Yesterday WORST DAY of my life....

Glad everything worked out OK. You had me scaired there for a minute. Do not know how I would react in that situation, and I hope I never do.

Dude I feel for you! Same thing has happened with my son and daughter, but did not last as long as your ordeal. Glad all is ok!

Damn, bug....I got knots in my gut reading that....something happening to my wife and kids is the one thing that scares the crap out of me. Glad it ended well for you.

I'm glad it turned out good.
smile.gif
  I think I'd ground him till he truned 18! (okay, not quite that long) I was reliving the fears from a recent incident like your story.

I've had talks with my boys about things like that.  It sure sucks to go through it.

One of my boys went missing on his way home from school last year.  He rides the bus to and from school.  He didn't show up at home by 5PM.  He usually gets there by 3:30PM.  My wife called me at work to tell me he didn't come home, and the school wasn't answering the phone.  She called the bus dispatcher, and they said he wasn't on the bus today.  I left work to go to his school.  I told my wife to call the police if he didn't show by the time I called her back.  I searched around the school for someone that worked there.  They said he left on the bus at 3PM.  I told her to call the police, and I headed home to get a gun.  I was ready to kill anyone that was responsible!

My boy apeared at home about 6PM.  3hrs after he left the school for a 20 min ride!  He said he was on the bus.  Some kids on the bus got into a fight and the bus driver had to stop and get them to stop.  He also said the bus got to the school really late.  He said the bus left the school after 4:30PM.  We checked everything he out, and he was telling us the truth.  Next school year I'm getting him a phone that can only call and receive calls from a restricked list.  That way I can find out where he's at, and he can call if he's going to be late.

It took a few days to get over the stress.  
mad.gif

Kids.  Who'd have em?

God Speed.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119366982 -->

Wow, I felt sick in my stomach while reading this story. In fact I NEVER thought I would shed a tear while reading something on busa.org. What a wake-up call!!
I am not a "holy person" by any means, but after reading this story I just tossed out a simple prayer out for the families that never find their missing little ones. Don't take anything forgranted!

Happy Fathers Day my fellow rider, be sure to get extra hugs from the boy, what better way to recharge the heart!

Chris

Never thought this would touch anyone but I'm glad it did.... Tru, having just went through this I can only imagine your pain! And again to everyone... Thanks for the kind words and prayers. Ks

Back