You All Be Nice to the ZX-14 Guys...

Damn !!!!!! I have a red zx14 and i think it looks ok....But that white zx14 is Crap!!! Kawi what the hell happened? Do you guys get loss and end up at Pimp My Ride???
One thing for sure you should be able to get on of the white turds real cheap because they will have lots of them left over on dealer show rooms ....
ices_rofl.gif

(Revlis @ Sep. 25 2006,19:41) THe NEW GTR1400 though, ( I think that's it) is Awesome looking.... Built to replace the Concours...
+1 on the GTR1400. I really wish Suzuki would get off there rears and get into this market! Bikes like this are pushing performance up to the point of being able to spank true sport bikes and still haul groceries! Just a matter of time before Ducati does a Testastretta 1100 version of their ST too!

The tourer looks a helluva lot better than the friggin' concours though!

Believe it or not, i like it. But then again i'm insane.
jump9.gif

Seriously the bike is aimed for the "Custom sportbike" trend that's been kicking up now. Hell on one of the 14 boards they said it was probably made to lure the BUSA Guys so swallow that.
poke.gif
laugh.gif

I remember these same type of remarks on r1 and blackbird boards years back when pics of the copper hayabusa just started floating around. Even i called it ugly. Now me and quite a few others who naysayed back in '99 are busa owners and in my case, i WISH i had a '99 copper. Have yet to meet another brand rider to call my bike ugly. Betting most of the people here whoever meet a rider with one of these white 14's will be saying "nice bike" instead of some of the comments posted here. It's funny how opinions change when the talking isn't on a keyboard.
tounge.gif

Besides seeing something in person can really be a contrast as to just photo's. Big difference was made on me when I first met a Parked Hayabusa in person.
cool.gif

(Revlis @ Sep. 25 2006,21:41) Well it look slike they were going for a look and just missed. The New ZX10 Also has a Flame job option but on Black it at least works OK.

I just find it funny that Kawisaki Went outta their way to highlight what is probably the most odd thing onthe bike.

SERIOUSLY THOUGH... Be Kind to Kawi's and ZX14 owners for a few weeks...

This has gotta be Blow...
SHOCKED.gif

THe NEW GTR1400 though, ( I think that's it) is Awesome looking.... Built to replace the Concours...
Now THAT is an awesome touring bike. Can you just IMAGINE the look on an Electra-Glide owners face if he test-rode one of these monsters?!?
laugh.gif

It's not the Winnebago comfort of a Wing, but can you imagine stretching her legs on a stretch of speed unlimited road in Utah?? Can you say cross the state at 150!
super.gif

I happen to think the copper Busa is ugly... just like I think that white flame 14 is ugly!

I'm happy with my bike right now... til the 08 Busa (if it's an upgrade).

dam...poor Kawi owners, or soon-to-be owners...wel, that's what happens when you let guys who design a bike with a foreman grill on the side "spice things up a bit"
all_coholic.gif

George Foreman grills suck the taste and grease out of burgers... leaving them hard and lifeless... Oh, that sounds like a deer that was just waxed by an 18-wheeler!!!

guns.gif

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Sep. 25 2006,21:40) Believe it or not, i like it. But then again i'm insane.  
jump9.gif

Seriously the bike is aimed for the "Custom sportbike" trend that's been kicking up now. Hell on one of the 14 boards they said it was probably made to lure the BUSA Guys so swallow that.  
poke.gif

laugh.gif

I remember these same type of remarks on r1 and blackbird boards years back when pics of the copper hayabusa just started floating around. Even i called it ugly. Now me and quite a few others who naysayed back in '99 are busa owners and in my case, i WISH i had a '99 copper. Have yet to meet another brand rider to call my bike ugly. Betting most of the people here whoever meet a rider with one of these white 14's will be saying "nice bike" instead of some of the comments posted here. It's funny how opinions change when the talking isn't on a keyboard.  
tounge.gif

Besides seeing something in person can really be a contrast as to just photo's. Big difference was made on me when I first met a Parked Hayabusa in person.  
cool.gif
I agree with you..

I must admit, the first time I saw the Haybusa, I thought it was pretty ugly.. However, it wasn't quite as ugly after I rode one.. The same goes for the ZX-14. In the beginning, I didn't really care for the looks.. Now, it doesn't look so bad.

Regarding the pics of the 14 with the flames.. I still maintain that paint job does the bike a disservice. Kawi could've delivered a better paint job than that!

That white flamejob will be a bizznitch to touch-up when a new Kawi owner drops it!!!!

Just how our mixed color Busas are!!!! LOL!

On 2nd thought... maybe I should have waited for the all black 07!!!!

(hindsight is 20/20)

Yeah I understand the WHOLE "It's New and Ugly" thing. Sure, the ZX14 though is sorta Specially challenged from a couple angles, then to splatter this "Huffy Dirt Bike" Flame Design all over it is just sad.

It's like they did some Polling and some Market research and got a couple a vindictive Hayabusa owners in the pool who encouraged this sort of horrific "Tape" scheme...

The Black looks great, the Other colors are OK... BUT this is sort of an insult.

If this was designed to LURE ANYONE to the ZX14 I feel even MORE sorry for current ZX14 Owners...

Back