fleeing motorcycle rider runs down cop

Figured I would lay this out there tho... If I was caught doing 30+ over (easy to do on the roads around here), and the police were going to take my bike, they would have to catch me first.

A HIGH SPEED chase of up to 140 mph that lasted more than 40 min. and he seemed to SLOW down to 80 mph before the wreck
wowold.gif
. Wonder what kind of gas tank that sucker had
winkold.gif
, cause most will not go that far GOING WOT for that long
corner2.png

Anyway, hope the CHP is alright and the JERK spends LOTS of time in the Horse-spittle before meeting BUBA  
whistling.gif
  for several years  
laugh.gif

shoulda shot him.
guns.gif
40 minutes is too long to be reasonable, too many lives at stake. start rigging up catch nets like's on the a/c carriers for emergency landings so you can save the bike, it's not the bikes fault after all.

This is why I wish that all the states would put a no chase law into affect on Motorcycles they put so many peoples lives in danger by chaseing these morons that like to run.  I say let them go and and save lives and tax payers money.
No way man,

penalties for running should be 3 to 4 times stiffer. STOP running from the cops
deadhorse.gif

That motorcyclists should be in prison for a very long time...

There is no reason a cop should be chasing a bike for 40 minutes at that speed. That's just a risk to public safety.

Let me see... 1 moron on a 500lb bike vs. 1 moron cop in a 5000lb vehicle. Which one could potentially cause more damage?
There is every reason in the world.  The guy broke the law, the cop catches the bad guy.  What they are supposed to do, wash their cop cars all day....??

Lets focus on the runners and how we can stop idiots from running.

I may not have all the facts here but standing in the path of an oncoming vehicle moving at a high rate of speed... uummmm, isn't that the equivalant of playing on the freeway?
rock.gif

I may not have all the facts here but standing in the path of an oncoming vehicle moving at a high rate of speed... uummmm, isn't that the equivalant of playing on the freeway?  
rock.gif
i was thinking the same thing to why would they stand so close as he was trying to get around them i woulda thought that they would have blocked the road with their vehicles (and they did) and then stayed to the side of the road the dude tried to split the cop cars and struck the cop so the cops were out in the road

the dude just
flush.gif
his life down the toilet

I was just watching the news update here in AZ about the off duty cop that ran into the back of the biker and threw him off then got ran over by a tractor trailer and lost his leg. They say he was tested around 4hrs after and had a legal limit of alcohol in his system. They are talking about giving him seven years. Speed is Speed. You are trying to run somebody down by speeding yourself. It's better to not try to run them down.

I talked with a State Trooper once in a traffic check point and he told me that as a veteran officer he has learned that if the speeding rider leans forward and takes off he leaves them for another day. If they sit upright and slow down he stops them. Another technique is not to turn around instantly but wait then slip up on them later down the road.

California just have cocky cops any way. I would not have had my A$$ standing in front of nothing that is trying to get away from me.

The pursuit should should have ended @ 90 mph with the CHP vehicles. It should of been controlled by aircraft thereafter. They had a helo up and also an airplane acording to another story I read. Im not suporting the idiot rider here, but the officer was a complete jackass for putting his body in front of a moving vehicle. The rider should be punished severely, but not for the officers injuries. I Here too much of the LEO who jumps in front of a vehicles path and then opens fire with the pretense that he was being assulted with a deadly weapon. I support the LE Community mostly, but a little common sense and fore thought would go a long way. Im just reminded of the deputy in OK, iirc, that responded to a lady with a rattlesnake in her yard. He shot at it, missed, and killed a little boy playing with his grandfather. Unnecessary Tragedy. Like my post.

This is why I wish that all the states would put a no chase law into affect on Motorcycles they put so many peoples lives in danger by chaseing these morons that like to run.  I say let them go and and save lives and tax payers money.
No way man,

penalties for running should be 3 to 4 times stiffer.  STOP running from the cops  
deadhorse.gif

That motorcyclists should be in prison for a very long time...
I agree that penalties should be stiff Charles but and I agree people ought not run from the cops but I wish the cops would use a little better judge ment about these chase instead of making it a high speed chase just back off a little and don't turn the lights or sirns on call for a helo get it in the air and have the helo track them and guide the rest of the cops in on their butts.  I just don't really see the point in making these things into high speed chases if they don't to be.

The thrill of the chase goes for both sides. There are both riders and cops alike that push the limit. There is a time and a place for everything. Common sense was not put into play by any of these individuals involved.
Is it worth dying for, or worse, being a burden on your family and or society as a vegetable.
No one is right in this issue, this is my personal thoughts on the matter.
It is a shame that it happened however it keeps happening. One can look from any perspective and find the right answer for their cause.....

Maybee the COP that was injured Never Thought for a second that the Road Block would NOT work. Or he was working on Pure Adrenaline. Some people don't make good decision's Under Stress. Even Police Officers. Either way I hope the Officer Turns out OK. I hope the Runner Get's what He Deserves.
sad.gif

He sure phucked up didn't he?
I'm sure he will be charged with attempted murder on a police officer, that or some other while in the commission of a felony type charge.
There goes his life.
Things should be changed but I doubt that legislators will take the position of a motorcycle rider over a law enforcement officer.

I would bet that the majority of the time a chase is called off the person being chased immediately gets off whatever road they are on and slows down or stops on a side street (if it is a simple speeding offense).
You would be wrong about this. They usually continue to drive like idiots for quite awhile after the chase is called off, whether in a car or on a bike.

Did I just read, "California just have cocky cops anyway"? That's like saying, "all Hayabusa riders can't use the proper verb tense in their sentences". I'm a California cop (retired) and to take a whole sub group of humans and generalize about their outlook on life is below the dignity of this conversation. The CHP has what's called Code 3 driving policy and it's a significant piece of ongoing training. An officer is only authorized to pursue by the Watch Commander if all the planets are aligned, that is light traffic, felony crime, etc. Even stolen cars result in canceled pursuits oftentimes. As I read the above, the full justification of the pursuit was not stated, if it was later classified as an unauthorized pursuit, officers can be punished severly including loss of job, fine and imprisonment. Pursuits are a tough business in terms of "should it be allowed to continue or not?" One thing for sure, there are evil people out there and I'm glad we have brave soldiers, cops, firefighters AND citizens that will get into harm's way to confront the bully's and AH's so the rest of us can live our lives. The pursuit discussed above? I don't have enough facts to be entitled to an opinion. Raydog

I have never had any problems with CHP, but I know cops and they are crappy when they want to be! I over heard two state troopers once (not in Cali) in a service station joking about writing tickets and how people were crying and how their insurance was going to go through the roof. Maybe not all are bad, but they did not make it look good for the rest!

Back