Harley Warranties

I figured this would quickly turn into a Harley bashing thread. I get the screaming eagle, chrome trinkets, leather vests, if you aint a Harley rider you aint $#!+, etc scorn. I do laugh at the Harley wannabe tough men. But the bikes themselves are not the problem, it's the riders. I like Harleys. I have many bikes, including Harleys. I often tell people I like every motorcycle made, except maybe Goldwings. I like the sound of an unmuffled Harley. I understand many Harley riders abuse that sound and look like jerks, but I love the sound and respect it. I like the looks of many Harleys. I like the ride of many Harleys. Ever compared an Electraglide to Hayabusa in crosswinds? Cross-country comfort? Did you know some Big Twin Harleys can achieve 120+ mph? Most modern Harleys will cruise all day at 80+ mph. Some Harleys handle better with 2-up + gear than my Hayabusa does.

I wonder how many Harley riders are dissing Hayabusas on their forums. Do you think maybe sometime a Hayabusa rider with Voodoo exhaust at 11,000 rpms, has annoyed someone? Maybe someone has seen a Hayabusa riding on busy streets passing in no passing zone, weaving and splitting lanes, riding like 120mph in a 55? Does everyone like the looks of a 240mm wide tired busa w/skulls and fluorescent paint? Yep, Hayabusas and Hayabusa riders suck. Hmmm.....

And I would imagine all brands have warranty tales to tell. Only bike I've ever owned in warranty was my 1973 Bultaco Alpina, never had a problem with it. :)

I have owned many Harley's and still have one, my biggest complaint is they are way over priced. I also don't like the Harley snob attitudes but like mentioned before thats the people not the bikes.

People don't believe I ride a Busa till I show a picture. I'm not black ( stereo typing me )
I like some HD stuff but never owned due to $$$$$ and I usually don't get along with most Harley People. Night train is my favorite

I guess I dont always want to go fast.
Sometimes I want to ride with the wife and sorry I'm not putting her on the back of a turbo'd nasty bitch. We go cruising on the harley for pleasure and dont need to go fast.
Can they be expensive - sure. So can a Busa bitches.

Oddly I read an article some a few years ago about a guy that had a harley that he rode cross country. Guess he was retired. He carried an American and P.O.W. flag on the back. At some point while under warranty he had transmission issues and Hardly refused to honor it because they said that the wind drag on the flags caused the problem...uh yea. for what its worth.

I hate that we live in such a lawsuit happy society, but unfortunately, sometimes that's the only thing that gets things done anymore.
So a senoir buys a new Harley(for big bucks), flies his P.O.W and Honor Guard flags, as he rides in the Honor Guard(what a great service to our country, and families of the fallen).
So then, a motor mount breaks. No big deal, it's under warranty.
Wait, it isn't? The flags put too much strain on the engine. WHAT!?!
Really? 2 flags cause more drag than rider, passenger, and a trailer? In what world?
So, not only is not covered, but we're now going to void your entire warranty now, AND, we're going to put you on a nationwide list so your warranty is void everywhere. WHAT!?!
This dealer owner/manager, whoever, is total piece of sh*t! Sorry, but a spade is a spade, no sugar coating it.
I think a nice letter to the local paper explaining the details, and a letter from a lawyer would help out.
I also wouldn't be suprised if the local Hells Angels would be willing to pay the dealer a visit, and persuade him to change his mind, all things considered. They're some bad dudes who will stand up for some good cuases, Honor Guard especially.
I really hope this gets resolved the right way, with a new motor mount and full warranty.
Just when you thought your local dealer sucked.

You all understand you just have to tell them youll sue them under MagMoss and win every time.
Especially for the poster with a non harley battery....
Most lawyers that work in this field do it on a contingency. I've had to sue dealers left and right for this fact just because they think everyone is an idiot and has no clue. Educate yourself people and youll always have the upper hand
I didn't know any of that. But if I have this problem again I will definetly be doing that. Thank you

that made me lol literally.....

Guess what? I didn't mean Moto GP type handling. I suppose you've tested a Streetglide or Electraglide 80mph in a strong cross wind on the interstate 2 up and found it worthless compared to the Hayabusa? I find them more stable than the Hayabusa in those conditions.

And I suppose we can trade insults if it makes you feel good. You're riding with "dudes who go 50 on the hi way", made me lol. Are you riding with AARP "dudes"?

ur posts are still making me LOL.... thanx for the laughs. no one needs to ride a Streetglide or some Electroglide tank to know it doesn't handle anywhere near as well as a stock busa does. dude who are u tryn to convince me or you? I really hope its you cause if u think a bike that weighs 400 lbs more then ANY other bike is gonna magically handle better and accelerate or brake better uve been drinking WAY too much of the HD Kool-aid!

I'm not sure what ur smoking but plz send me some cause it mus be some good shiit.... Streetglide weighs 800 lbs and the Electroglide weighs 900 lbs. see how ridiculous ur starting to sound? but I'm sure they do great with crosswinds on top of a mountain tho cause thats why most ppl like to buy a MC.

yea the whole riding with dudes who go 50 mph in the right lane is exactly why I have zero interest in riding with ppl who own HD's. maybe you missed that small point in this thread. ill try to type slower for ya next time....:rolleyes:

Guess what? I didn't mean Moto GP type handling. I suppose you've tested a Streetglide or Electraglide 80mph in a strong cross wind on the interstate 2 up and found it worthless compared to the Hayabusa? I find them more stable than the Hayabusa in those conditions.

And I suppose we can trade insults if it makes you feel good. You're riding with "dudes who go 50 on the hi way", made me lol. Are you riding with AARP "dudes"?

Brett, no offense but I think you may be the one missing the point. Bike like cars cater to different wants and needs. Noone is trying to convince you to sell your busa and buy a HD. But belive it or not there are some people who do not like curling up into the fetal position and riding like that for hours on end. I love a good tight sports car that can handle like it's on rails, but I also like to just kick back in a Cadillac and enjoy the ride. It's ok if you don't enjoy a nice ride. You have made your point and you don't have to own any other kind of bike than a sports bike.

oh I like plenty of other bikes just not junk HD's and wen someone tries to claim a 900 lb HD is gonna handle better then a stock busa in any way, shape or form sounds stupid and their BS will be called out.

ppl get all butt-hurt wen u say anything negative about a HD. Yet the attitude I encounter from HD riders every time I go out makes me LOL like these guys are badasses or somthn and I have no business riding on the street with them. like I'm a second class citizen on the road while they ride their overweight pigs that do nothing more then make noise.... smh

I even encountered that attitude with one of the HD's guys I went out with that day. he wudnt even acknowledge my bike although I checked out his POS and actually complimented him on the paint. I cud see he was like "U don't own a HD ur really not worthy to ride with me" all while he's being passed by 18 wheeler trucks cause he was too much of a pusssy to ride like a man.

Brett, no offense but I think you may be the one missing the point. Bike like cars cater to different wants and needs. Noone is trying to convince you to sell your busa and buy a HD. But belive it or not there are some people who do not like curling up into the fetal position and riding like that for hours on end. I love a good tight sports car that can handle like it's on rails, but I also like to just kick back in a Cadillac and enjoy the ride. It's ok if you don't enjoy a nice ride. You have made your point and you don't have to own any other kind of bike than a sports bike.

I totally understand not liking the Harley snob attitudes. I own a Harley, although I rarely ride it, and I still get that from people. The difference is I think it's funny. I usually tell them that I would love to ride a Harley but I am scared of the power so I got a Hayabusa instead. That gets one of two responses, either they laugh and that calms their attitude or they agree that a Harley is more powerful and that just let's me know they don't know bikes and their opinion means less than nothing.

I usually tell them that I would love to ride a Harley but I am scared of the power so I got a Hayabusa instead. That gets one of two responses, either they laugh and that calms their attitude or they agree that a Harley is more powerful and that just let's me know they don't know bikes and their opinion means less than nothing.
thats pretty funny

Back