Educated a Harley Rider

I have a Honda cruiser for sniffin' daisies. But I don't sniff many daisies because I'm racking that ***** for all it has.

The Hayabusa on the other hand... Well, I've only had her since May and I hadn't been on a rocket since I was in my late teens. I'm still feeling her out.

Truly two different rides. And I love both. It's not what you ride, it's that you ride that interests me (and concerns me, in some cases).

"Educated a Harley rider???"

Sounds more like you were a smirky little ****. Lots of Harley riders are decent dudes and lots of sportbike riders are clueless squids. They are two completely different bikes for two completely different uses. I've had Harleys and/or Big Rice most of my life or at least since Japan made something bigger than 750cc. And at 64 that's a lot of bikes...

I enjoy both bikes and both cultures. When I ride Big Red I put on a full face helmet and let 'er rip. When I ride the Harley, it's a novelty helmet and a P64 in my left boot. It's all good.

Oh yeah, a Hayabusa is in no way a "crotch rocket," it's a full-on man's bike that can put up serious mileage on any given day if you got the time. To mix a Hayabusa in with 600s, old Kawasaki 500 triples and other true crotch rockets is stupid.

Last edited:
+1
Two totally different bikes made for specific purposes. Some will try to make a cruiser fast, some will try to make a sportbike into a cruiser, some enjoy the best of both by having them.
To me, a biker is a biker. We all share the same passion, having the freedom of enjoying the bikes of our choosing. It's not Us vs. Them, unless that is your mindset.
If you have the opportunity, swap rides with a cruiser bud of yours. Ride with an open mind and try to feel the feeling its owner enjoys. Beware though, you may feel the need of a second bike. Perhaps as will they.
I acknowledge all bikers, because we share a common interest. With people texting, browsing, and other things more important than driving, I've no room to segregate the bikes of ones choice. Some do though. They're really missing out!

That is exactly what I was thinking ! :thumbsup:
I have had 3 Busa's and 2 Harleys and can say that I have enjoyed all of them. I love the speed & handling of the Busa but I loved the Harley more for Cruising and long trips.

"Educated a Harley rider???"

Sounds more like you were a smirky little ****. Lots of Harley riders are decent dudes and lots of sportbike riders are clueless squids. They are two completely different bikes for two completely different uses. I've had Harleys and/or Big Rice most of my life or at least since Japan made something bigger than 750cc. And at 64 that's a lot of bikes...

I enjoy both bikes and both cultures. When I ride Big Red I put on a full face helmet and let 'er rip. When I ride the Harley, it's a novelty helmet and a P64 in my left boot. It's all good.

Oh yeah, a Hayabusa is in no way a "crotch rocket," it's a full-on man's bike that can put up serious mileage on any given day if you got the time. To mix a Hayabusa in with 600s, old Kawasaki 500 triples and other true crotch rockets is stupid.

This thread was in no way to dis a Harley or its Riders. I have no problems with Harleys but not sure I would take one over a M109, to each his own, as for Harley riders I have yet to meet one I didnt get along with.

What this thread did say was that I educated a Harley rider in the HP of a Busa, He had no idea that his Harley, that he thought was fast, had only 80 to 85 HP and the Busa has 162. He couldnt imagine the speed, Hence the I will let you lead and pass you, How else do you show the speed of the Busa without actually letting him ride it ( Not gonna happen )

As for the Crotch Rocket comment, Are you trying to tell me you havent ridden up to a group of cruisers and havent heard, Crotch Rocket mentioned.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and yes I can be a Smirky Little Sh*t

I was laughing until I got to the "full-on man's bike" part..... Grrrr..... That's why I chose the busa.... Cause it's low enough and light enough for this lady to handle!
And trust me guys, yuo think you get a lot of attention on your busa? Let your wife ride it up to the next event if she feels confident enough... And watch how many more heads turn!

Women - We make all vehicles look better! :whistle:

But to topic.... I have nothing wrong with any rider... Until they get all worked up when they see my 5' 6" 142lb a** on my busa and try to act like fools.... It's actually comical.... (Silly boys...) :rofl:

And trust me guys, yuo think you get a lot of attention on your busa? Let your wife ride it up to the next event if she feels confident enough... And watch how many more heads turn!

No argument here, Not a whole lot sexier than a woman on a Sport Bike. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You don't have to be a man to ride a "man's bike." course you want to call a Busa a woman's bike, well okay then... ;- )

I love all motorcycles, including Harleys. The bad rep SOME Harley riders have acquired is justified in rare but real cases. When I was a police officer, I worked with the "bike gangs" unit and experienced some of the most ruthless behavior I have ever seen....by bike gang members to innocent victims. Having said that, I just spent a weekend with 20 "Harley bikers" and enjoyed every minute with great people.
Sportbikes? There are some fools on sportbikes as well, I'm not familiar with packs of sportbike riders that get into making "hits" on people, or participate in "shots fired" incidents but maybe it's happened somewhere. Let's not pretend there haven't been awful acts of violence perpetrated by "certain" motorcycle riders in two wheeled history.
The motorcycle is simply a medium of transportation, sport and lifestyle.....each catagory of bikes has various subcultures, some we identify with, some we reject (for whatever reasons).

I've never had an issue with a harley rider ever on or off my busa, they do seem to give the busa "special" respect for a japanese machine :bowdown: :laugh: but I gave up giving them the wave years ago. Once they get on their bikes a good portion of them seem to turn into "I don't wave or even smile cause I'm now Billy Bad-Azz". I guess that must be part of the Harley Davidson training course for new owners :rofl:

This thread was in no way to dis a Harley or its Riders. I have no problems with Harleys but not sure I would take one over a M109, to each his own, as for Harley riders I have yet to meet one I didnt get along with.

What this thread did say was that I educated a Harley rider in the HP of a Busa, He had no idea that his Harley, that he thought was fast, had only 80 to 85 HP and the Busa has 162. He couldnt imagine the speed, Hence the I will let you lead and pass you, How else do you show the speed of the Busa without actually letting him ride it ( Not gonna happen )

As for the Crotch Rocket comment, Are you trying to tell me you havent ridden up to a group of cruisers and havent heard, Crotch Rocket mentioned.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh and yes I can be a Smirky Little Sh*t

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I understand what you meant. You just schooled him on Horsepower that he did not know existed. That is whay I got out of it.:whistle:

Yeah, not every HD rider waves...may be like 10-20% of them do. I always wave back or nod (if my clutch is engaged).

Back