ZX-14 vs Busa - in a roll, which of the top guns takes the 'W' - 2 part

I think the guy on the busa was just a better rider. The 14 is lighter(bike only) and was up 31hp. even with the weight difference I wouldn't think the busa would have pulled like it did.

They are BOTH bad azz machines !!!!!! The Hayabusa is just plain sexy !!! :super:

The first guy on the zx-14 wasn't wearing leathers. His clothes were billowing, creating a lot of drag.I've seen big differences between wearing tight leathers and a fabric winter jacket.

I grant you that drag would have some effect. However, this is a bit too big a difference to be accounting for.

Fatty Fatty 2X4. You don't have to buy a 14, just don't be a fat ass!!

You can see that the lighter guy was shifting higher and faster than tubby, so it might be more than bike and rider weight. He was also in a tuck of sorts. Fatty can't tuck b/c of his gut.

Why wasn't the weight challenged fella wearing leathers doing a high speed run?? What an indiot.

Last edited:
so why did they have to gear the MooMoo down? that "tooth down" on the front could be an issue in any race..

Fat or slim...right rpm or not...good rider or bad...win or lose...The Hayabusa put in a good showing against a formidable opponent.

06,07 zx14 stock is not strong in low rpm because of the way kawi set it up, it will really come alive after 6k rpm. alot of people including myself took off the secondary butterfly to make it better in low rpm and it paid off.

:popcorn:

"Professional riders, closed course, don't do this at home..." what a joke

And the bikes...one has exhaust and the other is geared...WTF

You should take two COMPLETELY stock bikes...make several passes, then swap riders and do it again.

where did they come up with HP on Busa,a little low if you asl me

either way, 1st race the 14 rider didnt even get into a full tuck and had alot more left on the throttle (rider won that one)
3rd race looked like the 14 got the jump and then there was no catching it after that.

2nd race really couldnt tell anything but looked like the busa won

not overly impressed with any of it to be honest???

Back