Tire question for sponsors and everyone

stlbusarider

Donating Member
Registered
In the Sept issue of Cycle World I saw an add about the new Michelin Pilot Road 2CT tires. Has anyone bought any of these yet, and do any of our sponsers sell them? They still maybe too new yet. The only web sites I can find them in are out of Europe. Any info would be great. Thanks

Not aware of pilot "road" 2cts.

But pilot "power" 2cts have been out for a while. Good tire.

They say the road tire has longer center tread life with great edge grip. It sounds like a great tire compared to the power. I can't seem to get anymore than 3000 out of a rear power.

If I read the article in Rider mag correctly, Michelin has three tire compounds. The new PR 2 fronts have the medium center compound (middle 60%) with the soft compound edges and the rears have the hard center compound (20%) with the medium compound edges. I'll probably try a set next time if they're not too expensive.

Straight from the michelin website  
wink.gif

They're called Pilot Road2s

using two distinct rubber compounds[/Quote]

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w....lang=EN

the tire your lookin for is a Pilot Road 2. THey have been released in Euorpe but not in the states yet. Thay should be out by the end of the year. With a price point about the same as the normal Road.

I am lookin foward to getting a set to give them a spin and see how they hold up.

Ill let you know when they are avb.

Josh

Ryders Connection

(stlbusarider @ Aug. 04 2007,21:12)
(Charlesbusa @ Aug. 04 2007,21:09) Straight from the michelin website  
wink.gif

They're called Pilot Road2s

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w....lang=EN
I didn't see any prices on the site. I guess I'll just call on monday and find out.  Thanks
Michelin, the manufacturer, doesn't sell direct to customers.

Looks to be a good tire for mileage down the center of the tire.
beerchug.gif

Thanks Josh, I'll just have to buy another set of power in the mean time. Does your site sell these?

Sorry just checked the site. Can you shoot me a price for the Pilot Powers 2CT (stock size) to 63033. Thanks

Back