Why the Harley hatin?

jpracecraft

Registered
rock.gif
Why does every fifth topic turns to harley bashing. ( not gonna bother chasing quotes every one has seen it)most folks here seem to get but  it but some dont. You cant compare a cruise ship to a speed boat or a Trail horse to a cheetah.
Simply put they are two different animals. Ive dragged both sides of my softail in turns and freaked out the guys I ride HDs with  after wanting to go fast again I bought a busa.
I enjoy the company of both circles and see no need to bash either side. every vehicle has its weakness granted. but dont hate just because ,I dont see many, or any for that matter cross country touring trips on lean forward bikes or top speed bragging by vtwins. Its to easy to hate on either one if thats how you like to spend your time. Just ride and enjoy and wave to your fellow cycleist out of respect and be happy.

what_a_pair.JPG

Item 1 change your font color to something a little easier to read please
Item 2 Easy targets get targeted first. The sniper takes out the guy in the field before the guy in the bush
Item 3 Nice bar hopper Until a few months ago I had a 00 FXST tricked out complete with apes to big motor replaced it with an 03 FLHTCUI
Item 4 MOST of the time the road courtesies are ignored by those on the motor company's product. I experience this personally quite often. When they change their attitude as a whole, they won't get ragged on near as much

I think the riders bring the grief on them selves.

Most (not all) do not respect sport bikes, so in turn most sport bike riders retaliate.

I love all bikes, and tolerate most riders.
beerchug.gif

If Im gonna be cruisin unde 65 for 70% of the day or more Im takin the Harley If Im jetting to work or out for a clearing my head rip I take the busa.
Common ground on this forum seems to be guys with bad backs. Im one of them. The busa is the only hypersport bike bike I can ride without pain and I tried on plenty .
I fell in love with busas a few years ago at first site and when I rode one it was all over for me. I tried on hondas, kawis,ducs, buells,and even and aprilla but nothing was as comfortable as the busa.
But I hold no no bones against people happy with limiting theyre top speed to 125. But I do think if you need a radio, a windshield, storage for two,a cupholder and armrests.
smile.gif
GET A VAN.

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 07 2007,08:43)
rock.gif
Why does every fifth topic turns to harley bashing. ( not gonna bother chasing quotes every one has seen it)most folks here seem to get but  it but some dont. You cant compare a cruise ship to a speed boat or a Trail horse to a cheetah.
Simply put they are two different animals. Ive dragged both sides of my softail in turns and freaked out the guys I ride HDs with  after wanting to go fast again I bought a busa.
I enjoy the company of both circles and see no need to bash either side. every vehicle has its weakness granted. but dont hate just because ,I dont see many, or any for that matter cross country touring trips on lean forward bikes or top speed bragging by vtwins. Its to easy to hate on either one if thats how you like to spend your time. Just ride and enjoy and wave to your fellow cycleist out of respect and be happy.
What goes around comes around...if you're worried about the haters...I think their on a different board
sad.gif

There's a LOT of haters on BOTH sides of the spectrum! But generally cruser riders don't treat sportbikers with respect, "then they expect RESPECT in return, (and get none)." Then that aggrivate's them, and we wonder why no one get's along!
rant.gif

ill ride with any one not matter what there on.
99 percent of all rocket and crusier riders wave.
about 50 percent of h.d. riders wave back.
i would say that is the biggest reason for bashing.
not that i care. ill wave and if they dont, so be it.

I'm not sure where you are coming up with you opinion. This is one the most accepting group of people I have seen on the internet. Occasionally we will poke some some fun at Harley riders, but not near as much as most other boards I visit. Personally, I like Harleys for what they are.. a cruiser.
super.gif

(HillsRider @ Apr. 07 2007,12:26) I'm not sure where you are coming up with you opinion. This is one the most accepting group of people I have seen on the internet. Occasionally we will poke some some fun at Harley riders, but not near as much as most other boards I visit. Personally, I like Harleys for what they are.. a cruiser.  
super.gif
AMEN brotha!
beerchug.gif

If cruiser's show US respect, we'll show them MORE!
wink.gif

laugh.gif
Granted most anyone with a 10, 15 or, 25 thousand dollar machine isnt going to pay much if any respect to someone who picked up a 2500-3500 dollar bike that rips around town like a jack a$$. The idiots that stunt through the residential neiborhoods and wheelie down the 190 sitting on the tank at 100 burn my a$$ because every time I pull the busa out local cops watch me like Im about to try and break a speed record.
Jealous? maybe so. My good friend rides a old GS500, its what he can afford and Im just happy he can ride with me now. Wouldnt even care if it was a sportster. All Im saying is dont discount the rider for the machine.
p.s. Is this color better for ya moose. Sorry, I wear tinted lenses, Didnt think it was that bright.
tounge.gif

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 07 2007,11:43) ...I dont see many, or any for that matter cross country touring trips on lean forward bikes...
Actually, there was a guy that documented his cross country Busa trip. And the Europeans do 1000-2000 mile trips on their 1000's alot. Check out their mags. Actually, I think one Englishman (can't remember his name) did around the world on an R1...

But anywho. I respect anyone with 2 wheels. I wave at all riders and talk to them given the chance. BUT, it's fun showing the HD guys that think they have the fastest, most comfortable, woman getting bikes what they REALLY have. Example, I had an HD guy try to race me in DC at rolling thunder. I didn't know we were racing till I hear this AWFUL racket at about 35 MPH and notice a HD coming up beside going all out. I twist the throttle, pulled the front up a bit, and was gone... Nuther example, My bud is a die hard HD guy, always giving me crap for my busa. Says I'll never get any with it, blah, blah, blah... So, his Girl walks in and asks who's hot crotch rocket was outside... I looked at him and laughed, cause he had JUST told me the whole "you'll never get any on that crotch rocket" thing 2 minutes before... I then asked her a few questions about her Motorcycle preference, and she said she would NEVER get on a HD... More laughter by me followed.

Simply put, If you respect me and my ride, I'll do the same to you. I like HD's... no plans to own one though. I'd rather a M109 or a Warrior. But, it's a bike. I respect anything with 2 wheels...

Thanks for the color change
wink.gif

I wave to everybody, if they don't wave back...o well have a nice day
all_coholic.gif

Some of the few have given sport bike riders a bad rep...MANY of the "cruiser crowd" choose to take it out on MOST of us
sad.gif

I believe that one of the Board mods Work for a HD Dealership...Any ways been thinking about getting one myself just for riding with some other friends of mine I ride with them now but kinda boring when your on a Busa cruising when you really want to be Flying .To me the main reason for Harley is resale ..And ive been through to many bikes not to know what holds resale value and its not Jap Bikes ...I will never not have a Busa but i do like to cruise just like the next person .
As far as Bashing goes when im on the Busa and I wave at other bikes Harleys just wont wave not all but 99% . They think (most not all ) think because they have a 18,000 dollar motorcycle they are better then anyone else .They not all but most earn the bashing ..
Big question if you was going on a 6000 mile roadtrip which bike would you take
rock.gif
Me it would be a jap bike over a harley anyday wouldnt trust one for a long trip .And i ask myself why do i want one
rock.gif
Answer because I can .....My opinion only .thank You
super.gif

rock.gif

(BusaSamurai @ Apr. 07 2007,12:51) I believe that one of the Board mods Work for a HD Dealership...Any ways been thinking about getting one myself just for riding with some other friends of mine I ride with them now but kinda boring when your on a Busa cruising when you really want to be Flying .To me the main reason for Harley is resale ..And ive been through to many bikes not to know what holds resale value and its not Jap Bikes ...I will never not have a Busa but i do like to cruise just like the next person .
 As far as Bashing goes when im on the Busa and I wave at other bikes Harleys just wont wave not all but 99% . They think (most not all )  think because they have a 18,000 dollar motorcycle they are better then anyone else .They not all but most earn the bashing ..
   Big question if you was going on a 6000 mile roadtrip which bike would you take
rock.gif
Me it would be a jap bike over a harley anyday wouldnt trust one for a long trip .And i ask myself why do i want one
rock.gif
Answer because I can .....My opinion only  .thank You  
super.gif
Revlis...Cycle Barn in Washington, they handle Harley among others
wink.gif

rock.gif

Geez,.... Again I said Most guys get it. Seems like Most everyone who has responded does. And the moron that tried to race a busa with an hd is ....well a moron. Secondly If your trying to pick up chicks it depend on what ride/event/bar your going to. And yes there are real jerk offs that ride both .This site is extremely helpfull and informative. It has saved me a ton of time and answered many questions via seacrhing old topics.

But when I read a topic on to Lower on Not to lower a busa that turned into an anti harley testimonial to set a good example for someones kids I found it to be a wee bit rediculous.
I own both and dont plan on selling Either.

I wave at everyone on 2 wheels. I think I have not been waved back to maybe once or twice....and that could be from their safety concerns.

Respect is earned not a gift.
beerchug.gif

Hey Samuri Thats an easy one For a 6k road trip Id load both bikes in my hauler get a hotel 30 minutes away and take turns enjoying the hell out of both.
Oh, and Yamahor. I know six guys that road from buffalo to sturgis and back personaly. If you think of that one guys name I would love to read his road his roadnotes and get his chiropractors phone number.
tounge.gif

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 07 2007,16:19) Hey Samuri Thats an easy one For a  6k road trip Id load both bikes in my hauler get a hotel 30 minutes away and take turns enjoying the hell out of both.  
Oh, and Yamahor. I know six guys that road from buffalo to sturgis and back personaly. If you think of that one guys name I would love to read his road his roadnotes and get his chiropractors phone number.
tounge.gif
If I come across his name, I'll let ya know bro.
wink.gif

Back