HARLEY

(rocktober @ Jul. 28 2007,18:02) that post by "shortcut" describes me to the tee, i'am 57 , i was always on a harley , i got two hd's and an 06 busa, thinking about selling my hd's now, love the busa and will buy an 08 also, i ride by myself cause the hd's can't keep up at all, ..............75 percent of the harleys riders i pass don't  wave back at me now
"Heck, I wave at local LEO's on Harleys
cool.gif
.....and THEY wave back......what'ya doin' wrong
rock.gif
???
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

keep it, allways nice to have a crusier around like yours  
super.gif

sometimes its nice to fly a b52 bomber than to fly your f14 fighter.

well you can always keep it and use it for what it good for
driving to cruise nights
im sure it works well in a parking lot
besides you need the busa for when the harley brakes down
(and it will)
as you can tell im not big fan of HD's
they have a few things going for them (like marketing)
and hey even have a few things that impress me
but you dont want me to tell you what i think (honestly)

actually as long as im on 2 wheels i probable wouldn't complain too much
but i wear the full face helmet also wouldnt want anyone i know to recognize me either

My experience?...after riding dirt since 14, asphault since 16..and numerouse honda 750 fours...at 31 years old?...in early '89 I traded....

my '86 Honda Nighthawk "S" Model...(pictured below/double scan)

Nighthawk.jpg

in on a brand new model 1520cc 6cyl Goldwing...

gwnohand.jpg

and it was pretty cool in a "Novel" sorta way to be a young 30 sumpt'in listening to Ted Nugents Best Hits in my am/fm cassette/intercom system...for about 6 months...and then i realized i made a huge mistake buying the damn thing...it was like driving 1/2 a honda accord (sans roof and ac) rather than riding two wheels...actually?...i was bored to death in about the first 3 months of ownership.

Conversly?...in 2001?....I flew from wpb, fl too newark, nj...one way...got off the plane wearing alpinestar boots with packed saddlebags in one hand and my HJC helmet in the other...and $8 large in my back pocket..and bought a slightly used 3 month old Black FZ1 for $6,500 and rode it 1,250 miles back home in two days...headed west to penn. and picked up 81 south in west va...best lone wolf ride of my life...on a naked yamaha.

My FZ1...

Liftdown.jpg

The forkbraces i designed and usta manufacture for them...

FZ1DEATHG.jpg

mho?..sell the HD while you can still get a great price..the wife and kid ain't gonna ride on the back and sidecar forever...i got my goldwing because the wife wanted a backrest and more wind protection than my beloved nighthawk afforded....i put 17K miles on that GW...i don't think she was on the back for more than 1K of that.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Sell the Harley, use the cash to buy an 08 Busa and an 08 M109! You'll have what you had and better, PLUS both gen Busa's!!

I'm already wicked jealous...
mad.gif

I love my HD '05 FXDXI Super Glide Sport and wouldn't sell it at any price. It sits along side my '04 LE and my '05 Honda ST-1300, Three bikes as different as day and night- they all stay. Now I am looking at a Ducati SR4S ,KTM Super Duke or a Honda CBR-1000R for some tight twisty action.
rant.gif

Keep the Harley and by another Busa! Thats what I did.... Two Busa's and a FLSTC-I; couldn't make my mind up so I joke and tell everyone I settled. I completely understand your situation. I like both but for different reasons.

Back