NO! It HAS to be a harley!

Rev,

I am so insulted by your remark! I kept the Busa and bought a Harley. OK a Street Rod. It has the Harley name but that's about it. I can't take it.
jump9.gif

Harley owners (some excluded) JUST DON'T GET IT! They are just shy of brain dead. If that is what she wants, sell it to her. There is no trying to convince some people what reality is.

And if anyone is interested, I have a bridge here for sale. It crosses the river and is begging for a toll booth. You could make your money back in no time. Just make checks payable to cash and send them directly to me....
firedevil.gif

Wait, this isn't a Harley board, that probably won't work.
laugh.gif

Later,

Steve

I sell Nissan's for a living.  
You sell cars for a living and people's stupidity suprises you?
You should be happy, it makes your job easier.......
no.. just more annoying.

right about the time you think the found the bottom of the barrell some podunk shows up with a shovel and says..

"Hey, follow me down this tunnel. Bring a light!"

i didnt' say I wouldn't sell it to her... I'll sell a pinto to a career long destruction derby driver if thats what he's willing to buy.

The only thing that would have made me happier than telling her what a idiot she was would have been to watch her vibrate off into the sunset on the potato-potato machine in her little pink beanie helmet, fringe underwear and weight lifting gloves.

I sell Nissan's for a living.  
You sell cars for a living and people's stupidity suprises you?
You should be happy, it makes your job easier.......
no.. just more annoying.

right about the time you think the found the bottom of the barrell some podunk shows up with a shovel and says..

"Hey, follow me down this tunnel.  Bring a light!"

i didnt' say I wouldn't sell it to her...  I'll sell a pinto to a career long  destruction derby driver if thats what he's willing to buy.

The only thing that would have made me happier than telling her what a idiot she was would have been to watch her vibrate off into the sunset on the potato-potato machine in her little pink beanie helmet, fringe underwear and weight lifting gloves.
Amen to that!  I had a guy the other day come in who annoyed the hell out of me.  We were about to close and he wants to check out a Z.  I'm like okay.  I ask the usual questions, how soon you looking to get one, how much you looking to spend, what amenities are you looking for?  His answers, don't plan on buying one, can't afford one, and what do you mean by amenities?  

So he tries to open the driverside door of every Z we have sitting on the lot.  I came back and said, I thought you weren't planning to buy one.  He said, "Damn can't I just look, can't I just dream, what's with you car salesman?"  I'm at this point offended, first off we're closed by now, we want people off the lot, and I have to wait until he leaves.  

So I say hey, what do you say to the girl at the McDonald's counter after she asks, "How may I help you today?"  He said he orders his food.  I said exactly, I did that earlier and you just shot me down.  So if I can't help you, then you have no business here.  He gets pissy and goes on how he's a doctor and can buy one but he has four kids.  I'm like great, then you can afford one, no need to lie to me.  He said no, I've got four kids.  

By this time, everyone is gone, except for me and my manager.  I finally said fine, here's my card call me one you can afford one.  He then gets in his car and leaves in an older Toyota Camry.  

Now usually Nissan buyers are more mature and sophisticated.  This is one doctor I would never want to touch me.  The ignorant auto consumer buys Hyundai and Kias, which I used to sell.  I wish people didn't pop up on dealership showrooms unless they knew exactly what they wanted or at least had an idea.

<!--EDIT|Sithor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120126988 -->

Amen to that! I had a guy the other day come in who annoyed the hell out of me. We were about to close and he wants to check out a Z. I'm like okay. I ask the usual questions, how soon you looking to get one, how much you looking to spend, what amenities are you looking for? His answers, don't plan on buying one, can't afford one, and what do you mean by amenities?

So he tries to open the driverside door of every Z we have sitting on the lot. I came back and said, I thought you weren't planning to buy one. He said, "Damn can't I just look, can't I just dream, what's with you car salesman?" I'm at this point offended, first off we're closed by now, we want people off the lot, and I have to wait until he leaves.

So I say hey, what do you say to the girl at the McDonald's counter after she asks, "How may I help you today?" He said he orders his food. I said exactly, I did that earlier and you just shot me down. So if I can't help you, then you have no business here. He gets pissy and goes on how he's a doctor and can buy one but he has four kids. I'm like great, then you can afford one, no need to lie to me. He said no, I've got four kids.

By this time, everyone is gone, except for me and my manager. I finally said fine, here's my card call me one you can afford one. He then gets in his car and leaves in an older Toyota Camry.

Now usually Nissan buyers are more mature and sophisticated. This is one doctor I would never want to touch me. The ignorant auto consumer buys Hyundai and Kias, which I used to sell. I wish people didn't pop up on dealership showrooms unless they knew exactly what they wanted or at least had an idea.
He offended a car salesman? OMFG!
tounge.gif

Just kidding.
I tell the salesman the same crap so they won't bug the hell out of me and I can look in peace and quiet.

H-D has got some genius in the marketing department, thats for sure. They make an inferior product, based on ancient technology, and draw on the "Outlaw" image for sales. Their merchandising is second to none. How many people do you know with H-D gear that don't have a bike, let alone a Harley? Their logo is internationally recognized, prolly as readily as Nike, they have moved the brand upscale and downscale at the same time, not an easy accomplishment. I believe the market is close to saturation, you see how well the new ideas they have are recieved. One day everyone that wants a Harley will have one, and then they'll realize what a P.O.S. they've got, and go buy something that actually runs!
One thing I CAN say about Harleys....is that the dealerships I've been to treat you WAYYYYY better than most Jap dealers I've experienced....Go into your local hondasakiyamasuki dealer and see how many bikes they let you test ride....lol.

Our jap dealers and HD dealers let you test ride the bikes, the yamaha dealer tried to get me to test ride a brand new R1, but I said no, I would feel bad beating on someones bike plus I was in tennis shoes. Wyoming is a bit different though. The zook dealer said no hayabusa joyrides but most everything else they allow test rides on.

I own one of each. A Busa and a 1200cc Sportster Custom. The Sportster is really the wife's, but we ride them together all the time.

We call it a "mixed marriage".

And coming from that perspective, this thread is chock-full of some seriously ignorant BS about Harleys - every bit as biased and stupid as anything I ever heard a Harley owner spout.

My perspective is this:

If you're on something with two wheels and a gasoline motor, you are a comrade in my book. I don't care if it's dirt, dual-sport, Goldwings, standards, crotch-rockets or Harleys.

Working in the American automobile industry, I have no idea why anybody in their right mind would go to a Nissan dealer and buy a Japanese pseudo-truck, but hey - that's their business and more power to them. If any of them would like their rear axle ripped out by a full-size Chevrolet K2500 Diesel w/ an Allison, I can arrange it, but I'll keep that opinion to myself in person.

I think the best way to get through life, on both sides of whatever fence we claim to be on, is not to pre-judge someone for a purchase decision they made and then feel that they REALLY REALLY REALLY need to hear our opinion. The better plan is probably to just keep your mouth shut every time that urge exists.

BTW - Our local Harley dealership regularly invites me on their organized rides on my Busa. They know that Harley doesn't offer a machine I want, but that my wife and I are a package deal and they figure we oughta spend more time riding than arguing about the stupid crap evidenced by some of the replies above. They're good folks, are very nice, allow no metric vs. Harley BS, and back their product to the hilt.

<!--EDIT|PacerX
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120189580 -->

I will admit, everytime I've stepped into Dillon Bros. H-D here in Omaha, I'm treated with the upmost respect. I ride in on a metric, and they treat with just as much courtesy. Hell I was even offered straight up cash for my bike from the dealer. They even said they would let me take a V-Rod out for the rest of the day, just to see if I wouldn't mind trading in or buying additional.

I didn't take the offer since I don't have an official MC license, however I will definitely like to rent one for a weekend just for shits and giggles.

I've got a 2002 Busa and a 2005 Harley Dyna and love both for totally different reasons. Got nothing to prove on either of them. If I want to move close to the "edge", I ride the Busa. If I want to completely relax, the Harley's big, lazy power pulses do it for me. Each to his/her own. All things are relative. Being in either camp, Harley or Busa, does not confer superiority upon a rider. It does, however, seem to elicit delusions of superiority from both camps. Universal bikers enjoy it all.  No offense intended toward anyone but, if you're offended, well....too bad.  
cool.gif

Would you harley owners do one thing for me??? PUT YOUR MUFFLERS BACK ON !!!!!!! I'm sorry if i want to hear a biggs lawn mower engine with a fouled plug and burned off muffler i'll go start my own lawn mower....
jump9.gif
ices_rofl.gif
lurk.gif

Would you harley owners do one thing for me??? PUT YOUR MUFFLERS BACK ON !!!!!!! I'm sorry if i want to hear a biggs lawn mower engine with a fouled plug and burned off muffler i'll go start my own  lawn mower....
jump9.gif

ices_rofl.gif

lurk.gif
It's an illness...they just like 'em loud...

I married THAT guy...
laugh.gif

Amen to that!  I had a guy the other day come in who annoyed the hell out of me.  We were about to close and he wants to check out a Z.  I'm like okay.  I ask the usual questions, how soon you looking to get one, how much you looking to spend, what amenities are you looking for?  His answers, don't plan on buying one, can't afford one, and what do you mean by amenities?  

So he tries to open the driverside door of every Z we have sitting on the lot.  I came back and said, I thought you weren't planning to buy one.  He said, "Damn can't I just look, can't I just dream, what's with you car salesman?"  I'm at this point offended, first off we're closed by now, we want people off the lot, and I have to wait until he leaves.  

So I say hey, what do you say to the girl at the McDonald's counter after she asks, "How may I help you today?"  He said he orders his food.  I said exactly, I did that earlier and you just shot me down.  So if I can't help you, then you have no business here.  He gets pissy and goes on how he's a doctor and can buy one but he has four kids.  I'm like great, then you can afford one, no need to lie to me.  He said no, I've got four kids.  

By this time, everyone is gone, except for me and my manager.  I finally said fine, here's my card call me one you can afford one.  He then gets in his car and leaves in an older Toyota Camry.  

Now usually Nissan buyers are more mature and sophisticated.  This is one doctor I would never want to touch me.  The ignorant auto consumer buys Hyundai and Kias, which I used to sell.  I wish people didn't pop up on dealership showrooms unless they knew exactly what they wanted or at least had an idea.
tounge.gif

Just kidding.
I tell the salesman the same crap so they won't bug the hell out of me and I can look in peace and quiet.
we are still gonna bug ya.. haha thats what we get paid to do.. and personally.. we know your full of crap or you wouldn't be there 99% of the time.

Besides.. everytime I've ever just said. I'll get out of your way so you can look.. i get 5 feet away and you (the customer) starts asking me something anyway.

We're here to help.. we know more than you.. trust me!.. haha we can help.

Would you harley owners do one thing for me??? PUT YOUR MUFFLERS BACK ON !!!!!!! I'm sorry if i want to hear a biggs lawn mower engine with a fouled plug and burned off muffler i'll go start my own  lawn mower....
jump9.gif

ices_rofl.gif

lurk.gif
That I certainly agree with.

I have a friend whose Harley is so loud that he rides with earplugs.

If you have to wear earplugs on your own motorcycle, it's too damned loud.

tounge.gif

Just kidding.
we are still gonna bug ya.. haha thats what we get paid to do.. and personally..  we know your full of crap or you wouldn't be there 99% of the time.

Besides..  everytime I've ever just said. I'll get out of your way so you can look..  i get 5 feet away and you (the customer) starts asking me something anyway.

I love how you said we know more than them cause I always do get the customer who act like they do know more than me, so then I have to go out of my way to prove them wrong. I just hate doing that, cause most of the time their pride is destroyed and they don't end up buying.

I will have to say that I have dealt with salesman myself who don't know jack #### about their product. I myself love shopping for bikes and car alike and always run into idiot salesman. If you're going to sell something be proud of your product and know about it.

Okay, YOU, in particular might know more than the average customer, but I've met some amazingly stupid car sales people. There was one that told me a drop-top mustang handled better than the hardtop because it weighs more.
My mother-in-law sells Fords, Dodges and Jeeps, she thinks that a stock Viper will beat my Busa...........
you're not there to help, you're there to make a living.......

I've got a 2002 Busa and a 2005 Harley Dyna and love both for totally different reasons. Got nothing to prove on either of them. If I want to move close to the "edge", I ride the Busa. If I want to completely relax, the Harley's big, lazy power pulses do it for me. Each to his/her own. All things are relative. Being in either camp, Harley or Busa, does not confer superiority upon a rider. It does, however, seem to elicit delusions of superiority from both camps. Universal bikers enjoy it all.  No offense intended toward anyone but, if you're offended, well....too bad.  
cool.gif
Have both and they are the best of both worlds. I appreciate both bikes for what they are. I like both bikes more because of the other one. The Harley is no Busa and the Busa is not a Harley. People comment on both bikes every time I get gas. I like to wear my Harley jacket on my Busa it makes people freak out and makes me laugh.

Both bikes serve different purposes. Hence why I have both.

So I guess the general consensus is that there are idiots in both camps, screwing it up for everyone. Growing up in a motorcycle family I never saw any sort of attitude from Honda to Harley or otherwise. I mean we all looked sideways at the BMW's and I still do, but mostly cause they look like they are scowling back.

All Hype aside, I do get tired of the HD folks walking around like they are somehow "Special". You know? Like they should get some sorta respect for buying an Image instead of a bike... This is something I don't normally see in the Metric folks but is worn on the sleaves of many of the HD riders. It's kinda funny...

Oh and just for the record, I'll pull over and help anyone, HD or otherwise. May not be able to do much other than offer a phone but I'll stop. Even if they bug the heck outta me, they are still out on two wheels and that counts. I wave at everyone, and I am polite to everyone everybody gets a fair shot.

Back