Another trying to run from the Popo

It's an unfortunate situation to be sure. That said, the rider made a conscious decision to run and it didn't work out for him. It's difficult to feel sorry for someone like this.

Well, I feel sorry for him, his stupidity, his wasted life, the person he hit, the police who decided to give chase, and especially for his family. There's no good at all in this.

Yeah, but man... tickets are INSANE. Impounding, MAYBE you get your bike back, goin to jail... 1k+++++ fines. Man, that speeding ticket is worth chasing someone for.

Dying is still a poor alternative.

I love seeing threads like this.

The more idiot riders / drivers that die the better in my opinion, I feel just a little bit safer every time.

you don't run. Ever.

Just my opinion though.

Hmmm...today's choice:

A) Get a fine, get bike impounded, take the bus for a while.

B) Run from cops at maximum speed and well beyond my abilities and the "forgiveness" of the streets, virtually ensuring serious injury for myself and others, sacrificing the ability and privelege to ever enjoy life in any way EVER again (due to incarceration and/or health limitations), leaving behind spouse, children, family and friends.

That's choice we always have. I will never cease to be amazed at how often a rider chooses B. :( On the other hand, the streets have one less bad thinker than they did earlier.

Hmmm...today's choice:

A) Get a fine, get bike impounded, take the bus for a while.

B) Run from cops at maximum speed and well beyond my abilities and the "forgiveness" of the streets, virtually ensuring serious injury for myself and others, sacrificing the ability and privelege to ever enjoy life in any way EVER again (due to incarceration and/or health limitations), leaving behind spouse, children, family and friends.

That's choice we always have. I will never cease to be amazed at how often a rider chooses B. :( On the other hand, the streets have one less bad thinker than they did earlier.

A) Don't chase because I know the only chance I have of catching him involves someone (maybe several) getting hurt or killed.

B) Chase because the $30 ticket (now $1000) is worth putting the public in danger. Also, doesn't he realize who I am. How dare him not stop for me!

I keep getting in my neighbor kids ear with the same theme...don't run and don't resist...pull over...either you get what is coming to you or the guy might want to check out your bike

It can get so ugly so fast

People just need to man up if you get caught doing something that you're not suppose to be doing. I always stop for the police because I know how bad the alternative can be.. Hmmmm $300 ticket or possibly leaving behind my 2yo daughter and everyone else I love.. choice is pretty clear to me.

I HAD a friend some years ago that always ran. He got real good at it, and would hide behind houses or anything else he could find. I asked him many times why he did it. His reply was " do you know what a rush it is " well the rush stopped when he clipped the side of a car at over 100 his body got bent in half when it hit the parked car 50 feet away. They had to lift the car up to remove him.

Joe was the first friend to die running, since then two more have followed him. Please don't run if you think you would run then please don't ride..

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jelly that's same link as above? I don't think it's a Busa.
Look at pic in story and esp the tail section. The passenger seat looks too small and the tail itself looks more like a cbr or 600?

It's a suzuki and it looks big for a 600. The tail is not a Busa, you are right.

Back