I need tires

(chrisr @ Feb. 26 2007,20:34) I need to get a set of tires before the bash. I was just wondering what everyone is running on there bikes. I am considering the Michelin Pilot Powers 2ct. Anyone that has any feedback on these tires please let me know...Thanks
super.gif
Great tyres, will be getting a new set just before the bash
wink.gif

I have the round black ones that say Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.
super.gif

Before that was Pilot Powers.
super.gif

Before that was Pilot HPX's.
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

metzeler road tec z6 c spec 180/55 17
I loved 'em so much I bought 2 fronts and 4 rears.

cheers
ken

Metzler Z6 are great plus you get great mileage out of them. Seems the other tire you have to change often. Seems to depend on the person. Seems to be a preference. I like Metzler and Dunlop, but the Dunlops don't last long

(EJosh @ Feb. 26 2007,21:07) I'm rollin on the Maxxis 200/50/17 haven't tried anything other than the original, but so far I love these..I'm bout to put a Maxxis front tire on soon.
Anybody else tried these?
Im on my 3rd set. I love them! Some say you cant turn with a 200 rear or a Maxxis at all. Ill let you be the judge, here is a pic of my FRONT tire after a trip through the dragon. They stick fine. Anyone who rides with me will tell you I like to turn, and I have had zero issues with the Maxxis tires.

P1010015.JPGsmall.jpg

Of course most are going to suggest what their running.
I'm not terribly aggressive, the Avon are fine for my style of riding, no surprises yet when I do hammer it.
Love the mileage, I expect 7000 or so on these, not kidding. The OEM's gave me about 2500.

Picture_1127.jpg

On my 2nd PP rear. When it goes I will be putting on 2CT's. I got 3100 miles out of my first PP rear tire. Hoping to get that much this time. If the weather breaks I should be ready for next set about April.

I have had the Battlax's and I like them, but I really like running on M1's. I just changed my front from the original stock. And this is my third rear. Now I have 16000 on my bike. Just went from Waco to San Antonio Saturday. And I have them always changed at the dealership. So they are very surprised that they are lasting as long as they are with the miles I put on my bike.

My Wife has the 2ct on her 600RR - They have great grip & so far good life. I have run Pilot Powers & like them. Currently running the Diablos - take a little longer to heat up than the Michelins.

(TIMMYDUCK @ Feb. 26 2007,23:20) I have the round black ones that say Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's.
super.gif

Before that was Pilot Powers.
super.gif

Before that was Pilot HPX's.
super.gif
hey TD did you get the 50 or the 55? Post up some pics, let's see how those are doing! Any strips left?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S.- Not to jack, but several said they have 2CT's- what is the cheapest price on a set? I'm gonna need both in a couple K or so...

super.gif

super.gif

Right now I have Pirelli Corsa III's, and I really like them. I just wore out a set of Pilot Powers and they were great; the rear only lasted about 2500 miles, though.

Back