Worst Vacation of My Life!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your "vacation".
sad.gif
Hang in there...hopefully things will get better. Sounds like a typical day at my house
laugh.gif

Where were you during Hugo? I was in Charleston then, but we evacuated to Columbia...even though the dam thing just followed I-26 straight into us anyway.

BTW: Beautiful pics
cool.gif
I love tigers, and that one shot is awesome
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear about your "vacation".
sad.gif
 Hang in there...hopefully things will get better.  Sounds like a typical day at my house
laugh.gif

Where were you during Hugo?  I was in Charleston then, but we evacuated to Columbia...even though the dam thing just followed I-26 straight into us anyway.

BTW:  Beautiful pics
cool.gif
 I love tigers, and that one shot is awesome
beerchug.gif
I was in Columbia. I was at Ft. Jackson. We locked down the base for the night. I was on Fireguard from 8PM until 8AM the next day. I remember watching the windows flex like they were breathing. A few of the windows cracked, and others blew out. A maple tree that we had behind our building was broken off about 3ft from the ground. We never found the top of the tree. We went out the next day to help secure Columbia, and assist with cleanup from Hugo's wrath.

It was very humbling to see how powerful nature can be!

i was at ft.jackson in '91
Cool!  What unit?  I was in the 63B training company.  By '91 I had moved to Bamburg Germany.  I was there when the Berlin wall came down.  I even went to Berlin 2 weeks after Checkpoint Charlie was opened for free passage.  
cool.gif
A3-28 3rd platoon  
laugh.gif
Two words: "Tank Hill"
laugh.gif

I'll have to check my service records. I think I was in the A3-26 3rd platoon during Basic in '89.

Small world.

laugh.gif

Nice pics in the links
cool.gif

I remember driving back to Charleston the morning after Hugo. It was fine until I passed by the Nat'l Gaurd clearing the roads. We were on our own after that. As you said...It was very humbling to see the power of Mother Nature.

Back