ZX-14 is the FASTEST ????

Its way more comfortable than the Busa, if I rode more than 100 miles on my Busa it was agony, the B King I can do a 200 mile trip and still feel as fresh as when I set out, and it will stay in front of any production bike up to 170mph, it does look a big lump, but once on the move its as easy to ride as any sports bike, the standard pipes makes it look weird, but you can change them, and the big side pods on the front give it great wind protection, up to 100mph it gives as much wind protection as any other bike,if you click on link below, you will see what you can do on a B King, and after watching that,take a look on my Fav,about 11 now,shows a few B Kings. Click Link

YouTube - keithvmx1200's Channel
Regards Keith
While you are on there take a look at vid of my bike, Transformer Suzuki 1340 B King, got a scarey look to the front,but stops the kids messing with it when its parked up, and the dual twin ovals on the rear is all other bikers get to see on the road, remember its got the 08 Busa engine, just been tuned for more low down power and torque, and at the moment most dealers are almost giving them away, all I can say is if you have a demo ride on one, you will come back with a grin on your face, and you will want one, it looks a big bike, but I am only 5ft 6in and weigh 11st and I manage it ok.

What are the things that make it more comfortable? To make a busa comfy, you have to put different pegs on, put a riser for the handle bars on (and extend all the cables, etc), and you probably want a different seat.

Are you in a slightly more cruiser position? If you think about it, how many roads can you do at 170? I wish I had had an opportunity to see a B-King when I bought my 05 busa. They didn't exist then.

You mean I would have to slow down to 170 to see your BK? Not a problem. I can do that on less than 85% throttle without the chili. :laugh:
Keep in mind that this dude lives in the UK. It's all relative. Bikes are slower there. 14 vs Busa is 100% rider when it comes to performance, 100% owner when it comes to comfort. A B-King motor is a busa motor "retuned for torque" which is manufacturer lingo for "choked to death". we know which would win, stock for stock and mod for mod.

Plus, Jason Britton is a b!tch. Acting like he don't know who Wink 1100 is. Only the guy who made it possible for him to earn a living.......

I thought the ZX-14 was the fastest till the Gen 2 evened up the displacement???

Not really sure myself.... bikes are so close I would think the rider made the difference at the track or the strip...??? But the kawi is still uglier Jason if you fix that you may have something there to motivate the Busa owners over:laugh:

FYI... If Kawi gives me a free bike an check every month I will switch over.... and ride my Busa in disguise out the backyard:rofl:

Last edited:
Wow! A pissing contest, and I don't even know who the contestants are.

Seriously, just the one question: Why is a B-King so much more comfortable than a Busa. I like my Busa, but it is a real pain in the hips, back, you name it.
I have to arch my back to keep my hands from getting numb. I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something easier to ride.

The B-King is a more upright riding position. It's targeted at the street fighter market. The Busa is made for pure speed, and do it comfortably for a hyperbike.

Why bother, My Gen 1 Busa has busted up more ZX-14s then I can count. Heck my buddy raced a ZX-14 a week ago on his R1 and pulled up 5 bikes lenghts on him before the ZX-14 rider gave up. This was a roll on race starting at 70MPH.

ZX-14 had:
-----------
Full Brocks Alien-shortie
PCIII
BMC Air Filter
Lowered but not stretched

R1 had:
--------
K&N air filter
GTY-R full exhaust
PCIII
Graves velocity stacks
Stock height and not stretched

MR Brown I think you are getting us Brits muddled up with the French, they are restricted to 100bhp no matter what bike it is, and our bikes are are not restricted in any way, we dont even have those emmision cans on our bikes like they do in some States, I have owned the Busa, and the 2008 ZX1400, I exchanged my ZX to get the B King, and off the line together with a Busa I would leave it way behind, it would be only when I reached my max speed 170mph that the Busa might start to catch up, and as you say where can you do 170mph, so the Busa in real life will not be able to pass me, and many have tried, inc mates I rode with when I had the Busa, believe me the B King handle's even in the twisties, and it is so comfortable, prob because higher bars, and a sit up riding position, go get a demo ride on a B King then you will know what I am talking about, there are many ex Busa riders on the B king site I use, and it was only when they rode the B King, did they realise how good it is, as they say dont knock it till you try it, and as for the Busa Kawa debate, the updated 2008 Kawa with more power, will beat the Busa, but I think the Busa looks better, and handles better in the twisties.:thumbsup:
Regards Keith UK

Last edited:
Keep in mind that this dude lives in the UK. It's all relative. Bikes are slower there. 14 vs Busa is 100% rider when it comes to performance, 100% owner when it comes to comfort. A B-King motor is a busa motor "retuned for torque" which is manufacturer lingo for "choked to death". we know which would win, stock for stock and mod for mod.
MR Brown
Retuned for torque dont mean choked to death, the B King has the Busa 2008 engine, and it is tuned, and geared for more low down power and acceleration,
thats why the B King will only reach 170mph compared to the Busa's 186mph, so that is why it will leave the Busa behind off the line all the way up to its max speed of 170mph, and thats on the flat, if there is a hill involved, then because of its torque, the king has even more of a advantage.:beerchug:
Regards Keith UK

Last edited:
I got to meet Jason in person, and I will just say he is a first class good guy! (For a Kawi rider) :poke:

Keith, you can say what you like, a B-king is SLOWER than a Busa for a variety of reasons. Every test of them that has been published says so, and while I'm sure your bike is quick, it could have something to do with the fact that you are a small guy. Head to head weight for weight the BK loses EVERY time.0-whatever. 14 vs Gen 2 is rider ability, they are for all intents and purposes equal. When I said bikes are slower in the UK I was basing it on published E.T and MPH reports from the Straightliners series over there. (I subscribe to Streetfighters mag) the times that win events over there would barely qualify over here. When manufacturers "re-tune for torque" they take away from the top end of the bike with smaller cams and exhaust, and re-map the FI to suit. The motor cannot breathe up top, hence it is choked.
I'm glad you enjoy your bike, I would like a BK for a second bike. I think they're cool.

Mr Brown
I think we will have to agree to disagree, I have not heard of straightliners over here, and streetfighters is a low volume mag, and if I remember corectly is mostly about chopped bikes ,and bikes that has been worked on, still I dont think we will get to agree on anything except its great to ride a bike whatever make it is, but there are a few ex Busa owners on this site, you could ask them why they changed to the B King, I know a few could not get used to the ride position on the Busa, drop in and have a chat.
SuzukiB-King.org
Regards Keith UK:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Aowash,never had a problem with a Gen 1 busa with my 14.The gen 2 is faster so its more of race,and comes down to the rider. And people forget how fast the liter bikes are,and that you need some realastate to run them down if they get a jump on you.Just my 2 cents. Cheers

Can we stop this pissing contest now. GenII is the fastest:laugh:, ZX14 is ugly,:moderator: litre bikes is not stable on top end!!:corner: wanted not to post on this but anger got the better of me:deadhorse: if you want something comfy drive your double bed:firing:

Back