Rider killed close to home

dudewizr

Registered
I think this article speaks for itself.  I went to see the site on Sunday just to get an idea of any hazards that may have been present so if faced witha a similar situation I can make different decisions.  This guy crashed on a flat open 2 lane road, my assistant knew him personally and said this is his 3rd time involved with a drunk driving incident.  The last time left a woman in a coma for 2 1/2 months.

From the Columbus Dispatch 3-18-06

LONDON, Ohio

Early-morning crash kills

Madison County motorcyclist

A Madison County motorcyclist was killed Thursday when his Suzuki 1300 veered off a rural road and he was thrown off the bike, the State Highway Patrol said.

Charles D. Braskett, 26, of London, was pronounced dead at the scene of the 2:30 a.m. crash by the county coroner. He was wearing a helmet, but it was unable to save him because of the severity of the crash, the patrol said.

Braskett was southbound on Betty Wilson Road, a half-mile south of the intersection with Rt. 40, about 3 miles north of London, Ohio.

His motorcycle went off the left side of the road. It struck a mailbox, a driveway culvert and a utility pole before it went airborne and threw Braskett off, the patrol said.

Speed and use of alcohol appear to be contributing factors in the crash, the patrol said. The Franklin County coroner is to perform an autopsy that was ordered by the Madison County coroner, the patrol said.

<!--EDIT|dudewizr
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142963984 -->

sad.gif
How very sad.. Never drink and drive/ride, it ain't worth it.

At least he didn't take anyone else out or hurt anyone else this time.

Can't say I feel bad for a guy who has had 3 drunk driving/riding incidents(if the info is correct). But I do feel bad for his family and friends left behind.

My assistant's husband works with this guys fiance, and appantly the reaction from friends and family is that they knew it would happen sooner or later. It still can't make it any easier on them though. sad situation.

So sad... you know his family and friends must feel responsible at some level.
Based on the comments above:
the reaction from friends and family is that they knew it would happen sooner or later

Obviously, as an adult, we are ultimately responsible for our actions.
But as a friend and / or loved one, if you know there's a problem... it gets complicated quickly.

I will say a prayer for those left behind...
sad.gif

So sad..... just 26 and his life has ended...

Was he a .org member?
I don't think so. He lived in London, Ohio. Worked at the car dealership where I bought my truck. The weird thing is when I bought it last April they had a new Dodge Charger setting in the showroom. As I was looking at it this guy starts telling me about how fast it is and my reply was I have all the speed I need and we started talking about the Busa. The next week I was back in there again and he was asking me about the Busa again and said he was looking into getting one. So after seeing this article my wife asked me if I thought he was the same guy. I have no clue but he made his choices, which we all do I just hope my family never has to harden their hearts over my choices. Be safe out there.

Very sad to see any rider go down when it could have been avoided. I pray for family becasue they have alot to deal with once this all sinks in. If they knew he had a problem that is going to bother some of them if they have a concious at all.

To drink and ride is just insane...it's to bad for his family though...sure is sad.
sad.gif

Sad to hear of another brother gone down. The positive is that no other individuals were hurt. Drinking and driving is bad enough but drinking and riding is crazy. Definitely not something to play with...

Terrible terrible think to happen. What a stupid waste driving and drinking on a bike!

Back