Why the Harley hatin?

Why do people think that when you make fun of something that your talking about 100% of the people with it.  I know that there's good guys riding HD's.  Heck, i have some good friends that ride softails.  They're way misguided about bikes, but decent people none the less.  

The fact is that your on an import sportbike forum and talking about the "other guys".  No matter what will be said there's gonna be some differences  between the two groups. If you came to the bash and your Busa broke and you had to bring your HD instead. Us guys would treat you normally, it wouldn't be a big deal.

I don't dislike HD motorcycles, i dislike the attitude that alot of the owners have towards ANY other brand. It's usually the same old crap that basicly boils down to "I paid more for my bike so that makes it automaticly better".  Then they boast of how much better HD's are than all the other brands, yet if you ask them  what other bikes they've ridden most say they havent ever tried another brand.   I've found that most of the guys that tell how they switched from a "crappy sportbike" to a HD forget to mention that the sportbike in question was an early model sportbike like a late 80's - early 90's bike.  I try to explain to them how the sportbikes have improved drasticly, but alot of them cannot comprehend  it.  It's one thing to buy a certain style bike and find that it's not your thing, but don't bash it because you changed your mind and are trying to justify you new purchase.   Then i always get the BS of extreme riding position and it's not for riding, just racing. You should see the look on their faces when i tell them that my Busa is better on my lower back than any of the HD cruisers i've ridden.  There's been a few older HD guys that have sat on my lowered busa and came to find out that the seating position isn't as bad as they've heard for years.
It's like a whole world of motorcycles just opened up in their eyes.

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 11 2007,14:41)
(hayadooin @ Apr. 11 2007,10:14) What's all the hoopla about. I own a softail duece and when I joined this board I was greeted by open arms by everyone here. I haven't even found my Busa yet. But with that being said my I don't take things that people say personal unless it is directed at me, and I try to respect everyone on two wheels no matter what they ride. We all have one thing in common in that we love riding on two wheels.      
beerchug.gif
You have a softaiil and dont even own a BUSA!! what the he11 are you doing on my board!!!!

j/k  give me a big hug you  
biggrin.gif
LoL @ Thrasher..... I'm still looking for my Busa. I'm very picky and am looking for a 2004 Black and Purple you know (the fastest color).... Just haven't found it yet. But as I said before everyone here is great and friendly... SO Hugs Back at ya you big lug........

to be honest i may do a bit of harley hating..... it is nothing personal to anyone who rides them, i just cant understand why any one would. I have alot of family that ride hd and a few friends also.... most of which are good people. If i actually counted i bet i know more scumbags that ride import bikes. BUT imo harley davidson makes a very poor product and charges a small fortune for it---not cool!! If you look back about 20 years it was the average working joe that payed the bills for HD, but now you about have to be a doctor to purchase one......not cool! I guess what bothers me most about HD is the fact that it is American made--just seems to make it all worse-- i would love to be proud of our American made product, but im not. I know we as Americans can build a better bike but for some reason we dont ...kinda bums me out really. As far as the "its a cruiser" arguement, its lame cruiser pure and simple. I think the v-rod shows some promise but didnt the germans design the engine? I challenge any HD rider to throw a leg over a honda vtx or suzuki m109 for a few miles and honestly say the "jap bike" dont hold its own--- i wont get into the HUGE price difference. Americans work hard for their money and deserve an American made bike that they can be proud of and afford.
Again nothing personal to people who buy them, in fact kudos to them for keeping American in a job. rant over
beerchug.gif

Pick up a few of those so called American parts sometime. They are made in China.

I used to do this on a daily basis selling HD.

Yep , Ive told my hd friends my bike was made in japan. And my harley was made in the usa and mexico and china and canada. ATT. TurboTorch please feel free to copy and paste everything I wrote on the srt forum. That was a direct personal attack. Neons are bottom line rental cars strapping a turbo on it and a body kit to imitate a viper front end doesnt make it cool or fast for that matter. What I said was If your a proud owner puffed up neon your probobly a F@g and to take the p3nu$ out of you mouth and listen up. The side bar comment on his auto was the least of my statement. Any body starts talking about running cycleist of the road and you will bring the evil out of me real fast.
firedevil.gif
What that victim to be drives is a moot point. Feel free to quote me just get my words right and dont paraphrase.

(lot boy @ Apr. 12 2007,02:44) to be honest i may do a bit of harley hating.....  it is nothing personal to anyone who rides them, i just cant understand why any one would. I have alot of family that ride hd and a few friends also.... most of which are good people.   If i actually counted i bet i know more scumbags that ride import bikes. BUT imo harley davidson makes a very poor product and charges a small fortune for it---not cool!!  If you look back about 20 years it was the average working joe that payed the bills for HD, but now you about have to be a doctor to purchase one......not cool!  I guess what bothers me most about HD is the fact that it is American made--just seems to make it all worse--  i would love to be proud of our American made product, but im not. I know we as Americans can build a better bike but for some reason we dont ...kinda bums me out really.  As far as the "its a cruiser" arguement, its lame cruiser pure and simple. I think the v-rod shows some promise but didnt the germans design the engine?  I challenge any HD rider to throw a leg over a honda vtx or suzuki m109 for a few miles and honestly say the "jap bike" dont hold its own--- i wont get into the HUGE price difference. Americans work hard for their money and deserve an American made bike that they can be proud of and afford.
 Again nothing personal to people who buy them, in fact kudos to them for keeping American in a job.     rant over  
beerchug.gif
Well said

(hayadooin @ Apr. 11 2007,13:14) What's all the hoopla about. I own a softail duece and when I joined this board I was greeted by open arms by everyone here. I haven't even found my Busa yet. But with that being said my I don't take things that people say personal unless it is directed at me, and I try to respect everyone on two wheels no matter what they ride. We all have one thing in common in that we love riding on two wheels.      
beerchug.gif
I agree

I talk with a friend from high school [25+] years ago.Him and his brothers ride harley's.Then I ran into his dad at work.His son told him "that wayne is just as crazy as he was in high school,that suzuki he's got"We just laughed about it.I sent a message back,lets get together and go riden.The dad says "they can't keep up with you".I said you know it does have more than one speed.Tell them to call me.I'll ride with any make.But not the bad attitude.

hayadooin,good luck on your find,in the mean time,enjoy your harley.Keep it around if ya can.A change every now and then is cool.This I know,I have a VTX AND A Busa.

Actually that thread was removed from that forum but I'm glad you reposted here. I honestly wasn't sure if that was you who posted that message or not.
Your comments were FAR MORE than a direct attack on that one guy. You not only bashed the cars but also the people who choose to own them. At the same time you complain here about harley bashing.
rock.gif
There's a double standard going on here.

I can even see if you were just pissed and wanted to rip on the entire group out of anger but 99% of the SRT owners were tearing that guy a new azz too.

As far as the SRT goes...I always thought they were some 90 HP boy racer car. After reading that forum it sort of piqued my interest and I did some Google searching. Damn did I learn something new that day.....

They weigh less than 3K lbs. The engine pumps out 230 HP with 250 ft tq. Most magazines that have tested the car claim the factory HP to be under-rated and more at 250+ HP.

It's faster than a WRX in stock form. Good drivers are running high 13's in the quarter mile. Top speed is about 155 mph. Mopar also has a whole line of stage 1, 2 and 3 kits available at reasonable prices.
Maybe I'm easily impressed but I find it to be rather fast, especially for a 4 banger that cost well under $20K. Are there any other new cars in that price range which turn out similar numbers? Hell, can the average Harley compare with that price and those performance numbers?
rock.gif

rock.gif

Actually yes, Last year I sold my 86 mustang svo It had an intercooled turbo 2.3 with a stock ranger roller cam and 18 lbs of boost that put out 230 hp. And again it was an 86 with 21yr old technology. It was a blast to drive and hard to keep the rear wheels in the rear in tight turns but had to let go if I cracked it up parts are hard to find and expensive.
As far as the srt kid and that groups choice of vehicle I honestly have no interest either way, What I said was done in anger ,If he was in my neck of the woods he would have quite likely got a home visit. Polite, no but when my fun time becomes endangered by anyone who might cause me to not make it home . I get really ingnorant real fast. I openly admit to being a hardhead, But I admit when Im wrong and for calling out an entire group for one Idiots statement I infact was wrong in doing so.

I just talked a buddy out of buying a HD yesterday. Instead, we found him an 07' Victory 8-Ball. Cool looking bike.

He's gonna pick it up from the Fredericksburg Victory dealer sometime Saturday.

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 12 2007,16:10) Actually yes, Last year I sold my 86 mustang svo It had an intercooled turbo 2.3 with a stock ranger roller cam  and 18 lbs of boost that put out 230 hp. And again it was an 86 with 21yr old technology. It was a blast to drive and hard to keep the rear wheels in the rear in tight turns but had to let go if I cracked it up parts are hard to find and expensive.
As far as the srt kid and that groups choice of vehicle I honestly have no interest either way, What I said was done in anger ,If he was in my neck of the woods he would have quite likely got a home visit. Polite, no but when my fun time becomes endangered by anyone who might cause me to not make it home . I get really ingnorant real fast. I openly admit to being a hardhead, But I admit when Im wrong and for calling out an entire group for one Idiots statement I infact was wrong in doing so.
beerchug.gif

(GMbusa @ Apr. 12 2007,18:40) I just talked a buddy out of buying a HD yesterday. Instead, we found him an 07' Victory 8-Ball. Cool looking bike.

Those bikes are sweet no matter what model you choose.

If I ever go to a cruiser it WILL be a Victory. I just don't understand why they don't catch on.

(Turbo-Torch @ Apr. 12 2007,09:52)
(GMbusa @ Apr. 12 2007,18:40) I just talked a buddy out of buying a HD yesterday. Instead, we found him an 07' Victory 8-Ball. Cool looking bike.

Those bikes are sweet no matter what model you choose.

If I ever go to a cruiser it WILL be a Victory.  I just don't understand why they don't catch on.
Give them time. I think what's hurting Victory is their rep from their first series of bikes (V92's) they made. The V92's were underpowered, heavy and plagued with problems.

The new series of bikes are badass. If i could, i'd own a Hammer.

Yup - and scooters - anything on 2 wheels gets a bike wave and a thumbs up from me. Todays "scooter" could be tomorrows "biker"...

(proud dad @ Apr. 12 2007,15:43) I talk with a friend from high school [25+] years ago.Him and his brothers ride harley's.Then I ran into his dad at work.His son told him "that wayne is just as crazy as he was in high school,that suzuki he's got"We just laughed about it.I sent a message back,lets get together and go riden.The dad says "they can't keep up with you".I said you know it does have more than one speed.Tell them to call me.I'll ride with any make.But not the bad attitude.

hayadooin,good luck on your find,in the mean time,enjoy your harley.Keep it around if ya can.A change every now and then is cool.This I know,I have a VTX AND A Busa.
thanks
beerchug.gif

The only harley riders I can't stand are the wannabe's. The guys that buy the image and think that cruising around the strip or into New Hope and acting like they are 1% while they drink their latte's and smoke their cigars wearing chaps that have never seen rain, dirt , engine oil etc. They are the ones that don't wave have no riding courtesy as in getting out of the way when your moving at a steady clip. That being said I usually have more of a problem with the no gear, no skill, no respect sport bike rider that constantly tarnishes our image and puts everyone else's life in danger when they fly down a busy suburban street trying to impress their sub- average IQ girlfriend and friends.

Last year I ran into a group of Pagan's and we talked bikes for an hour... Just goes to show that the so called scarey bikers are usually more approachable and fun to bs with and less dangerous on the road then the group of attorney's that just bought brand new harley's and constantly stall out at the stop light.

Back