Sacramento Area Busa Rider killed 9-10-08

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone know this guy? It was about 1/2 hr from house But I didnt know the guy, he was from Sac area.

REPORT :

I-5 motorcyclist dies evading arrest at 150 mph
Staff Reports
Article Launched: 09/11/2008 05:26:44 PM PDT

ARTOIS - A man California Highway Patrol officers chased at speeds up to 145 mph on Interstate 5 Wednesday night died when he crashed his motorcycle near Artois at an even higher speed.
The Glenn County Sheriff's Office identified him as Floyd Henry Periman III, 41, of Elverta, a Sacramento suburb.

The pursuit began in Tehama County near Corning about 8:45 p.m., when a CHP officer going north spotted Periman heading south at high speed.

The officer cut through a median to get behind the motorcyclist and initially clocked him on radar at 97 mph. He ended the pursuit when Periman ignored his red lights and siren and sped up to 145 mph near the Glenn County line.

Periman allegedly reached 150 mph between County Road 7 and Walker Creek - covering 11 miles in less than four minutes - though he wasn't being chased.

As he neared Walker Creek, north of County Road 33, Periman lost control of the motorcycle, a 2006 Suzuki 1300, sending it tumbling down the roadway then striking a guard rail.

The suspect, killed instantly, came to rest in a southbound lane.

Investigators said he was wearing a helmet.

The crash remains under investigation. The CHP said Periman was only being sought for speeding.

RIP...i feel for the friends and family he left behind

WOW. ??? He Lived about a Mile From my Hood. Small World and Life is Short I Guess:whistle:. Godspeed :angel:

I know we all speed , but at night and tripple digits running = Dumbazz. At 41 years old he shoulda known better.

Yes, I knew floyd very well.. He was my cousin.
My family are still grieving the loss and still stunned at the accident, he was a seasoned motorcyle buff, since he was as young as 11 years old I can remember him always having a motorcycle. They were his passion. Tragic accidents happen all the time, Floyd was no exception to the rules. Why he chose to run from the police is beyond us, but none the less, He did and paid a pretty heavy price for his choice.
Floyd may have been upset over the loss of our uncle only a few days before, Robert James Hann of Reno, Nevada. And I've heard that his front tire had blown out as well.. they had little tire tread life left on them anyway.

Anyway, I found this through a google search and read all the comments.. Thank you for the wishes to my family.

Kind Regards,

Debbara Moon
Crescent City, California.

It's too bad that he had to go. I have seen it too many times this year. Lets hope the next year is a better one.

Tragic accidents happen all the time

This wasn't so much an accident in the normal scheme of things, as it was a tragic result of an incredibly bad judgment call. Riding 30+ mph over the posted speed limit would have garnered a hefty citation, but obviously would have been preferable rather than this outcome.

Sorry for your loss, Debbara... RIP to your cousin.

Well, honestly ~ I can only say that just a few days before this accident, our uncle had died after a 2 year struggle in the hospital, he may have been very upset and just not thinking straight when he ran, it was a very bad choice and he paid the ultimate price for it.

But, I guess I'll never really know what he was thinking.. I can only guess.

thanks again.

Debbara Moon

Crescent City, California.

I know we all speed , but at night and tripple digits running = Dumbazz. At 41 years old he shoulda known better.

agreed...but a death is still a horrible thing, and i'm sure his family is feeling a great deal of pain. They're the only ones i feel bad for.

Back