120MPH and Caught, do you run?

NearDeath

Donating Member
Registered
Pigging backing off gcal's ticket thread...

If you get caught doing 120, should you run? My understanding is here in CO, they can only chase you on a bike if you are a known felon; otherwise, they have to let you go as to not endaner the driver and those around him.. (haven't confirmed this rumor via my Popo though; never intended to run)

Tough call ... But more than likely I'm gonna stop and eat it. I'ld hate to run and get caught...the charge then becomes felony evasion and now we are talking about jail time and tens of thousands of dollars. Not to mention the loss of license.

Better stop dude, unless the officer is facing the wrong way, there is plenty of traffic and there is an exit near by with a friendly garage or building for safe hiding
laugh.gif

If I go 120 and pass a cop by the road, and there is light traffic ahead, I am not slowing down... until I see lights behind me (which I wouldn't, cause I will be a mile ahead of him). This is frankly not running, and not even evasion.

Otherwise, I stop.

Is 120mph against the law or something? Then I guess you should have known better and not done it in the first place.
smile.gif
Better stop and not make it possibly fatally worse. What is worse: death by adreline forcing you to ride way past yoru limits [as seen on America's Worst Police Chases], or goign to jail+paying fine+living to do it again? You call.
smile.gif
... not that *I* ever speed or anything... ;)
IMHO

smile.gif

hmmmmmmmm.........tough call i would love to run cuz they wont follow but paying a 120.00 ticket a whole hell of a lot better than going to jail

Funny you should mention Colorado, there was an article in one of the cycle mags a few months back about 2 guys riding through colorado on bikes. They were speeding of course and as luck would have it, the red lights came on behind them. One stopped right away, and the other didn't. They chased the one who didn't stop down and when they finally caught up with him, actually, he finally decided to pull over, they had him spred eagled on the ground and he was in jail before he knew what was happening. He had to post bail and fly home. He also had to fly back to Colorado 2 or 3 times for court appearances. Soo...... probably not worth it.

I got caught a while back doing 140 in a 65. I pulled over when the state cop pointed to me. I did not get a ticket r a warning. I have a bike that is know in the area, so it would do no good to run anyway.

Run?
How much gas do you have?
Got leathers on?
Were are you in traffic of hills were the cop has no back up?
Is he chasing you or another bike?
Did you actually get the red lights behind you or was he going the oppisite direction and when he saw you did he turn around to get you?
Got passanger?
Got a license?
Or no and have a crap load od DUI's and nothing to lose?
Can you RIDE your bike or can you just ride?
Do you know the area laike the back of your hand?
What are you gonna say If you decide to stop and he asks why did you endanger my life by making you chase me.
Doo you have kids and a wife that can do with out you?
Is your dumbass rookie rider friend behind you follow just to show you he has what it takes to keep up???

You need to think about all that stuff and about 100 other stuff before you hit the gas.

Or you could end up like this guy who I heard was running with a passanger on the back.

It's the picture all the way to the left.

CAUTION!!!!!CAUTION!!!!!!CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE A WESK STOMACH DONT'T LOOK AT PICK.

AND IF YOU DO AND CAN'T HANDLE IT NOT MY FAULT.

http://www.stuntlife.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/543/password/

You wanna run Your brain better be going as fast as the bike or you just playin a numbers game and it's only a matter of time before the house wins.
Belive me the house always wins:;):

if i can get a way with saying " i didnt knwo he was chasing me" i'm gone, if he's close enough to read my plate, i'm stopping.

gcal,
those are some pretty messed up pic's. The outcome of the helmet stuck in the grill of that truck could not have been good.

I ran once.....posted the story a long time ago. The bottom line is I saw a lot of cops with their hands on their guns. that night.

Now I stop even before he has a chance to turn the lights on......Haven't gotten a ticket since. They seem to respect that.

No matter what I do not run, I know the roads that I travel, I consider myself a good rider and I have a lot of friends with garages through out my area. Case and Point:  On of my favorite sweapers is a right hander going from one interestate to another, I would call it the perfect turn 140 plus easy, shot by a chp on a bike, I did not slow down in the turn, when I was up right noticed the lights and pulled over to wait for him.  Had my hel. off and was propped up aginst my bike, he walked up and the first thing he ask me was "why did you stop, I would have never caught you", I told him that I never run from the police, he smiled took my lic, reg, insurance, did a check on lic, nothing came back walked over to me and ask how fast was I going I told him to be honest I know I was going very fast but I was busy concentrating on the road to be locking at the speed I was going, he then asked me if I always ride in full gear, I told him yes, he gave my paper work back, thank me for stopping and ask to save that type of riding for the track.  I thank him and went about my business.  I'm not saying that this will ever happen again but I'm glad that I stopped.  Another thing to consider for those who choose to run, depending upon your location (state, country) not all police agencies handle things by the book!  I hope you get my meaning.

I have had a couple of negative experiences with the police in court. I am very relunctant to trust the police ever since, although I know not all policeman are bad...

Nice to hear all the opinions... I have tooooo much to loose to get caught evading the police or worse, dying in an accident running from the police. If I had nothing to loose, I probaby would run though.

Cloud

Pigging backing off gcal's ticket thread...

If you get caught doing 120, should you run? My understanding is here in CO, they can only chase you on a bike if you are a known felon; otherwise, they have to let you go as to not endaner the driver and those around him.. (haven't confirmed this rumor via my Popo though; never intended to run)
if they really want to catch u, they will because nothing is faster than the eyes or the radios. some people i know actually feel invincible because they have a fast car or a fast bike but that's a pretty lame reason to feel invincible. i would stop and take it like a man.

ive run ,will run again if possible aint been caught this way yet!to each his own i guess.ps get off the freegin hwy fast.

ive run ,will run again if possible aint been caught this way yet!to each his own i guess.ps get off the freegin hwy fast.
Well hiding isa different story. Hiding is good. If you can get off main and park it. I know a couple of gusy that did it in Florida. Rode the bikes right into the house as a Helicopeter went over. They did get away, but not sure if they had plates on the bikes.

That is a tough call. I was recently speeding (probably doing ~100), and got a warning for 88 in 55. I'm betting the ONLY reason I didn't get a ticket was because I pulled over IMMEDIATELY.

If I was traveling with a pack of people, depending on where I was in the pack, I might make a different choice.

If you run, you better run FAST and HARD! If you'd asked me this question 10 years ago (pre-house, pre-kid, pre-wife), I'm sure my answer would have been different.

Never run from the cops. You may be hit with jail time when/if caught instead of just paying a ticket. More importantly, a chase could end in a crash, which we all know is no fun on a bike.

Back