120MPH and Caught, do you run?

Mac Daddy,

I know not all agencies use them on MC's and not all supervisors (of the agencies that will use them) would approve their use. Phoenix PD used stix on a "failure to yield" bike on Camelback and Central several months ago also. Anytime an officer makes a request to use stop stix on a vehicle they need "Supervisor Approval". The bike that was being chased by MCSO eventually had DPS and Wickenburg PD involved in the pursuit. MCSO was the ONLY agency that gave the green light to use stop stix. The other agencies all gave very quick answers that they [Stop Stix] were NOT to be used on motorcycles. It's not all agencies and definitely not all officers that get a thrill out of watching a bike go down but there's always that one person that's still mad over being pushed in 4th grade! :-O

I just thought it was worth mentioning (for the benefit of the person that had to ask if they should run or stop) that it can and has happened and I'm sure it will not be the last time stix are used on MC's.

And YES... I got mine finally... I'm planning on doing the W. Steven Martin Police Charity Ride this Sunday, May 2nd from Phoenix to Wickenburg. Ya interested?

gcal, you're a genuine idiot. I'm not some teenager making up a Holllywood story about racing down the bunny trail on busas. Before you jump to your stupid conclusions, why don't you bother to get the details. The other guy on the busa racing with me is also a member of this site. I'll let him know what you said. Also, the 2 other guys riding behind us on the CBR600 and Triumph Sprint can back up the story, you jackass. It just so happens that we frequently ride up in the backlands of Alabama, where there are NO houses, cars, or people around. So YES, it is on occassion that we can haul ass up in those areas, like we did that day. Are you not aware that the Busa can do 190 mph with the restrictor eliminator? Seems to me like you ride your Busa with spandex pants, leg warmers, fuzzy balls dangling from your socks, and a feather in your helmet like the Peter Pan you are. Just about every Sunday, (provided there's good weather) there can be as much as 40+ sportbikes that meet up at Sonic for a ride. They/we frequently go up into these parts of Alabama where high speed occurrs. There's a lot of good riders, and the front of the pack is frequently doing 180+ in the straights and big sweepers. Be careful who talk to in this board. A lot of the guys have more experience than you do with your bobo in your hand. Go rent BikerBoys one more time, and hang another poster on your wall. Enjoy your movie, Peter Pan...
lurk.gif

I have heard that 100mph is the magic # for possible jail time but when i asked a local sherrif they said each situation is a judgement call for them.
rock.gif

gcal, you're a genuine idiot.  I'm not some teenager making up a Holllywood story about racing down the bunny trail on busas.  Before you jump to your stupid conclusions, why don't you bother to get the details.  The other guy on the busa racing with me is also a member of this site.  I'll let him know what you said.  Also, the 2 other guys riding behind us on the CBR600 and Triumph Sprint can back up the story, you jackass.  It just so happens that we frequently ride up in the backlands of Alabama, where there are NO houses, cars, or people around.  So YES, it is on occassion that we can haul ass up in those areas, like we did that day.  Are you not aware that the Busa can do 190 mph with the restrictor eliminator?  Seems to me like you ride your Busa with spandex pants, leg warmers, fuzzy balls dangling from your socks, and a feather in your helmet like the Peter Pan you are.  Just about every Sunday, (provided there's good weather) there can be as much as 40+ sportbikes that meet up at Sonic for a ride.  They/we frequently go up into these parts of Alabama where high speed occurrs.  There's a lot of good riders, and the front of the pack is frequently doing 180+ in the straights and big sweepers.  Be careful who talk to in this board.  A lot of the guys have more experience than you do with your bobo in your hand.  Go rent BikerBoys one more time, and hang another poster on your wall.  Enjoy your movie, Peter Pan...
lurk.gif
jump9.gif

I jumped all over the "using stopsticks to drop bikes" thing... but this one... I'm sitting back and staying out of it!
tounge.gif

gcal, you're a genuine idiot.  I'm not some teenager making up a Holllywood story about racing down the bunny trail on busas.  Before you jump to your stupid conclusions, why don't you bother to get the details.  The other guy on the busa racing with me is also a member of this site.  I'll let him know what you said.  Also, the 2 other guys riding behind us on the CBR600 and Triumph Sprint can back up the story, you jackass.  It just so happens that we frequently ride up in the backlands of Alabama, where there are NO houses, cars, or people around.  So YES, it is on occassion that we can haul ass up in those areas, like we did that day.  Are you not aware that the Busa can do 190 mph with the restrictor eliminator?  Seems to me like you ride your Busa with spandex pants, leg warmers, fuzzy balls dangling from your socks, and a feather in your helmet like the Peter Pan you are.  Just about every Sunday, (provided there's good weather) there can be as much as 40+ sportbikes that meet up at Sonic for a ride.  They/we frequently go up into these parts of Alabama where high speed occurrs.  There's a lot of good riders, and the front of the pack is frequently doing 180+ in the straights and big sweepers.  Be careful who talk to in this board.  A lot of the guys have more experience than you do with your bobo in your hand.  Go rent BikerBoys one more time, and hang another poster on your wall.  Enjoy your movie, Peter Pan...
lurk.gif
O..... Sounds like I hurt your feelings.
smile.gif

LOL
I was trying to be nice but it seems like that crack rock of a brain you got is not understanding what I'm saying....
You are missing the point by a mile or should i say 190 miles.
So go jump on your bike and do 190 in the sweepers with 600 cc bikes following you. I never knew a 600 can do 190 but hey I'm just a rookie so what ever. you from the back lands??? What are you mad max on a busa doing 190 miles an hour cause bad people are chasing you....lol....
smile.gif

Keep in mind I wasn't cursing at you and acting like a 10yr old so if I hurt your little feelings. TOO BAD!!
O..before i forget.....lol
Just remember "Keep the wheels down boyz!" LOL

What ever you do don't hurt my feelings.....LOL....

Fighting on a computer is like the special Olympics not matter what you say or who wins your still a retard...

smile.gif

O.....I almost forgot......
Rossi called and said he wants his lid back.....:laugh:

Next story your gonna tell us is that you are the ghost rider....lol:;):

Your killing me....:laugh:

Ride safe and keep your mind off my nuts...lOl... Your sister in the "backlands of Alabama" might get upset.....lol.....

I believe that using stop stix for a bike is simply WRONG. I understand that the rider must face the consequences for going 30 mph over the speed limit but busting tires at that speed is almost guaranteeing death. Remember, while the rider is going way too fast, he is, without other facts, a non-violent speeder refusing to pull over. Don't get me wrong, I am not advocating excessive speeding, and I do believe that police have a right to engage in high speed chases. I'm usually a pretty hardcore law and order guy. However, you don't shoot a fleeing shoplifter or "gas and go" thief. Why should a speeder be sentenced to death or serious injury.

Just to clarify something...  Stop Stix aren't designed to cause a "Blow Out". They are hollow steel spikes designed to stick in a tire and let the air out slowly while allowing for a controlled stop.  The problem is that on a bike they can be a disaster and all steering is lost.  They can sometimes cause blow outs if they are run over just right.  Not very common on cars but it can happen.  It's like taser guns, they are "supposed to" shock and incapacitate a person but on the day someone with pace maker or bad heart does something wrong and the stars are all in line ZAP your toast.

I agree that there needs to be a way of stopping someone in a vehicle when they have done something wrong. Like someone fleeing a murder or other serious crime. I don't think that speeding alone should warrant their use on a motorcycle. It's easy enough to get a plate on a vehicle and have someone waiting at the owners house without resorting to a shot first ask questions later attitude.

Just my opinion...

Wupatki

gcal,
Go back and read my 1st post. I never said the 600 was doing 190 with us. I said "2 buddies NOT RACING US, that STAYED BEHIND"...
There's a commercial that says, "Hooked on phonics worked for me!", but apparently not you, you illiterate pencil neck. Anyways, you didn't hurt my feelings at all. I'm not from Alabama either, so don't even try the Redneck jokes on me. We just happen to ride there, as we live in Florida. If you had a lick of sense, I'd keep discussing stuff in this post with you. But since you're not even remotely interesting, so I'm done with you. Next time you get passed by a busa doing 190, you can either throw out your damn stop sticks, or chase them for an autograph -- As they are probably filming Mad Max, or Biker Boyz 2. Good luck with yo bad self...
egitarre77.gif

O.....I almost forgot......
Rossi called and said he wants his lid back.....:laugh:

Next story your gonna tell us is that you are the ghost rider....lol:;):

Your killing me....:laugh:

Ride safe and keep your mind off my nuts...lOl... Your sister in the "backlands of Alabama" might get upset.....lol.....
jump9.gif

gcal,
Go back and read my 1st post.  I never said the 600 was doing 190 with us.  I said "2 buddies NOT RACING US, that STAYED BEHIND"...
There's a commercial that says, "Hooked on phonics worked for me!", but apparently not you, you illiterate pencil neck.  Anyways, you didn't hurt my feelings at all.  I'm not from Alabama either, so don't even try the Redneck jokes on me.  We just happen to ride there, as we live in Florida.  If you had a lick of sense, I'd keep discussing stuff in this post with you.  But since you're not even remotely interesting, so I'm done with you.  Next time you get passed by a busa doing 190, you can either throw out your damn stop sticks, or chase them for an autograph -- As they are probably filming Mad Max, or Biker Boyz 2.  Good luck with yo bad self...
egitarre77.gif
First the Sprint, rs or st which ever one it was, would of never been able to hang for any length of time cause the rs=93.6hp and 62lbs tourqe with top speed of 142mph and the st=99.8hp with 62 lbs tourqe and has a top speed of 148mph. O btw its a 955cc not a 600cc and its a heavy slow pig at 547 pounds. Which means if you were really doing 190 the other bikes would of had to be doing at least 170 to even keep you in site for any leangth of time. Your story don't jive.

Second off he wouldn't of even thought about chasing the busa's doing 190 he would of radioed ahead road assitance cause no busa can out run the radio. He would of also pulled a u trun and nailed your buddies for reckless, speedracing, speeding and what ever else he could of written'em up for. Chances are, if the story has any truth to it, the cop may have thought, should he instagate the prusit or wait for the meat wagon to scrape you off the road like the squid you are. Another thing the only people who buy into biker boyz stories like yours are the squids like yourself, us real bikers prefer movies like faster. "Faster" is a real movie about real people not make belive. Any way you probaly don't even know what I'm talking about.
As for my "Ed-u-ma-cation" At least I wasn't ed-u-ma-cated at Disney world or universal studios in orlando and the sun has not cooked my brain unlike the rock of crack in your head that has been smoldering since your birth. And further more Rossi said to tell you "put the crack down and step away from the pipe and give me my helmet back "....And yet another thing 19.0mph with tranning wheelies does not make 190.0mph so put the decimal point in the right place next time, you decimal junkie you.....

Bottom line is Rossi wants his helmet back.

KEEP IT REAL BIKER BOY!!!!,
Gcal

In reference to your dumb comment: <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>First the Sprint, rs or st which ever one it was, would of never been able to hang for any length of time cause the rs=93.6hp and 62lbs tourqe with top speed of 142mph and the st=99.8hp with 62 lbs tourqe and has a top speed of 148mph. O btw its a 955cc not a 600cc and its a heavy slow pig at 547 pounds</span></span>

gcal, let me tell you this one more time, since you are a very slow learner/reader. THE OTHER 2 BIKES WERE NOT RACING WITH US, THEREFORE THEY WERE NOT "TRYING TO KEEP UP" FOR ANYTHING. Why is this so hard for you to understand? They weren't having to do 170, or whatever, BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT RACING US!!!!!!!!!!!! We were on a long straight, and they were doing about 100 mph together. Me and the other busa, did a roll on at 100 mph, and hit 190 together passing the cop. THE OTHER 2 BIKES <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BEHIND US NOT RACING</span> could see us way up ahead in the distance. They saw the cop flash his lights as we rolled by him. They slowed down from their 100 mph to about 60, and as they drove up to the point of where we passed him, the cop was sitting in the road. And one other thing, read my post AGAIN, you F*****G idiot. I never said the sprint was a 600!! I SAID a CBR 600 AND a SPRINT ST. YES the sprint ST is a 955. But you had to try and put in your intellect of trying to correct me, when there was nothing to correct but your once again, illiterate character. Read the post again... 600 AND a sprint st. You are something else man... I don't really care if you believe me or not about the cop. He never made a u-turn for us. We both thought we were going to get nailed with an arrest, bike impounded, etc... but he never came for us. He was probably sitting in the road trying to radio in another cop to catch us up the road. Most likely, there WERE no cops up the road to corner us as he was trying. Who knows??... Fact is, we got REALLY lucky that day, and I haven't had it up that fast since. If he were to chase us, I would have pulled over. I'd never run from a cop. I've seen too many episodes of COPS, and the outcome is always the same. So, you don't have to believe me if you don't want. The facts are: the busa can do 190. Therefore, I can do 190. Stop telling me that I am trying to post stuff I see in the movies. You're acting like a damn idiot. And before you go blasting off on somebody, read the facts. You have gotten them wrong TWICE now. Read, Recite, Review my 1st post. They should have taught you this method in elementary school on how to retain knowledge you've just read. Stop acting like an idiot, and post something intellectual next time. It's never to late to learn to read. Good luck, whiner...

In reference to your dumb comment: <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>First the Sprint, rs or st which ever one it was, would of never been able to hang for any length of time cause the rs=93.6hp and 62lbs tourqe with top speed of 142mph and the st=99.8hp with 62 lbs tourqe and has a top speed of 148mph.  O btw its a 955cc not a 600cc and its a heavy slow pig at 547 pounds</span></span>

gcal, let me tell you this one more time, since you are a very slow learner/reader.  THE OTHER 2 BIKES WERE NOT RACING WITH US, THEREFORE THEY WERE NOT "TRYING TO KEEP UP" FOR ANYTHING.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  They weren't having to do 170, or whatever, BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT RACING US!!!!!!!!!!!!  We were on a long straight, and they were doing about 100 mph together.  Me and the other busa, did a roll on at 100 mph, and hit 190 together passing the cop.  THE OTHER 2 BIKES <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BEHIND US NOT RACING</span> could see us way up ahead in the distance.  They saw the cop flash his lights as we rolled by him.  They slowed down from their 100 mph to about 60, and as they drove up to the point of where we passed him, the cop was sitting in the road.  And one other thing, read my post AGAIN, you F*****G idiot.  I never said the sprint was a 600!!  I SAID a CBR 600 AND a SPRINT ST.  YES the sprint ST is a 955.  But you had to try and put in your intellect of trying to correct me, when there was nothing to correct but your once again, illiterate character.  Read the post again... 600 AND a sprint st.  You are something else man...  I don't really care if you believe me or not about the cop.  He never made a u-turn for us.  We both thought we were going to get nailed with an arrest, bike impounded, etc... but he never came for us.  He was probably sitting in the road trying to radio in another cop to catch us up the road.  Most likely, there WERE no cops up the road to corner us as he was trying.  Who knows??...  Fact is, we got REALLY lucky that day, and I haven't had it up that fast since.  If he were to chase us, I would have pulled over.  I'd never run from a cop.  I've seen too many episodes of COPS, and the outcome is always the same.  So, you don't have to believe me if you don't want.  The facts are: the busa can do 190.  Therefore, I can do 190.  Stop telling me that I am trying to post stuff I see in the movies.  You're acting like a damn idiot.  And before you go blasting off on somebody, read the facts.  You have gotten them wrong TWICE now.  Read, Recite, Review my 1st post.  They should have taught you this method in elementary school on how to retain knowledge you've just read.  Stop acting like an idiot, and post something intellectual next time.  It's never to late to learn to read.  Good luck, whiner...
OK buddy what ever you say just stay in the back lands and enjoy your small little life you decimal junkie you....lolol.....

Just remember to put the decimal in the right place next time. .

O and don't Forget.

Ya Aint Gotta Lie to Kick it Here....lol

Read and recite that.

And you still belive you were doing 190mph LOL
yea ok buddy you still look stupid sayin that each time you say it.

You have no idea how much distance it takes to hit that speed. Were you on a 3 mile straight road???

O btw a cops cannon on his dash ( the big round thing is a rader and it works accurately up to 1800 ft. Do the math and figure it out why your story dont make sense to anyone here.

What ever buddy..... just do me a favor and don't post on my topics when i post them (not saying this is mine) and I will not post on yours.

End of discussion.. ........

In reference to your dumb comment: <span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>First the Sprint, rs or st which ever one it was, would of never been able to hang for any length of time cause the rs=93.6hp and 62lbs tourqe with top speed of 142mph and the st=99.8hp with 62 lbs tourqe and has a top speed of 148mph.  O btw its a 955cc not a 600cc and its a heavy slow pig at 547 pounds</span></span>

gcal, let me tell you this one more time, since you are a very slow learner/reader.  THE OTHER 2 BIKES WERE NOT RACING WITH US, THEREFORE THEY WERE NOT "TRYING TO KEEP UP" FOR ANYTHING.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  They weren't having to do 170, or whatever, BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT RACING US!!!!!!!!!!!!  We were on a long straight, and they were doing about 100 mph together.  Me and the other busa, did a roll on at 100 mph, and hit 190 together passing the cop.  THE OTHER 2 BIKES <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>BEHIND US NOT RACING</span> could see us way up ahead in the distance.  They saw the cop flash his lights as we rolled by him.  They slowed down from their 100 mph to about 60, and as they drove up to the point of where we passed him, the cop was sitting in the road.  And one other thing, read my post AGAIN, you F*****G idiot.  I never said the sprint was a 600!!  I SAID a CBR 600 AND a SPRINT ST.  YES the sprint ST is a 955.  But you had to try and put in your intellect of trying to correct me, when there was nothing to correct but your once again, illiterate character.  Read the post again... 600 AND a sprint st.  You are something else man...  I don't really care if you believe me or not about the cop.  He never made a u-turn for us.  We both thought we were going to get nailed with an arrest, bike impounded, etc... but he never came for us.  He was probably sitting in the road trying to radio in another cop to catch us up the road.  Most likely, there WERE no cops up the road to corner us as he was trying.  Who knows??...  Fact is, we got REALLY lucky that day, and I haven't had it up that fast since.  If he were to chase us, I would have pulled over.  I'd never run from a cop.  I've seen too many episodes of COPS, and the outcome is always the same.  So, you don't have to believe me if you don't want.  The facts are: the busa can do 190.  Therefore, I can do 190.  Stop telling me that I am trying to post stuff I see in the movies.  You're acting like a damn idiot.  And before you go blasting off on somebody, read the facts.  You have gotten them wrong TWICE now.  Read, Recite, Review my 1st post.  They should have taught you this method in elementary school on how to retain knowledge you've just read.  Stop acting like an idiot, and post something intellectual next time.  It's never to late to learn to read.  Good luck, whiner...
OK buddy what ever you say just stay in the back lands and enjoy your small little life you decimal junkie you....lolol.....

Just remember to put the decimal in the right place next time. .

O and don't Forget.

Ya Aint Gotta Lie to Kick it Here....lol

Read and recite that.

And you still belive you were doing 190mph LOL
yea ok buddy you still look stupid sayin that each time you say it.

You have no idea how much distance it takes to hit that speed. Were you on a 3 mile straight road???

O btw a cops cannon on his dash ( the big round thing is a rader and it works accurately up to 1800 ft. Do the math and figure it out why your story dont make sense to anyone here.

What ever buddy..... just do me a favor and don't post on my topics when i post them (not saying this is mine) and I will not post on yours.

End of discussion.. ........
I am kind of agreeing with the gcal on this one... Things go by so fast at 190 that you passing a cop and damn near not killing yourself while doing it would be a miracle. If the cop would have moved in any way in front of you, you would have had no hope to recover...

I haven't been to 190 yet, but I have been to 160 and I couldn't imagine passing any car with two bikes beside each other at 160... that has to take some nutz (or maybe its just plan stupid; no offense meant to shamy)...

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083344100 -->

You both are right. Things do go by extremely fast at 190. But the Busa can do it, and I have done it many times. There are some really loong straights around here that some of us have hit at that speed. And gcal, if you are that much of an idiot in not believing the busa can do 190, then you need to some schooling. Actually, go to the "movies" section on the mainpage. There are several videos there of the Busa being clocked at 200 mph. So what is your frickin' deal dude??? There is an old airport access road (straight) that is not in use anymore around here. That is where a lot of the bikes around here will go to get their high speed runs on. Even went up against a stretched Busa there, with nitrous, and got my butt kicked. So if you can't comprehend a Busa being able to get top speed runs, then you obviously live in the wrong area, where you can't go that fast. Don't criticize others for being liars, just because you don't have any long straights in your area. As far as your comment on the 1800 foot radar detector, you're probably right. Noboby even knows if he was using the radar!?! But, going that fast and flying by him, you don't NEED a radar detector to know that we were speeding. It was soo fast, that me and the other guy racing didn't even know it was a cop until we looked in our rear mirrors and saw his lights flash. Then, it wasn't until our other buddies caught up to us later and said, "Dude, you passed a cop!". So...
You don't have to believe my story gcal. Your brain is narrow-minded anyway, so I don't expect you to comprehend. Here's the bottom line of proof for you: Bring your bike out here where I live. I'll take you to the straights, and I'll ride your busa past you at 190, pegged. You'll be amazed, and next thing you know you'll be posting a topic in this message board saying, "Holy cow, I didn't have the balls to do it myself, but I just saw a guy ride my busa passed me at 190 mph! He passed me like I was selling hot dogs on the corner! I'm a believer...!!!"
BTW, do you still think that the U.S.A landing on the moon was a hoax to, because you saw it done in a movie?

eyes.gif
race.gif

You both are right.  Things do go by extremely fast at 190.  But the Busa can do it, and I have done it many times.  There are some really loong straights around here that some of us have hit at that speed.  And gcal, if you are that much of an idiot in not believing the busa can do 190, then you need to some schooling.  Actually, go to the "movies" section on the mainpage.  There are several videos there of the Busa being clocked at 200 mph.  So what is your frickin' deal dude???  There is an old airport access road (straight) that is not in use anymore around here.  That is where a lot of the bikes around here will go to get their high speed runs on.  Even went up against a stretched Busa there, with nitrous, and got my butt kicked.  So if you can't comprehend a Busa being able to get top speed runs, then you obviously live in the wrong area, where you can't go that fast.  Don't criticize others for being liars, just because you don't have any long straights in your area.  As far as your comment on the 1800 foot radar detector, you're probably right.  Noboby even knows if he was using the radar!?!  But, going that fast and flying by him, you don't NEED a radar detector to know that we were speeding.  It was soo fast, that me and the other guy racing didn't even know it was a cop until we looked in our rear mirrors and saw his lights flash.  Then, it wasn't until our other buddies caught up to us later and said, "Dude, you passed a cop!".  So...
You don't have to believe my story gcal.  Your brain is narrow-minded anyway, so I don't expect you to comprehend.  Here's the bottom line of proof for you:  Bring your bike out here where I live.  I'll take you to the straights, and I'll ride your busa past you at 190, pegged.  You'll be amazed, and next thing you know you'll be posting a topic in this message board saying, "Holy cow, I didn't have the balls to do it myself, but I just saw a guy ride my busa passed me at 190 mph!  He passed me like I was selling hot dogs on the corner!  I'm a believer...!!!"
BTW, do you still think that the U.S.A landing on the moon was a hoax to, because you saw it done in a movie?

eyes.gif

race.gif
I don't think its a matter of people don't beleive the Busa can go 190... we all know it can. The question is, can you manuvere the bike at 190 effectively. The answer to this question is "no." You are covering too much ground way to quickly to truly be in control...

If you were going 190, that means you had plenty of straight away to see the cop or car in front of you... Anyone with a little bit of wit at the time would have slown WAY down when the saw the car in the distance...There are not many of us motorcylcist that will trust our lives with a cager making good decsisions after I am passing him at 190...
smile.gif

Cloud

Back