What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Can you use a spring compressor like what you'd use on a car? If so, you can rent them at O'Reilly's or AutoZone etc.
No go like Miguel stated & to make it worse everything you can buy on Ebay or Amazon etc. are for light duty spring rates of up to 8 or less and most will not list this so one could easily be throwing $ away on tools that seem like they would work including the not cheap hand presses. Going to have to pony up or strap it & roll the dice.

No. The shock body is too close to the spring and coils are too close to each other already. I have a set of those you are thinking about and they don’t fit. :-/ these are the ones that are needed. They have two small “claws”.

View attachment 1596923
These will not work unless on a light ATV spring I had the same thought. When you read up on reviews and description it becomes clear they are pretty useless at best.

Installed schnitz quick turn throttle, unfortunately was a little cold to test ride by the time I was done. However I did notice once everything was on and buttoned up it left me with a decent sized gap between the bar end and the throttle grip. Had anyone else that's done this mod had this issue??
Can't remember but think i worked the grip outward some, bit of a fight but not to bad. Pry with thin flathead can use some windex to get moving & it dries quickly. This is how mine ended up.

20190204_152952.jpg

These rear sets are throwing a wrench in to this mod. I cut the kick stand in to pieces and gonna have it welded back up to shorten and have the angle I need. Sadly I’m only happy if I’m modding my busa.
I went through a very similar scenario my work around was much less creative. I changed over to a billet stand and cleared them.
Can’t wait to see how you pulled this off lol

81647EAF-09E4-4A44-ACA6-F0C2DEE53245.jpeg

475D840A-81E2-4FDA-B18C-D0D2EB15D2CC.jpeg

Can't remember but think i worked the grip outward some, bit of a fight but not to bad. Pry with thin flathead can use some windex to get moving & it dries quickly. This is how mine ended up.

View attachment 1596964
Thank you sir,I wanted to make sure it wasn't something I did wrong. I found a video and a couple pics but it seemed like everyone had the throttlemeisters and that helped some. Think I'll pull the bar out and make the alignment hole a little wider so I can slide the whole assembly closer.

Back