Harley Riders

we are all in this for the passion of being on two wheels...
Not exactly so.  Have you ever been told that you weren't welcome to a group ride because it's just for Harley riders.  It's like they're saying, "We feel like bad-azzes on our bikes but we won't get that special feeling if a real bad-azz bike is cruising with us.  So please stay away so we can pretend we're Kings of the road."  Gimme a break.  I like virtually all bikes but, personally, I'd be embarrased to ride a Harley.  It's be like dressin' up all cowboy or something.
Dang Meltdown, I sense a nerve was sparked...

I know how you feel though. I have a friend whom I started riding with that has a hardley and I don’t ride with him anymore, and probably never will.

Every stinking time I am with him and we are around ANY of his friends that ride hardley's it is the same fricken thing every time he introduces me, it is not "This is Ron" or "This is my friend Ron"

It is always "This is Ron, he rides a rice burner but we forgive him"

It is almost like he is embarrassed to have me ride with him / them and he needs to make some kind of excuse for me.

So I feel your pain MD.

As cool as crusiers TRY to be, a lot of them are not as cool as they think they are.

nah it's mostly Harley bikers, I been riding for 30+ years most of them hate anything but other Harley's. I wave they don't, at bike events they ban together, sport bikes are considered crotch rockets, jap bikes, rice burners. from the white collar HD owner (which in fact saved Harley's ass) they call them metrics. common responce from a friendly HD is, "I couldn't own one of those crotch rockets I'd kill myself" mine is, "only goes is fast as you twist it" Hell, like a fool I still wave, we're all bikers! but I'd be pissed off if I had a oil leaking, overpriced, technically challanged, boat anchor between my legs also, LOL!
Mik

<!--EDIT|Mikuniman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092773163 -->

common responce from a friendly HD is, "I couldn't own one of those crotch rockets I'd kill myself"
DANG!! I have had hardley riders say that to me before, is that like a coded underhanded slap in the face that they all chuckle about when they say it!!!

Oh man, my blood is starting to boil, I feel this turning into a hog rider flame thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have to share a quick HD story, (I'll make it short)
I live about 30 miles from the city.. I'm fortunate that the ride in is a twisty one for most of it. On one of those rides in I happend to come up behind a HD, suicide shift and all it's glory. dude had his 1920 aircraft goggles and skid plate (half chrome helmet)to match. well about 1/2 mile back (about the distance you hear the gears grinding) he noticed a sport bike coming behind him. this poor dude poured it on, didn't want me to pass I guess.. I didn't really figure it out until I seen those floor boards sparking. I wasn't even going much over speed limit & had no intensions of passing. Sure enough a in cloud of dust, off he went into the ditch. I immediately pulled over, he was brushing himself off, I yelled, you ok, what happen? he told me to "fck off" I said sure your alright, thought he was going to beat my ass, man that he was, I took off! I was heading to a friends stag (no drinking of course) sure enough the dude showed up, of all the places, but hey, free beer they will come..(sorry I see them always pulling out of bars around here in full force.. well anyway, he didn't make much eye contact but to say later in the day when he was cocked "hey, couldn't let a jap bike pass me"
LMAO! god help'em..
ride safe,
Mik

I myself own a Harley and use to ride with a local club, most of the riders today are guys with too much money and no brains, they get on there Harleys and think there poop don't stink, but not all of them are like that. Now on the other hand you get the kids that go out and buy a racer bike and have no reason to be on one to begin with, shotting up the lines at stupid speeds, pulling wheelies on the street, but again they are not all like that. So do not classify all Harley riders in one group, especially if I am on mine. In my personal opinion 90% of all bikers no matter what you are on are idiots, they give good riders a bad name. Look at most of the accident reports, some idiot going way over the speed limit and trying to blame it on the guy that pulled out in front of him.

Now don't get me wrong, I ride everyday, mostly my Busa now that I have it, but that is only because my Harley is an older bike and it needs constant wrenching. But just remember we are all on 2 wheels and at sometime or another in your lifetime you thought your poop didn't stink and that you are the baddest thing out there.

And as Rodney King said "can't we all just get along"

have to share a quick HD story, (I'll make it short)
I live about 30 miles from the city.. I'm fortunate that the ride in is a twisty one for most of it. On one of those rides in I happend to come up behind a HD, suicide shift and all it's glory. dude had his 1920 aircraft goggles and skid plate (half chrome helmet)to match. well about 1/2 mile back (about the distance you hear the gears grinding) he noticed a sport bike coming behind him. this poor dude poured it on, didn't want me to pass I guess.. I didn't really figure it out until I seen those floor boards sparking. I wasn't even going much over speed limit & had no intensions of passing. Sure enough a in cloud of dust, off he went into the ditch. I immediately pulled over, he was brushing himself off, I yelled, you ok, what happen? he told me to "fck off" I said sure your alright, thought he was going to beat my ass, man that he was, I took off! I was heading to a friends stag (no drinking of course) sure enough the dude showed up, of all the places, but hey, free beer they will come..(sorry I see them always pulling out of bars around here in full force.. well anyway, he didn't make much eye contact but to say later in the day when he was cocked  "hey, couldn't let a jap bike pass me"
LMAO! god help'em..
ride safe,
Mik
Well they need to get over it and get used to it. Because I am not aware or too many cruisers that would have an option. unless of course they lay it down and try to block the entire path with metal parts, oil and gas all over the road

I myself own a Harley and use to ride with a local club, most of the riders today are guys with too much money and no brains, they get on there Harleys and think there poop don't stink, but not all of them are like that.  Now on the other hand you get the kids that go out and buy a racer bike and have no reason to be on one to begin with, shotting up the lines at stupid speeds, pulling wheelies on the street, but again they are not all like that. So do not classify all Harley riders in one group, especially if I am on mine.  In my personal opinion 90% of all bikers no matter what you are on are idiots, they give good riders a bad name.  Look at most of the accident reports, some idiot going way over the speed limit and trying to blame it on the guy that pulled out in front of him.

Now don't get me wrong, I ride everyday, mostly my Busa now that I have it, but that is only because my Harley is an older bike and it needs constant wrenching.  But just remember we are all on 2 wheels and at sometime or another in your lifetime you thought your poop didn't stink and that you are the baddest thing out there.

And as Rodney King said "can't we all just get along"
2 things:

1) You're being too politically correct. Everyone here knows there's good apples and bad. It's a lot more satisfying to generalize and blast a group when really you're referring to the recent jerk-off that get's your goat. Let us have our fun!

2) While I may be dissallusioned about the stinkyness of my poop, 99% of the time I'm at least riding that baddest thing out there!

your right, young punks (emphasize on the word punks not all young riders) on sport bikes that's a whole another story.. but they're young and have to mature & learn the hard way.. these HD guys are all grown up aren't they.. I have an age ol honest question that maybe Psych can help me out with. What's with the Harley chrisitning where they torch a bike? don't get that. I rescued a 89 Virago from one once, cleaned & tuned it up & gave to a guys wife I use to work for.. she got many years of fun out of it!
Mik

<!--EDIT|Mikuniman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092778125 -->

Breathe thrasherfox, breathe!
I was, now I am dizzy... eewww head rush, havent felt one of those since.... hmm where am I?

ices_rofl.gif

thrasher I want to ride with you man, your hilarious!
I just get spooled easy lol sometimes.

Weird... things that don't set other people off set me off, and things that would make a old virgin nun rip someone's throat out with her false teeth roll off my back like water droplets

Shhhh don't tell anyone (looking around) but... I have been told I am... different.... harmless as a de-clawed kitten, but..... different
face7.gif

biggrin.gif

thrasher I want to ride with you man, your hilarious!
I just get spooled easy lol sometimes.

Weird... things that don't set other people off set me off, and things that would make a old virgin nun rip someone's throat out with her false teeth roll off my back like water droplets

Shhhh don't tell anyone (looking around)  but... I have been told I am... different.... harmless as a de-clawed kitten, but..... different  
face7.gif

biggrin.gif
noooooooooo....not YOU!!........

I have an age ol honest question that maybe Psych can help me out with. What's with the Harley chrisitning where they torch a bike?
I have not heard of that in along time, that was back when hardcore Harley guys were around, unlike todays tie wearing Harley owners. That was just one of those crazy things that most of those guys could not explain themselves. I never burnt a bike, then again I wouldn't be foolish enough unless we were putting the bike to rest.

This thread got me to thinkin....Last Saturday I was down at Sacramento Harley picking up some parts for my custom.....and it seemed like the place was full of folks who you would never even guess would ride any bike...much less Harleys...then I realized that the bulk of the people in there were just shopping in the clothing/hats/dog toys section.....gotta buy that image!!

a friend of mine got some free tickets this summer to a local lake bearing pary boat that groups gather up enough plp to rent. band, beer, drinks & a damn 3 hr good time. we ended up latching on to a local bar who host this event anually. it was a organized hd club. I said coo fellow bikers, I didn't have a clue, I honestly was wearing my newly purchased busa.org t. dispite the razzing every now & then we had a great time up until about 5 miles heading in a fight broke out between 2 bikers then about 8 including a couple women. the captain cut the cruise short and it ruined a great nite.. the fight continued after the boat got to shore & I heard the band say after 6 years of this event they wouldn't be returning. A huge group of hammered bikers got on there bikes passengers & all and took off..after that nite I'd rather would have partied with the tie wearing hd club.
ride safe,
Mik

Ah, the H-D issue rears its ugly head and I do mean ugly!...
One point to make here...generally speaking, they are a narrow-minded, short-sighted unfortunate group of people.
My position is that if what you ride becomes more important than riding then you are no longer a motorcyclist and thus I have no use for you...f**k 'em...
Ride safe...

Short story of one of my Hardley experiences.  Went to Walmart to get a movie or something, and 2 Hardley Road Kings pulled up, one with 30 day tags.  Now these were not you average tie wearing owner/riders, but hardcore driving from Florida to NY in a mini iron butt contest.  One of the Road Kings went to the local hardley store to get it serviced, and I parked beside the other.  When I came back out, the hardley rider looked at me and then said, why didn't you get a buell.  I had to laugh, looked at him and said "this is what I wanted, the FASTEST production motorcycle ever made, World record holder, and what is the buells claim to fame.  He never said another word.  Cranked up his overpriced noise maker, and putted away.

Mainly it's penis envy.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Yup, They saw a "Beamer Weasel" and decided to "Flex"....

Funny thing is they are the establishment now and don't even know it.

Now back in your Hole!! Fuggin Beemer Weasel!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just playing, my next cage will likely be a BMW. I drove a 540 for about a month not too long ago and absolutly fell in love with the .... I dunno "FEEL of the handling"? It just rode better than anything I had ever driven...
For a moment there I thought you were gonna give a stuffed shirt, sheeyot bag review of the damned BMW you drove for a month.
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I know some folks who ride Harleys. I get invited along occasionally. It usually goes like this... "Hey, you've got a motorcycle don't you? Hell, ride over to (insert bar's name here) and drink some beer with us.". Ummmmm, yeah, sure. If I wanted to commit suicide I'd do it quickly and cleanly, dude.
drooling3.gif

Back