Stolen Busa Recovered... Need some advice?

Part it. Sue the owner's estate.

The little PoS got what he had coming to him. What goes around comes around. I have no sympathy for a thief.

That bike is fine to buy and part out, I wouldn't care if a thief died on it, he wasn't the original owner and got what was coming to him so it's fine :thumbsup:

Make some money off that bike!!!!!

I agree.

sue the hell out of the dead asshat, sue his family, and sue his friends.

if he bought it hot, one of them will probably eventually turn and tell you who he bought it from, and then sue the hell out of them and theirs as well.

or just due a little bit of vigilante-ism, and go take a baseball bat to the face wife, kids, friends, and whoevers family of the person that sold him the bike (if that was the case).

I don't do well with thieves, be it people that take stolen property or those that steal it themselves- and anyone married / dating / created by those kinds of people deserve to have their head look like your gas tank...

...broken.

i honestly dont know what to say.. everything in this thread goes against what i thought was "normal" makes me want to call my insurance and double check what i actually got covered.

I hope someone here buys it for a good price. Honestly, I understand you not wanting to deal with it. The bike gets stolen and now you're left to clean up the pieces! What a crap deal! I wish you the best with this and I hope everything works out.

Yea thats right and they have not recovered the 600 yet but they are re-opening the case now. They had no idea who the bike belonged to or that another was stolen at the same time it was. We had a friend that just happen to here it on the news and call us thinking it could be our bike so i started looking into it and it was. So I took the original police report and titles to the police station cause they didnt show a record of the report anymore.

I think we have decided to go get the bike and sell it as a whole the way it is and someone can use it for parts or whatever they want to. (anyone interested pm me)At least that way maybe we can get a small portion of the 12 grand we lost back. And we are for sure going to see a lawyer today about suing.

The tag comes back to an '04 Suzuki 600 yellow in color :whistle:

I would probably go get it for $300, maybe tell the tow company my story and get a discount, then absolutely part it out to recup a little change.

As far as an estate he probably doesn't have one, and lawyers usually ask for some money up front.

Best of luck to ya, sorry things went so bad for ya.

I wouldn't worry much about Karma, I doubt he was actually ON the bike when he died!

You may have to make this a "long story - LONG" to satisfy all our questions about the insurance company. They won't pay now because you probably haven't been paying premiums for the past 2 years. But I would still like to know what their basis for denying your claim was, did they include a statement that your theft coverage was only good if the bike was stolen from your home?

Lottsa questions. Still feel bad for you, a house fire AND two bikes stolen at the same time. Nobody deserves that kind of luck...

I do remember Geico asking if my bike was kept in a garage. Maybe they do have some sort of clause in thier contract.

i honestly dont know what to say.. everything in this thread goes against what i thought was "normal" makes me want to call my insurance and double check what i actually got covered.

no doubt i agree 100%

As far as an estate he probably doesn't have one, and lawyers usually ask for some money up front.

if he had any kind of job, he could very well have a life insurance policy through his employer or he could have a vehicle in the driveway that hopefully ISN'T stolen...never hurts to check :beerchug:

This pile of bike is full of GOOD kharma IMO! Some idiot stole it and the bike took revenge on his dumb a$$. Very loyal bike if u ask me. Sell it anyway you see fit with clear conscience. If I had a wallet full of loot, I'd be the proud owner of that mess. Start stripping, IF the motor is indeed in good working condition, that would be a great project piece. Turbo, big bore, NOS, track daze anyone?

I hope it works out for you guys....I had a truck stolen in '08, (18 wheeler) it was found several days later in a shopping center lot minus my good wheels and tires and my personal stuff from inside. The crooks had put 6 junk tires and wheels back on it to move it. Even tho the sheriffs dept. dusted for prints, nothing came of it.

That bike took a whack! Since there was a death involved with it I personally wouldn't want to be near that bad kharma. For parts I don't see anything other than the tail light and possibly engine that you could sell.

Edit.......and one left rear red reflector :)

I'm curious to us who would sell the engine, would you feel obligated to mention last rider died on it ?
I kinda would.

+1 on that I wouldn't mess with it.

Back