Found this on the 14 site

Youkai

Registered
Comparo

First actual comparison of the bikes I have seen. I also know this is the ZZR-1400 not the ZX-14. Wonder how much the differences are? Pretty close from what I could get.

So, the BUSA is still king according to the japs
cool.gif

LOOK AT THE DYNO. Huge drop on torue #'s for the 14 from 2.5k-4.5k RPM's.

I like the side-by-side pictures ... now you can see how much more refined the look of the Busa is compared to the ZX.

This is like one of those Sci-Fi pic's from the 70's. The invader attempts to take over Godzillas turf and lo and behold the lil fella winds up scampering home to Mama with whats left of his now singed tail between his legs. Godzillas standing there with that "is that all you got" look on his face. Another A$$ kicked another name taken....Next.

As I said before, the ZX-14 leaves me with the impression of: "Is that all?"

(Hayabusa's were made from inspiration...The ZX-14 was just a move to win the speedwars.)

But having said that, why is the HAYABUSA STILL FASTER according to Japanese tests?

For me: You have to love motorcycles to understand this point, and Hayabusa's come from that place that cannot be quantified by top speed, or torque...even though, at this point, Busa's still seem to have an edge from their 99' days - advancing beyong their 06 Kawasaki contemporary.

SteelHead

I'm sure he's lurking and he knows who he is. Hey fella ... didn't you say the Busa wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the ZX-14? Didn't we respond by telling you to shut up and sit down until someone can get their hands on both bikes and run 'em?

Well I guess you was partially right. The Busa didn't hold a candle to it ... it held a torch!
AAAssjani.gif

Did anyone notice how the 14's power plummits after 9000RPM? I doubt an unrestricted one would top an unrestricted Busa ...

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148553020 -->

The Busa is sort of like Godzilla, isn't it?
rock.gif
I mean that in a loving way too.
In the movie "Oh Godzilla", translate to the street - " Oh No there's a Busa"

cool.gif
laugh.gif

I have great admiration for Americans and their ability to innovate and come up with fantastically original ideas. The beauty of America is in its diversity of cultures and minds. This plurality of people, united in the guiding light of freedom (American constitution), is one of the many reasons why it is a country respected throughout the world. I admire the great founding fathers and its subsequent leaders: Jefferson, Franklin, Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Kennedy (to name a few).

With regards to the Hayabusa, and why it wasn't made in America, that is an economics lesson.

Something also has to be said about the smoothness of the powerband the Busa has compared to that of the 14. The 14 seems to be a rollercoaster ride

"That dyno chart really highlights the 14's engineered torque dip below 5k. I'm grateful that Kawi included that feature so that I won't hurt myself "

ices_rofl.gif

Back