Harley Riders

super851

Registered
First of all I do not want to direct this to all of the people that ride Harleys, just like sport bike riders ass holes are everywhere. Just got back from Tahoe riding in my 528 BMW, came up on a group of Harley riders 8 with one of them pulling a trailer. Now here is my gripe, every time the passing line came up with signs that were clearly posted "Stay to the right use Left Lane for Passing", everyone in the group would go to the right except for one, he stayed in the left lane and would not let anyone pass. This happened several times and by this time I'm pissed, final one of the Harley's had to pull over due to bike problems, smoking, at first I was going to leave and not offer assitance but Harley or not I stopped they said they had it handle so I was off.

Now here is my question, why is it; and this is from my experiance only, everytime I've come up on a Harley and we are in a area that this type of bike is not built for "Twisties" the drive will either speed up to show that he can ride thus cause a danger not only to himself but to others that are on the road or the ride will set dead center of the road and ride 10 miles an hour slower than the speed limit rather than pull over let traffic pass (Bike or Car). And if you pass them they tend to get pissed off!!! Please explain the road manners of a Harley ride is accustome to. Thanks for letting me vent

Mainly it's penis envy.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

i never pay anymind to them boys, in car or on my cycle.been riding for 25 years and they dont change.just pass them when you can and give a little toot on the horn when they are broken on the side of the road.most would rather push there hd than ride your japper!!

u said it rob-- they hate us jappers for the most part. Good let em push.

if I'm feeling fiesty, I'll flip the bird to anyone not acknowledging my wave (most arrogant HD riders) and let em try to play catch up.

Generally while driving I'll back off. If Im up on Bus' and another rider can not keep the lap pace.... er.. I mean speed limit, (although not cool by any means) I will usually drop back about 50-80 bike lengths and start hammerin' the Busa untill I blow past them in the other lane of course at about 170. This method usually teaches all others on inferior cycles who "daddy" is and also provides a life lesson learned to all that feel their better than the next guy on two wheels. I understand regardless of what we ride Vespa or a 400hp turbo Busa, we are all riders that share the same passion.

You know.. it is not just Harley riders, it is anyone that has a chip on their shoulder. If you notice, a lot of cruisers and Harley riders, regardless of how nice they might be, at some level in their conscious mind, there is either:

A) A real tough person trying to get out

Or

B) A person who wishes they were tough trying to get out.

I had some SOB, and I am not trying to be stereo typical or anything, just the facts, some fricken migrant farm worker who was about 20 years old driving this large van with about 10 other guys in it.

I am behind them going over a mountain pass, guy was driving slow until I would go to pass, every fricken time I went to pass the guy would totally speed up. I could see the jerks in the van laughing every time

It was so noticeable the cars behind me started backing off, so I am getting pissed, after about 15 minutes of this shid I say fug it, I go to pass on the outside of an S turn, sure enough the a hole speeds up, but not only does he speed up, he crossed the divider and tries crushing me in to the rock wall, so I just nailed it.

Stupid move on my part but I was so pissed, I got him front of him, had to swerve real quick in front of him so I could line up for the left hander that was coming up, and no way was I going to get in front of him and then take the turn slow, I could see the A hole pushing me off the edge.

So I get ahead of him, make the left hander and I was gone. Got to the bottom of the hill and pulled over and waited for him and his buddies.

I had my 45 on me in my tank bag and had my hand in the tank bag waiting. I was hoping they were going to pull over and jump out. But they drove by and one guy quickly glanced at me then looked away, the others didn’t even look, crap I am getting all spooled up thinking about it again!!!

Anyway, there are all kinds of inconsiderate jerks out there.

The ones that pull crap like that are idiots and there only safety is in packs.

Someone who is cool and doesn’t have a chip on their shoulder is usually respectful of others.

But you will find a lot of guys who run in packs get their fricken balls handed to them just before they go on the ride. Then when the pack ride is over they hand their balls back.

I have no respect for those kind of people.

I mean, if you are going to be a jerk and an A$$ hole, cool, that is your bag, be it, but be it all the time, not just when you think buddies are around to get your back.

I don't know why these guys have to do that.  Maybe they're tired of getting passed all the time.  Probably scares them, to have a bike zip past them unexpectedly.   Several times I've been stuck behind a group that won't let you pass.  Most, though, if you get close to them will finally look in their mirror and see you and let you pass.  It's like asking them to let you pass when you stay close to them (not too close) but don't pass.  Like they want to let you pass them.

soapbox.gif
 And since we're on the subject: Big O alley-oops up to the soap box.
I'm am sick and tired of the loud, slow, wanna-look-cool, no wavin', won't pull over, posers, on over-hyped, not All-American sleds.  You're not on American Chopper. (way to read them que cards boys)  Why are you drinking beers and then riding a bike?  Are those tatoos really yours?  Especially that Tribal one, a real individualist you are, it looks just like That guy's!  
.....Sorry I was at the Rock Store a couple of weeks ago and all those American Iron bikes are just LOUD and that's about it. POSERS!
Big O does a quadruple bypass with a half twist OFF the soapbox...nails the landing. (hey, I'm watching the Olympics!)

<!--EDIT|Big O
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092724036 -->

Big O and Thrasher, well put, I hope that none of the rest of the people on this board does not run into this type of BS.:angry:

Generally while driving I'll back off. If Im up on Bus' and another rider can not keep the lap pace.... er.. I mean speed limit, (although not cool by any means) I will usually drop back about 50-80 bike lengths and start hammerin' the Busa untill I blow past them in the other lane of course at about 170. This method usually teaches all others on inferior cycles who "daddy" is and also provides a life lesson learned to all that feel their better than the next guy on two wheels. I understand regardless of what we ride Vespa or a 400hp turbo Busa, we are all riders that share the same passion.
..hilarious.. ..I passed a group of them the other day, and offered my assistance.. ..I got poop in return, so I won't bother again..

..they certainly don't match the "biker's" definition - not to my book of words..
smile.gif

Fug 'em.......Don't stop being who you are because the majority of these fug's piss you off....just like anything there are good people out there riding HD's....they get stereotyped just like we do.....just so happens that most of theirs is true....but that's beside the point......Don't stop pulling over and offering your help when you see one broke down on the side of the highway, we are all in this for the passion of being on two wheels....whether it's 20mph or 170mph. You find one day that HD rider may be the only one out there to save your butt one day, just like you may be the only one to save his..

Do I sound like the friggin morality police or what.....

Rock on!!
egitarre77.gif

Dan

..when I said "I won't bother again" I didn't mean on an emergency.. this is what happened; ..they were "lost in space" near Delphi (just outside the entrance..) and they couldn't take their finger out their a** so they see the HUGE ENTRANCE DOOR!..
smile.gif
..they passed by and I GUESSED they wanted to go there, so I rushed to their "leader" (yep! they can't ride woithout one!..) told him all about it, he nudged his (ugly..) head and they all headed back. That's it, no thanks, no smiles, no nothing..

..I think I wrote about that again, but don't remember if it was here or not..

Mainly it's penis envy.
wink.gif
laugh.gif
Yup, They saw a "Beamer Weasel" and decided to "Flex"....

Funny thing is they are the establishment now and don't even know it.

Now back in your Hole!! Fuggin Beemer Weasel!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just playing, my next cage will likely be a BMW. I drove a 540 for about a month not too long ago and absolutly fell in love with the .... I dunno "FEEL of the handling"? It just rode better than anything I had ever driven...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Most around here will move. maybe it is m bright green color or the fact that I will back off and then come up about 150mph
wow.gif
. 2 or 3 times of doing that they tend to move. Must look pretty strange in the mirror.

Revlis I don't know how BMW does it but I have a Beater Beamer (1986 325) and that car handles, drives and has a fun factor of that of many of todays cars. Go figure. Back to the topic, I will not stop being the person that I am because of those who are one step shy from those who has a lobotomy, and yes I will still try to stop for those HD's that are on the side of the road who appears to need assistance. Good points to all who has responded and thanks for your inputs!
cool.gif

I suspect it may have been because you have a Bimmer, Harley guys have a hate on, (with exceptions of course), for yuppies.
sad.gif

The whole "Harley Lifestyle" just cracks me up. I mean, how many real 1 percenters owned a $15,000 trailer with matching pick-up truck to tow their bikes??? Half these guys watched too much TV growing up. Damned "Wild Ones" messed their heads up!

If you ever get a group of these "tough-guys" together, ask them what they do for a living. It's a great laugh seeing all these tough guy CPAs, Dentists, etc., out for their weekend of hooliganism!!!

Now I'm not hating, it just cracks me up. At least they ride.

we are all in this for the passion of being on two wheels...
Not exactly so. Have you ever been told that you weren't welcome to a group ride because it's just for Harley riders. It's like they're saying, "We feel like bad-azzes on our bikes but we won't get that special feeling if a real bad-azz bike is cruising with us. So please stay away so we can pretend we're Kings of the road." Gimme a break. I like virtually all bikes but, personally, I'd be embarrased to ride a Harley. It's be like dressin' up all cowboy or something.

Back