Stolen Busa Recovered... Need some advice?

Gurley

Registered
I havent been on in a while but I am back and need some help.... My new Busa got stolen 2 years ago and found out yesterday it was in an accident on sunday! The police report from the paper:

The Madison County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a motorcycle crash around 7 p.m. Sunday in the 3000 block of Christmasville Road in north Madison County, according to a release from the sheriff's office.

The victim was identified as Curtis Lee Williams, 52, of 659 Watson Road in Jackson.

The investigation revealed that Williams was traveling northbound on Christmasville Road when he apparently lost control and struck a culvert. He was pronounced dead at the scene, the release said.

Investigators revealed that the 2008 Suzuki motorcycle that Williams was driving was reported stolen in 2009 from Henderson County, the release said.

The sheriff's department believes speed and alcohol contributed to the accident.

So now we have to decide what to do with the bike... sell it, part it, or attempt to re-build it... Not exactly sure of the extent of all the damages but here are the pics we do have.

IMG00228-20110322-1751.jpg

IMG00231-20110322-1751.jpg

IMG00232-20110322-1751.jpg

IMG00229-20110322-1751.jpg

IMG00226-20110322-1741.jpg

its a loss, at best parts, the frame looks pretty trashed...along with pretty much everything else

how much does the insurance comp want for it? if the motor is decent, part it out. dont let a good gen2 motor go to waste.

Did you have any insurance? Think he stole the bike or new it was stolen?
Where was it stolen from?

Gosh I hate a friggin thief.

part it out and start a civil suit against the dead man's estate and anyone else found to be connected with your stolen (and now destroyed) bike

Sorry to hear about You bike..did You have full coverage?

With someone being killed and the damage on it I wouldn't fix it personally,if You still own it and or didnt have full coverage I would try to part it out and make as much as you can,the newer motors harness ect bring good money as well as anything else that's good..

That bike took a whack! Since there was a death involved with it I personally wouldn't want to be near that bad kharma. For parts I don't see anything other than the tail light and possibly engine that you could sell.

Edit.......and one left rear red reflector :)

I'm curious to us who would sell the engine, would you feel obligated to mention last rider died on it ?
I kinda would.

All of the Gen2 motor parts bring top dollar. Break the motor down as far as possible.........I usually get upwards of 2k for a Gen1, I wouldn't think you have any problems getting 3-3.5k for a Gen2.

Good luck,
Scott

If it was stolen 2 years ago insurance should have paid it off anyway. From someone who's had a snowmobile stolen (later recovered stripped) and a truck stolen last year, just let it go. No way in hell would i rebuild it (one that frame taking a hit) and 2 it hasnt been "yours" for 2 years, ya never know what was done to it in those 2 years, if it was ridden by the guy that stole it its probably been abused

I'm curious to us who would sell the engine, would you feel obligated to mention last rider died on it ?
I kinda would.

I'd feel more obligated if selling the frame or rolling chassis, I think the kharma would go with the skeleton

Well we totally got screwed on the insurance so long story short they didnt pay but yes we had a policy so for the past 2 years I have been holding a $12000 dollar piece of paper (title). It was stolen from in front of the apartments we were staying at one night while our house was being re-built after a house fire and yes the bike was locked and chained down at the time it was stolen. Basically I have to make a decision by 2marrow to pay the $300 storage and wrecker bill and decide what to do with the bike or simply walk away... And I cant seem to reach a clear decision on what to do?

If you can take it home for $300 and dont mind some time and leg work to part it out, you'll make money on it.
Not sure how that effects the insurance of gettin em to pay up tho

Back