Guy caught doing 155

SoBad

Donating Member
Registered
Police clock motorcyclist at 155 on I-12

By MARK F. BONNER
Advocate staff writer
Published: Mar 13, 2006

A Louisiana State Trooper in Holden clocked a motorcyclist zooming down Interstate 12 on Sunday at a whopping 155 mph — more than two times the posted speed limit of 70 mph.

“That may be the fastest of all-time in the state,â€￾ said Trooper Ryan Riley of Troop A. “I can’t confirm it, but I don’t think anyone has ever gotten anybody at 155. The fastest I know of is like 144.â€￾

Riley said he was traveling westbound on I-12 about 6 p.m. when he ran radar on Brian Samuel Willis, 20, 21041 Fred Joiner Road, Ponchatoula, in the eastbound lane.

Maneuvering his vehicle to the other side of the interstate, Riley tried to follow Willis, but the black Yamaha R6 ducked off the roadway onto La. 441 and traveled south to La. 42, Riley said.

At that point, Livingston Parish Sheriff’s deputies and the Springfield Police Department got involved in the pursuit and chased Willis back toward Riley, who made the arrest, he said.

“He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident,â€￾ Riley said. “He just said he didn’t think he was going that fast and he didn’t know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130.â€￾

Willis’ motorcycle was impounded and he was booked in the Livingston Parish Prison for reckless operation of a vehicle, flight from an officer and speeding, Riley said.

“The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday,â€￾ Riley said. “I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail.â€￾

The guy was dumb for his speed but look what the cop says "The judge refused to set the bond until Tuesday,â€￾ Riley said. “I think she is going to let him spend a few days in jail" If the judge doesnt like you she can let you sit in jail so she can get her jollies
rock.gif

An R6...I dunno.
Maybe it will do 155 but only with a very small rider and with perfect conditions...
And then there is the bail issue...
I hope she (the Judge) gets her a** burned for this.
If she wants to teach him a lesson then have the hearing and refuse bail...
But to refuse to have the bail hearing for several days is not right...
But more often than not it seems that the average citizen is guilty until proven innocent...

David

An R6...I dunno.
Maybe it will do 155 but only with a very small rider and with perfect conditions...
But more often than not it seems that the average citizen is guilty until proven innocent...

David
Why get BUrned for all we know she is teaching him a lesson and not taking his license away and letting him think about it
If it was my 20 year old son i would be begging the judge to keep him a few days so he can see what is like..( Personally if i was clocked at 155 cop coming at me would have been a hard decision to stop depending on area and traffic..Time and place for everything...That would make me no better then him Delima) Not sure but I think if she wanted to she could give him a felony confiction for endagerment of police officers and that would be on his record for life..But not sure on that ..Would not want to pay his fine..

Judges have alot of power and unfortunately in some cases it gets abused. I don't know if that is the case here or not. But there have been some crazy cases that make you scratch your head
rock.gif
Hell last night on the news they reported about a judge who has had 8 count them 8 DUI's and this same judge just let a child rapist off with house arrest
wow.gif
How does that happen....not a single day in jail for raping someone let alone children
mad.gif
How is someone like this still on the bench? I can't remember exactly what state it was. But it was on the Geraldo fox news show last night.

Any one of our bikes can hit 155 in no time. I can't say that I have never blasted up to 120 or so. Add to that a cop in the wrong place at the wrong time and whammo. Sustianing that type of speed is a whole different type of craziness though.

An R6...I dunno.

David
Why get BUrned for all we know she is teaching him a lesson and not taking his license away and letting him think about it
If it was my 20 year old son i would be begging the judge to keep him a few days so he can see what is like..( Personally if i was clocked at 155 cop coming at me would have been a hard decision to stop depending on area and traffic..Time and place for everything...That would make me no better then him  Delima) Not sure but I think if she wanted to she could give him a felony confiction for endagerment of police officers and that would be on his record for life..But not sure on that ..Would not want to pay his fine..
I am not saying the little squid does not need to be spanked, and spanked hard.
All I'm saying is that the Law, established rules and standards must be applied in all cases all the time, equally.
Or throw them out and just wing it.
And if we throw them out then what to we have...
A court system that does what it pleases, when it pleases at the Judges discretion.
That's scary to me. It opens the door to favoritism and the good ol' boy system.
I am not perfect, and do, on occasion, break the Law (speeding).
However, if I do, I want to know that I will be treated in a way that is consistent and follows the rule of Law.
Not some local Judges mood of the day.

David

Evading a police officer IS a Felony! First mistake the kid made was admiting he was speeding. Just a little info to those of you who may not know, in a situation like that, never, I mean NEVER have conversation with the LEO. You are not required to say anything and your attorney will have a much easier time getting the case thrown out if you don't say anything. The only requirement is that you identify yourself. When you pass him your drivers license, that obligation is fulfilled!

Still a dumb ass thing to do! Especially on a freeway where you know it's being patrolled constantly for speedsters who wish to donate their money to the state.

I know it's hard to maintain the speed limit but if you get the blue lights, keep your mouth shut and a decent traffic attorney can most likely get you out of it.

Wow...how did he not know he was being chased? Anytime I twist the throttle I know there is a chance of getting popped by a leo....oh well hate to see what his insurance does...good lawyer will get him off with some fines though.

Wow...how did he not know he was being chased? Anytime I twist the throttle I know there is a chance of getting popped by a leo....oh well hate to see what his insurance does...good lawyer will get him off with some fines though.
At 155 mph, the only thing I would know is that I am not taking my eyes off the road. There is no need to look in your rear views, because you are passing everything. Besides your crouched down and can't see anything any way. If you pass by a cop sitting still or going to other way, then he wouldn't be close enough, so he may have a valid argument, even though I think he is lying
wink.gif

But this is a small price to pay for his gamble, he could have lost big........
AAAssjani.gif

An R6...I dunno.

David
If it was my 20 year old son i would be begging the judge to keep him a few days so he can see what is like..( Personally if i was clocked at 155 cop coming at me would have been a hard decision to stop depending on area and traffic..Time and place for everything...That would make me no better then him  Delima) Not sure but I think if she wanted to she could give him a felony confiction for endagerment of police officers and that would be on his record for life..But not sure on that ..Would not want to pay his fine..
I am not saying the little squid does not need to be spanked, and spanked hard.
All I'm saying is that the Law, established rules and standards must be applied in all cases all the time, equally.
Or throw them out and just wing it.
And if we throw them out then what to we have...
A court system that does what it pleases, when it pleases at the Judges discretion.
That's scary to me. It opens the door to favoritism and the good ol' boy system.
I am not perfect, and do, on occasion, break the Law (speeding).
However, if I do, I want to know that I will be treated in a way that is consistent and follows the rule of Law.
Not some local Judges mood of the day.

David
I do Understsand what you are saying but since the beginning of time we have played favorites one hand washes the other you scratch my back i vote for you.. There is crooked judges cops and attorneys . I do understand we need to stay with the book as it was written BUT if we did that and there was no bending do yoiu have any idea of some of the laws that are still on the books ..

Correct me if I am wrong but the article does say he pulled over once he saw them ..... How is that evading there is no way a cop can catch a bike in 100 miles if you pass them doing 155 and dont let up you wouldnt even know they where after you. He pulled over once he saw all of us, without incident,â€￾ Riley said. “He just said he didn’t think he was going that fast and he didn’t know we were behind him. He thought he was only doing 120 or 130.â€￾
Another abuse of law to charge them with as many things as you can think of plea bargain in court for the ones that wouldnt stick anyway so the guy thinks he is getting a good deal.

Here is just a couple.It is illegal to use profanity in front of a dead body which lies in a funeral home or in a coroners office.Members of the state assembly cannot be ticketed for speeding while the state assembly is in session.Donkeys may not be kept in bathtubs.Signs are required to be written in English.No one may carry an ice cream cone in their back pocket if it is Sunday.DumbLaws . I just said that maybe this might teach him a lesson . If it is first offense I am not against judges useing descretion and trying to help someone out ,.. Might be you or your kids someday..Lot easier for the judge to give him a few days then to punish him for life with a felony or taking his license ..    Lets just say I have learned from experiance it works....Sometimes  . Peace Out

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142360240 -->

anio_4.gif

I'm probably gonna regret saying this but .....Who buys a Busa and dose not open her up from time to time ? Guess I'm a squid too , if I get busted going that fast ?
tounge.gif
wink.gif

An R6...I dunno.

David
Actually, you'd be suprised how fast and quick those R6's are. When I did my track day at Willow Springs 1 1/2 weeks ago, I had one R6 blow past me on the main 1/2 mile straight before turn 1. Believe me, I was pinned coming out of 9 and tucked underneath the windscreen during the whole straight. My speedo indicated 170 MPH and he still passed me.

Afterwards, I talked to the guy and looked at his bike for any mods. Didnt see nitrous or turbo. He just had a PCIIIUSB and a full exhaust. He didn't mention engine work but I'll bet he at least did some cam work. But a racetrack modified 600 will keep up with a stock Busa (up until the very top end of course. Then that's a different story).

Well I can see where he was coming from on that one. I will tell this story to make it kinda more clear. Now I won't say where or when I did this...(haha).....but a few months ago I got the busa out after 2 weeks of not being able to ride. Once I got on the highway I was amazed there was like zero traffic in this one leg I was riding on. I know the area well because I drive it back and forth to work daily. So I pretty much know all the places the po po will sit to clock people. Well since there was no traffic and I had the highway all to myself I wanted to stretch her legs. I peg it and am hitting 140....150.....160....170....175 and about the time I hit there I start to back down and as I look on the OPPOSITE side of the highway I see a state trooper clocking the other side of the highway as people come out from under an overpass. Well no one was coming and I saw him aim the gun at my bike. I thought what should I do? I just let it roll back down to 130 cuz I thought there was no point in slowing down now. Well since he would have had to cross 3 lanes of traffic and the median to come get me he never pulled out but I garauntee he was getting on the radio. So I pulled off at the closest exit and throttled down some back roads to get off the highway and get away and luckily evaded that mess. But my point behind it all was at that speed I was in such conccentration that I literally did not see him until it was too late. Now that did teach me a lesson that sometimes when you think its safe to do that crap your better off not to. I didn't get caught but it was sobering let me tell you.

Well, staying until Tuesday isn't a big deal. In Oklahoma if your picked up and jailed on Fridays (after about 2 PM) - Sat or Sundays for something like this (something a standard Bond is not listed - as above and beyond their limits and 155 mph in a 70 meets this) then the earliest you can see a Judge would be Monday morning. So, Tuesday isn't so bad. Guy must be NUTS to go that fast on a Louisianna Interstate- There're the absolute WORST in the Country. Surprised
wink.gif
 he live though the ride, being he could NEVER miss all those pot holes
wow.gif

In defense of my Great State, he was on I-12 which is pretty decent. I-10 on the other hand does suck big time in spots.

Worst Roads by State
1. Pennsylvania
2. Missouri
3. Louisiana
4. Michigan
5. California

WORST HIGHWAY
1. I-10 Louisiana
2. I-44 Missouri
3. I-95 New York

Road/Highway Ranking as per eTrucker Mag

Back