Yesterday WORST DAY of my life....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I'll try and make this short....
Since today is Fathers day the ex offered to let me pick my little boy up on Saturday and have him stay the night. I couldn't wait so I called her back and asked if I could come and pick him up. She said you bet. They had just got home themselves from the store and my son was outside bringing grocerys in for his mom. I show up within two minutes of our conversation and knock on the door. The ex lets me in and we have a little dialog while I wait for my son to get ready. A couple of minutes go by and I didn't see my son come out of his room. His mom goes to check on him and comes back out calling his name. She says to me "He's not in there, did he come by here?". Which seems odd cause I haven't seen him since we got there. Figuring he's probably downstairs we decide to look for him together. We check everyroom in the house no little boy anywhere! We come outside and look around the yard. First the front, then the back and even in the shed. No little boy! Not shaken yet, I ask her to repeat what exactly happened when she got home with the children. She repeats everyone hauled an item in from the vehicle and my son went back out to get a twelve pack of coke. We all run to the vehicle and see if the coke is still there..... NO COKE and my little boy is still missing. I ask which neighbors would my son play with. She points the homes out and we each pick a house to go and check. Hollaring his name and knocking/beating on some of the neighbors doors we all come back empty handed... Depression starts to set in, I immediately call 911 (Police)... I explain to the operator how I can't find my little boy and how he's very bright/intelligent and would never Just wander off. It's been well over twenty minutes and my son is still missing. My heart races, my body is numb and my mind wonders to visions and places oft left to the sick individual who would have my son. This is now a full scale search for a missing little boy. The Fire Dept has shown up along with several volunteers. Together with the Police Dept we begin a house to house, block to block search. His mother and I are now officially an emotional wreck, time is of the utmost importance. Its the one commodity we have no power over, each second off the clock is an eternity. I begin to pray asking for anything but this. Take my life and not his... You just never know how this will effect you until your the one living it. Forty minutes had past and a Police supv was on his way to discuss issuing an "Amber Alert"! As parents I knew this would be the last chance we'd have to catch this sicko... All the while I'd had hope but as time passed by I started to feel like there was no hope and all was lost. Blaming myself for not getting there sooner, wondering what I could have done to prevent this, etc... My mind had seen the dark side, it was the first time in my life where I knew if they found the person responsible for this that I would be going to prison for the rest of my life. No question about it, there fate had been sealed when they chose my son. What I would have give to back time up! Forty-five minutes had now passed with no sign of my little boy. The Police had decided to have all the volunteers meet back up in front of the house to discuss our next strategy. When everyone had gathered some new officers had arrived and immediately started knocking on the houses we'd already been to a hundred times..... I couldn't bare to watch, plus we were trying to gather the info they would need for the Amber Alert! In my panic I had already called a couple of local radio stations begging them to broadcast something! But, my plees fell on deaf ears. My whole world seemed to implode and I just collasped in the front yard. I was destroyed emotionally, phyiscally drained, and bleeding from an injury I recieved while hopping a fence early on looking for my boy..... Then just as quickly as the whole thing started it would end! The entire group heard one of the Police officers shout "Over here". I looked up from my knees and saw the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen in my life.... My Little Boy was Alive! The rest of the story is now a blurr, but you can imagine how I felt. There were alot of emotions released at that very moment. Some words of anger, some words of joy, but most of all thanks to everyone who had helped with the search. I now know my son had left without permission to go to a neighbors house and play video games in the basement. No parents home, just the kids who never heard anything that is til the late arriving officers re-rang the doorbell. We probably rang that same bell a hundred times and never got a response. My thanks goes out to the community where I live, the local Police and Fire Dept's and of course the neighbors who lent a hand in our time of crisis........

This really gives you an understanding of what's important in life!

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119233559 -->

Damn bro, I am glad everything worked out ok. Very nice write up, I think you summed it up pretty well.

Wow, thankfully that story had a happy ending. I counldt imagine how i would feel if my little girl was gone for that long.

Gripping story and with a good ending, not the norm anymore. Glad to hear all is OK for you and your Son.

Happy Fathers Day !

Thanks guys, I can still feel the effects/toll on my body almost twenty-four hours later! In fact my eyes still hurt and my voice is just starting to come back.....

Have a happy Fathers Day KS. I know I am going to take the time to enjoy my Fathers Day a little more now.

sad.gif
smile.gif
whew....

Glad they found your son. Definately time to relax after all that, Happy Faher's Day!

Glad to hear it all worked out.
beerchug.gif
Enjoy your father's day with your son.
cool.gif

Glad it all worked out good. You can imagine how all these parents feel when there is no happy ending. Why do we hear of all these child molesters out on the street these days? Why aren't they dead or being gang raped daily in prison? Pisses me off.
mad.gif

Glad to hear your story had a happy ending. I'd be the same as you if someone ever took my boy, definitely would be going to jail for something. I just couldn't imagine being in that situation. Happy Father's Day to all.
smile.gif

Dam ks my heart dropped for you while reading that. I sit back now and think about if i was in your sitiatuion im sure i wouldnt of reacted as calmly. Im glad in the end your son was just at a friends house and the unmenchanable didnt happin to you.

rider out,
Chris

Wow. With everything in the news lately, I am relieved for you! Too bad not all of the stories that start out like yours did have a happy ending. Happy Father's day. relax - you need it!

Wow! That must have been hell. Thanks God everything turned out good. Happy Fathers day

Thanks to everyone... Again, I'm still feeling the ill effects this had on me a full day later! Really puts a new outlook on life. Put me at the top of the voluteer list for anyone who had ever experienced this. I'll be there to help in anyway I can.........

Back