BIKE vs HELO

briXXer

Registered
can u imagine a busa instead of this guys little bike???

Motorcyclist Arrested After 35-Minute Chase

Apparently Ran Out Of Gas

Mar 4, 2004 11:24 am US/Pacific
FONTANA, Calif. (AP) A motorcyclist fleeing authorities at 140 mph, outrunning a sheriff's helicopter during a 35-minute run in which the biker allegedly mocked the air crew, ended with his arrest when he apparently ran out of gas.

Alonso Yepez, 42 of Twentynine Palms streaked along Interstate 10 for some 65 miles on Wednesday before coasting to a stop and surrendering, investigators said.

"He was flying! He was pulling away from our helicopter like it was nothing," San Bernardino County sheriff's Flight Officer Mike Ells said of the two-county chase that ended at 11:34 a.m. in Fontana. The Eurocopter's maximum speed is 125 mph.

Yepez was arrested by the California Highway Patrol and he was booked for investigation of felony evading police.

The pursuit started after a report of a speeding motorcyclist along Highway 62 in Morongo Valley. The chase turned west along Interstate 10 through a portion of Riverside County before returning to San Bernardino County, the CHP said.

"We think he ran out of gas," CHP Officer Blair Fuller said.

During the chase, Yepez appeared to be taunting the helicopter crew.

"He was waving them on with 'Come on, come get me' gestures," Fuller said. "At times, he was doing up to 140."
__

what a rookie. you should always fill up before high speed chases. what a dumbass
40__s.gif
face7.gif

to funny
a kid here in portland ran from the cops on a 600 gixxer and he got busted after he ran out of gas also (last summer)
that is to funny

yeah i agree what a dumbass for running out of gas.. but isnt it great alone to know that he outran it at 140.. somebody did some research on that helo its top speed is like 146 it can squeeze 158 if it flys higher but sucks more fuel tho. ive heard stories of busas outrunning a helo.

moral of the story i guess, if you're gonna do this mount external fuel tanks onboard...

LOL that is fricken funny... I NEVER even thought about the ide of outrunning a helo... Now it all makes sense...

I have a friend of mine who works for the CHP and we were talking one day about speeding on the bike and stuff and he told me he wont even start a chase against my Busa.

I looked at him and said "huh?" and he said it is not worth it. He said if he saw a bike like mine speeding, he would even bother trying to pursue it.

In my head I thought, why not... But then after a awhile I thought, well yeah the car could never catch me, a motorcycle officer could never catch me, the only thing that could catch me would be a CHP helo... But then I figured only if they were lucky enough to have one in the area.

But crap, with this, I guess it doesn't even matter if they had one in the area.

of course that is just the individual opinion of my friend, that does not mean all officers share the same attitude.

heh....schweet! I wish there was enough room here to hit those speeds comfortably.

Keep one thing in mind guys, you can never outrun the almighty Radio wave. On another note Eurocopter's are pretty slow, but if you get chased by say a hugh's 500 with a top speed of 180+ at a low 1500 ft then you might as well stop and take you A@# kicking because I guarantee they can go farther than you can, and if you can outrun the chopper all he has to do is climb in altitude and he can keep an eye on you for several miles while still maintaining 180+.

so the moral of this post is make sure you know what your local law enforcement flies before deciding to run.

This thread reminded me of a funny story a good friend of mine told.  He rides an 03 R6 and use to commute on it.  Since he needed to be at work very early the highway's were pretty much clear on his way to work at around 5am.  One day he claimed he was bored of simply cruising along thus decided to go faster.  He said he ran up to about 140 or so and for some reason looked in his mirror, noticing a single light way behind him, not thinking much of it other than another bike out in the early morn, proceeded to run his bike up to around 160-165mph.  He then slowed back to around 140 for a couple miles.  He recalled looking in his mirror again just before taking his exit and seeing that same light still sort of there, thinking it odd since it should have been way gone, he took his exit and stopped at the red light at the intersection.  To his surprise the single light showed up right behind him, however the single motorcycle light was accompanied by a single blue and single red light on either side of the white one.  Oh shi...  He went through the light and pulled over, the cop then asking him how fast he was going...  "Umm... 90..."  The cop replied with a bull shi.. you were!  I had my cruiser topped out at 145 and you were still losing me! Seriously.  My friend ended up telling him about 160, which the cop was seriously semi-impressed with, told my buddy not to ever do that again, and that were he a state patrol my friend would have been arrested and his bike impounded.  

The kicker of the whole story and why i said this thread reminded me of it is, once my buddy got to work one of his co-workers asked him if he'd been going a bit fast on his way to work that morning.  Not sure how he knew that my friend told him the story, his co-worker responded that he knew at least part of it already because the news radio show he listens to in the morning has a traffic chopper which gives live reports and in the middle of one about I405 the guy burst out a comment about some dumb a$$ motorcycle that just passed up the helicopter.  Not quite a police cruiser following a high-speed chase but i found it pretty amusing, just thought I’d share.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Wissler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078532693 -->

Take a look at what happened over at onedownfiveup.com on last Sunday.
They are basically a Southern New England based sportriders club.
Going on there first ride of the season they where very foolish running High Speeds up Interstate 84 in Ct from East Hartford to a local hang out in Eastern Ct called the Bean and the Ct state cops had 20 cars intercept them up on the Mass/ Ct boarder.
Pretty dumb running 140 + in a large group on a Sunday down in busy Ct.
P.S. I always keep my tank Full seems like less money when it is like 5 bucks or so, and you prevent the running out problem.

It would be interesting to know how many mpg our Busa's get at 150 mph. I'd guess about 15 - I've seen my gas gauge go down so fast you would swear you could see it moving.
laugh.gif

Back