fleeing motorcycle rider runs down cop

1320Busa

#1 stand up playa,fug with me,RSD will k
Donating Member
Registered
I just heard about this on TV... "more news at 11"...

article

ESPARTO, Calif. -- An officer was seriously hurt one mile south of Esparto following a high-speed chase involving a motorcyclist, KCRA 3 reported Thursday.

According to Officer Gruidl with the Woodland CHP, the incident began as a high-speed pursuit that started in the north end of Yolo County.

The CHP officer was chasing a motorcyclist for about 40 minutes at speeds up to 140 mph.Two CHP units set up a road block at County Road 23 and County Road 86A in which there was a small gap between two CHP vehicles.

As the motorcycle began to approach the road block, it appeared to begin to slow down and go toward an officer, at which point the motorcycle sped up, went past road block at 80 mph and struck one of the CHP officers standing outside of their vehicle at the road block.

The CHP officer flew 30 feet in the air upon impact and sustained major injures.

The officer was flown to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento by CHP helicopter with a broken femur and broken ribs.

The motorcyclist flew 100 plus feet in air after the collision. That person was life-flighted to the UC Davis Medical Center and does not have life-threatening injuries.

It is unknown why the vehicle was being pursued and the name of the officer has yet to be released.

This is why I wish that all the states would put a no chase law into affect on Motorcycles they put so many peoples lives in danger by chaseing these morons that like to run. I say let them go and and save lives and tax payers money.

This is why I wish that all the states would put a no chase law into affect on Motorcycles they put so many peoples lives in danger by chaseing these morons that like to run. I say let them go and and save lives and tax payers money.
While I can agree with that to some extent, I think it would only open up another can of worms...far too many riders would take advantage of that and run more often. There's nothing to say that just because you aren't chased by the cops you won't still wreck and/or cause injury/death to innocent bystanders...

It's a fine line...and I've lost someone close to me because he ran. Do you know how many times his family and friends just wished that cop didn't pursue? I can't help but feel he would have hurt someone eventually anyway, so I back the cops decision to chase, even though the outcome was bad
sad.gif

There is no reason a cop should be chasing a bike for 40 minutes at that speed. That's just a risk to public safety.

Let me see... 1 moron on a 500lb bike vs. 1 moron cop in a 5000lb vehicle. Which one could potentially cause more damage?

that's gonna make it worse for everyone else
Yeah but if the cops were chasing one of these morons that run at high speeds like that and they hit a family member of yours or anyone else for that matter and kill them just think that that could have been prvented if the cops were not allowed to chase these guys like I said it puts lots of peoples lives at risk your, mine our families. Trust me I don't like the fact that these clowns run from the cops in the first place but it is better to just let them go than to put other peoples lives in danger. Or do it like this have the cop stand off until the they can get a helo in the air and have the helo track them much safer way to catch them. Then you might be able to break up some of these theft rings that way as well.

I could go with you on the time the chase went on...that is nuts, but it's likely normal procedure to set up road blocks and that's how a cop got hurt, just waiting there...

It's sad all around and yet another blemish for the sport biker... *sigh*

YEAH!!!!

I say...if you're guilty of something, pull over and take your lumps!

Stop effing it up for the rest of us!!!  
argue.gif

Oh yeah...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...or...
If you can't spend the dime, don't do the crime.

I can't see hitting something weighting in excess of a hundred pounds traveling at 80 Mph and keeping the bike on two wheels .

speaking to some riders in Canada, with that new 50 over law. there were a bunch
that said they were just going to run now. Your choice I guess, but it does
reflect on the rest of us.

How bout the whole flying 100' through the air and sustaining no life threatening injuries part!

Thats quite a trick... I flew over 6" through the air one time and nearly died
banghead.gif

This is why I wish that all the states would put a no chase law into affect on Motorcycles they put so many peoples lives in danger by chaseing these morons that like to run.  I say let them go and and save lives and tax payers money.
+1. Just need to get enough info to pick them up when they stop somewhere for gas. If helocopters are available to monitor the suspect until that time, so much the better. The problem with that though is the court system will probably throw the case out if he isn't caught in the act.

I believe there's a no chase thing here in Orlando. Running isn't on the rise or at least it's not reported.

I wonder what caused the chase...If it was speeding that is a sad way for all involved to be injured. A chase should only be warranted for a violent felony. As much as I am pro law enforcement I really think that most (not all) chases are purely based on adrenalin and anger. I would bet that the majority of the time a chase is called off the person being chased immediately gets off whatever road they are on and slows down or stops on a side street (if it is a simple speeding offense).

That being said...With all of the new speeding laws being inacted I can't with all honesty say I am going to stop if I have an open road. I live now by the I won't run BUT I won't stop until I see your face in my mirror.

OK, this is what drives me crazy if all said is true? A decision was made to put up a road block, forget about what should or shouldn't have happened before hand. Why did the Officer put himself in a position to be hit by this jerk. Did he think the moron wouldn't try and defeat the road block after a 40min high-speed chase? I realize we may not know the whole story.

Back