Michelin Pilot Power tires

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I read/see/hear about Michelin's Pilot Sport replacement: the Pilot Power. Does ANYONE in USA or overseas know ANYTHING about them? I read they'd start selling in Jan 04 or something, but no sign of them in the states. The HPX's are mysterisouly hard to find now. The Powers are supposed to be the very latest in motoGP rubber and tread design, being everything the Sports are but better on all levels. I'm looking forward to tryign them but can't find them anywhere. Who has heard of or bought these tires someplace?

Pilot Power

more Power

[bad translation]
Pilot power
The supersport tire for the road. Each quantity contains racing

The softest rubber mixture on the market *
= > a Wahnsinnsgrip and an extremely short warming up phase

An inclination of 50,6° on the dry one, not reached ever, *
= > a completely new, sensational driving feeling

The Michelin pilot power sets new yardsticks in its segment. Inclinations of more than 50° on the dry one and even still 41.9 ° on wet roads are possible. Even with extremely sporty driving fashion one can trust the pilot power without reservation, because he announces the frontier gently and transfers effectively the achievement with accelerating. With the pilot power profit you from the experience, which collected Michelin in racing: its synthetic rubber mixture from the MotoGP shortens the warming up phase. Pilot power, contains each quantity racing.

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088462777 -->

pilot_power.jpg

Gotta love a tire that "sets new yardsticks"! Hehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

I'm interested to see some reviews on these tires as well. Maybe they'll have 'em available by the time I wear out my rear. If not it looks like it's gonna be Diablo's for me.

I too am in need of a rear.
Waiting for the Powers but I cant wait too long.
Have only about 500 miles to go on the stock Battlecraps.
I hear they are the best tire made but not yet available in the US.

I also heard they will be very expensive as far as tires go.

<!--EDIT|Jonny Hotnuts
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088466367 -->

I just put on a new rear today....Metzler Sportec M-1....I was stuck between the Power Sport and the M-1, heard really good things about both tires.....All in all it comes down to what do I like? The problem is , I don't know...This is my first tire change from the Battlax's so I'm just doin the trial by error thing.

What was this thread about again? Oh yeah! The Pilot Power...I saw those tires in a sportbike mag a little while ago, really a bad a$$ looking tire but no where to be found...I needed a tire now so had to choose...Hopefully a good choice, we'll see.

Dan

I´ve ridden about 1000km with the Power tire. Felt v.e.r.y. soft when I got the back tire from my dealer. My first thought was "this one will be eaten by the busa in no time" but the tire is still like new..... well almoast.
Only road ridden (no track) so my opinion about the power tyre is that it is no better - or worse than the Bridgestone. Havent pushed it that far on public roads. - But hell of a grip for pure acceleration (no wheelspin today). Even tried a burnout with it, but the front tire wanted something else ;-)

Anyone tried it on track? (on a busa)
My guess is that it´s the closest you get to a real racing tire right now. Original on the R1 - 04. A hint of what kind it is.
So to be true - if you spend time on track - it´s a perfect choice. For daily "curvy" road use - A pilot Road
rock.gif
will do.

Have a nice day!

Hey, thanks for the info, Heppe. Unfortunately, I do not think they are available here in the USA yet. I look forward to getting them as it seems they tossed in the latest breakthrus in race tire and road and wear. I'm glad you got to try them out. Can you post pics?

Dear Mr. Best:

Thank you for visiting our Web site and sending us your e-mail.
This message is in response to your e-mail:
Wondering if/when the Pilot Power tires will be availalbe in the USA and if there will be an HPX version for larger sport bikes?

Pilot Power tires are scheduled to be available August of this year. We have no plans to produce an HPX version at this time.

If you have additional questions, please respond to this email
or you may call us at 1-800-847-3435 (toll-free) between
8:30AM and 6:00PM Eastern Time Monday through Friday to allow
one of our Consumer Relations Representatives to assist you.

Michelin North America
Consumer Relations Department

Back