got about 2500 out of them but dang, they stuck in the corners. I think I will try the PP 2cts next.

Back