Motorcycle Officer down but not out!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Linky!

One of our own NW Motorcycle Officers fell down this morning while entering the freeway. Seems he may need a little training on how to ride on chilly wet days. Pretty blustery wet day here in the Pacific Northwest and this Officer was most likely the only rider on the roads in all of Western Washington.

This statement caught my eye: The deputy was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with minor injuries.

Why would anyone call for a helicopter ride to the NW Premiere Trauma Center with minor injuries? I wonder what the cost will be to the tax payers for this little un-necessary getoff. Better yet, why would anyone place a motorcycle out on a cold, nasty, rainy day like this to chase traffic? Evidently, "Highly Intelligent" is not a "Requirement" on the application form for our Local Sheriff's Dept. :dunno:

Glad He's ok, I've heard that any indication of possible head injury = life flight. I think they like to pay for the stuff.

I hope he has a full recovery and they find the root cause of the crash.

Why would anyone call for a helicopter ride ... with minor injuries?

Heck, I would. I've got a membership with Med-Trans just in case something happens on one of our rides up in the mountains. $55 a year covers the wife and me for an airlift anytime.

Am okay taking the extra step for any accident victims especially the moto cops, they have a very dangerous/fun job. The helicopter and pilot are already paid for might as well use them, hard to Monday morning QB the people on teh scene.

Linky!

One of our own NW Motorcycle Officers fell down this morning while entering the freeway. Seems he may need a little training on how to ride on chilly wet days. Pretty blustery wet day here in the Pacific Northwest and this Officer was most likely the only rider on the roads in all of Western Washington.

This statement caught my eye: The deputy was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with minor injuries.

Why would anyone call for a helicopter ride to the NW Premiere Trauma Center with minor injuries? I wonder what the cost will be to the tax payers for this little un-necessary getoff. Better yet, why would anyone place a motorcycle out on a cold, nasty, rainy day like this to chase traffic? Evidently, "Highly Intelligent" is not a "Requirement" on the application form for our Local Sheriff's Dept. :dunno:

That's quite a lofty pedestal you stand on. The article says he was airlifted with minor injuries. This is written long AFTER the event is over and done with. Most likely there appeared to be a more serious injury at the accident scene and ended up being minor. You seem as though you know for a fact that this was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Were you there? Because if you weren't, your opinion is totally baseless. Evidently, "Highly Intelligent" isn't a requirement for Monday morning quarterbacking on an Internet forum.

That's quite a lofty pedestal you stand on. The article says he was airlifted with minor injuries. This is written long AFTER the event is over and done with. Most likely there appeared to be a more serious injury at the accident scene and ended up being minor. You seem as though you know for a fact that this was a waste of taxpayer dollars. Were you there? Because if you weren't, your opinion is totally baseless. Evidently, "Highly Intelligent" isn't a requirement for Monday morning quarterbacking on an Internet forum.

Has nothing to do with a pedestal, it's called common sense! Apparently something you missed out on some place along the way.

Stick to flippin burgers buddy! With a lack of good judgment and common sense you are destined to die doing a job with your name on your shirt! :dunno:

Why have a motor officer out in horrible weather? I get that criminals don't stop being criminals because its raining, but it just seems an unnecessary risks for the officer, give that man a car for the day. He could even run a slick top if he wanted :laugh:

Oops :banghead: Hopefully he's alright. Around here EMS makes that call. Sometimes injuries are obvious at other times they're not. With the law suit mentality they will always go failsafe. A lot of C-Sections happen for the same reason.

Linky!

we all know ur a legend in ur own mind and think ur the next Joshua Hayes:whistle: but did the thought cross ur mind that he was airlifted when the MEDICS (who are the one's that decide if life flight is gonna be dispatched) thought his injuries were serious and after reaching the hospital it was revealed that his injuries were not life threatening? that's never happened to anyone one else either after being life flighted to the hospital. you sound stupid!

if you had any common sense you would know that the police officer himself didnt call for life flight but based on ur post id say common sense and "Intelligence" is something YOU obviously lack.:whistle:

and it never rains in Seattle either.:whistle: motorcyle cops ride all year so yea im sure a motorcycle cop is going to get caught in some heavy rains and have an accident! yea it happens.

oh I forgot your the mesiah of motorcycle riding and going down in the rain could never happen to you. cut the chit would you and yea get off ur high horse and save us your self indulged BS cause no one is impressed.

we all know ur a legend in ur own mind and think ur the next Joshua Hayes:whistle: but did the thought cross ur mind that he was airlifted when the MEDICS (who are the one's that decide if life flight is gonna be dispatched) thought his injuries were serious and after reaching the hospital it was revealed that his injuries were not life threatening? that's never happened to anyone one else either after being life flighted to the hospital. you sound stupid!

if you had any common sense you would know that the police officer himself didnt call for life flight but based on ur post id say common sense and "Intelligence" is something YOU obviously lack.:whistle:

and it never rains in Seattle either.:whistle: motorcyle cops ride all year so yea im sure a motorcycle cop is going to get caught in some heavy rains and have an accident! yea it happens.

oh I forgot your the mesiah of motorcycle riding and going down in the rain could never happen to you. cut the chit would you and yea get off ur high horse and save us your self indulged BS cause no one is impressed.

Wow! You have a miraculous use of the English language. Bottle getting towards the bottom, is it? :drinka:

I had no idea that "Joshua Hayes" had been airlifted. I'll be sure to send Joshua a "Get Well" card.

We have freedom of speech in this country (At least for the moment) and you certainly are entitled to your opinion of me. However, your brilliant analysis of me and three bucks will get you a latte at starbucks. Be sure to mention my name so you get the "SteveO" discount, eh? :coffee:

Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order please. Howbout an apple pie with that, they are two for a dollar today! :tongue4:

Wow! You have a miraculous use of the English language. Bottle getting towards the bottom, is it? :drinka:

I had no idea that "Joshua Hayes" had been airlifted. I'll be sure to send Joshua a "Get Well" card.

We have freedom of speech in this country (At least for the moment) and you certainly are entitled to your opinion of me. However, your brilliant analysis of me and three bucks will get you a latte at starbucks. Be sure to mention my name so you get the "SteveO" discount, eh? :coffee:

Welcome to McDonald's, can I take your order please. Howbout an apple pie with that, they are two for a dollar today! :tongue4:
ok "Track Coach"....:whistle: so let me get this straight. A motorcycle cop who rides probably 30-40 hours a week at WORK in a area that sees more rain then anywhere else in the country happens to go down while riding in the rain (cause that's what real motorcycle cops do is ride year round) and as a result that makes him "Unintelligent"?

I had no idea it was cold and nasty in washington state this time of year. did the thought cross ur mind that maybe he went down cause he hit a slick spot in the road with antifreeze or oil? oh I see, he went down cause he's not an EXPERT rider on a closed course like you are right?:whistle:

and if you had a clue you would know that in many PD's if you want to be in the motorcycle unit you have to ride year round and not on just sunny warm days. oh, I forgot people only travel on the highway during sunny warm days so there would be nothing for a motorcycle cop to do on rainy cold days.

Has nothing to do with a pedestal, it's called common sense! Apparently something you missed out on some place along the way.

Stick to flippin burgers buddy! With a lack of good judgment and common sense you are destined to die doing a job with your name on your shirt! :dunno:

It would appear that you label your baseless/idiotic ASSUMPTIONS as "common sense". This is a common trait among folks who have an extra chromosome coupled with diarreah of the mouth.

Oh, and I absolutely wear my name on my shirt at work. It came somewhere after the Bachelor's degree and right before the six figure income. Boy, your ASSumptions just keep getting better and better!:laugh:

Steve-
I consider you a friend and because of that you get my opinion.
SOmetimes you are spot on others you are way off base. This is one of those times you are off base sir. Until you have worked EMS and the streets as a paramedic/EMT and know the protocols that must be followed set forth by the area docotor in charge of hte EMS system, then please do not pass judgement as to how the scene was handled and what transport was used. The system I was a part of called for a flight no matter the condition of the patient based on certain criteria such as a death in the vehicle, fall of 20 feet or more, ejection from a vehicle (Including a motorcycle) and others. So unless you were a part of the EMS team on scene you do not have ALL THE FACTS about why flight was used.
Second, I ride in wet cold conditions as I live where we have winter for about 13 months a year it seems like. Milwaukee motor cops ride 10-11 months a year here. Motor cops are highly trained and skilled riders ( Well here they are ). Stuff happens. It is easy to sit back and judge but without all the facts or having been a witness or responding professional then your judgment may be flawed. You of all people know the track and the street are two different animals.
You are entitled to your opinions and are allowed freedom of speech, but please allow those same things to others without belittling them.
Nobody is perfect not even my mother( She thinks she is ).

No disrespect just another side of the coin because there are 2.
Safe riding my friend and hope to ride with you again.

I hate to extract the "political implications" from this thread but, generally speaking, there is a tendency from some to criticise any event where "taxpayers money" is used. Of course there are thousands of examples where we as a society can trim and make government more efficient.....I don't think public safety services is one of them. Having been a career Peace Officer in Los Angeles, I never saw a situation where an injured cop was given "too much care". If I crash my civilian motorcycle far from home in the rain (that I often find myself in!) and bang my head on the tarmac, I hope the medics fire up my heloevac insurance as soon as they arrive on scene! That's why I have the big decal of a helicoptor and phone # on the top of my Shoei. Respectfully, Doyle

Back