I need tires

chrisr

Donating Member
Registered
I need to get a set of tires before the bash. I was just wondering what everyone is running on there bikes. I am considering the Michelin Pilot Powers 2ct. Anyone that has any feedback on these tires please let me know...Thanks
super.gif

Just bought Avon Storms. Waiting for them to be delivered. Call Josh at Ryders Connection. He will hook you up.

Pilot Powers are awesome! The 2CTs will be even grippier in the corners but have the same mileage in the center.
super.gif

You can also get the 2CTs in a 190/55 which is just the ticket for faster turn in on the Busa!!! Those will be my next set of tires for sure.

Currently running Pilot Powers and have 3K miles and they are still 50% or better. Probably the best all around tire for mileage AND traction. Dunlop Qualifiers are great as well, but I've heard they don't get QUITE as many miles out of them.

New Avon Storm - I run Avon Azaro now but want to try this one out. It repaces the Azaro.
Waiting for a nice day to mount these. The other is a Maxxis Supermaxx for the wifes Gixxer........

DSC00696.JPG

I have about 1200 miles on the Dunlop Qualifiers and think they are great. I do not care much for the Pilot Powers because of the high V center they have, I don't think they are very good for just regular riding. They may be great for the twisties, but I am in MI. and twisties just aren't that common here.

Pilot Power for me, I'll try the 2CT next but my powers are still brand new, BTW I love to get my pegs grinding the asphalt.

I'm running Qualifiers now but i think the next time i buy rubber it will be Avons... i've heard nothing but positive things about them and they last a LONG time and for a busa to have tires last a long time is a good thing!!

I'm rollin on the Maxxis 200/50/17 haven't tried anything other than the original, but so far I love these..I'm bout to put a Maxxis front tire on soon.
Anybody else tried these?

I just ordered the 2cts for my trackbike, though i'm normally a Pirelli guy. I got a great deal on them and wanted to see what they have to offer. I have the Diablo Corsas on my Busa and love them. I tend to push hard in the turns, whenever I can find them.

(chrisr @ Feb. 26 2007,19:34) I need to get a set of tires before the bash.  I was just wondering what everyone is running on there bikes.  I am considering the Michelin Pilot Powers 2ct.  Anyone that has any feedback on these tires please let me know...Thanks
super.gif
... or maybe actually ask yourself "do i really need new tires at all?".

Do you? Or do you just want brand new ones for the bash because you think it'll make you handle the dragon better?

If your current tires are fine (and still fine in april), then they should be fine for the bash.

I don't know what the best tires are because there are so many, but Qualifers work for me. Hell, even the stockers worked fine in my opinion.

<center><h2>Metzler M3</h2></center>

Nothing else on my Busa. I got 7200 out of the first set and over 8000 miles out of the set I have now with plenty to go!

I went with the 180 rear and LOVE the better handling! A gazillion trips to Skyline, Blue Ridge Parkway and Deal's Gap all the way from Annapolis. I also took a trip back to Houston in wet freezing weather on one trip with no slip. They are by far the best tires I've ever used!

Back