hardcore harley fanatic

Most of them won't even look at me if I'm on the busa, but the one's who do say something have all had good things to say. I see why it pisses you off, though, it takes a real scumbag to come to you as a total stranger and give total disrespect by saying something negative about your bike. It's the same as saying F-you IMO....don't worry these people will one day say it to the wrong person.

I feel like its my duty to make the sorry bastard that starts the H-D vs/import conversation feel like s*** to make sure that he doen't open his mouth again.
Good gawd people, grow the hell up.

Bottom line is, motorcycles are fun. Some people buy them for pure enjoyment, some buy them for other reasons. Why waste time making people feel like poop about something they love?

The only thing that makes me happier than looking out my garage, is hopping on one of them and riding...

<!--EDIT|LCW
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088871581 -->

DSCN0881.JPG

Potato, potato, potato, potato, bamm, bang, pop-pop, potato, potato, potato.....
wink.gif

LCW - I am grown up. I'm 33 years old, 5' 10", and 270 pounds. I had a Harley and it was a piece of junk. By the way, is that an S&S carb under that S&S air filter?

there is an article here somewhere "why Harleys are not real motorcycles" that explains it all..

My personal comment on "hard-core-harley-riders-behavior" is as follows; a month ago, it just so happenned and I "blended-in" a group of Belgian Harley riders, completely unintentionally (actually, I was going slower than a fat lizard and STILL I had to be faster than them..) on the mountain roads of Delphi in Greece.. Seems the guys were looking for Delphi (the archaeological site) but passed over by mistake and were quite lost.. I approached what appeared to be the "leader" of the bunch (yes, they do have things like that..) and waved - nothing.. shouted "hello" - nothing.. lights, horn - nothing still.. finally, I shouted to him "IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR DELPHI, IT'S BEHIND YOU!".. and he goes "hmm..".. I then go "are you from Belgium?" (I saw the plates..) and I got no reply.. They all stopped, turned their backs on me and started going the opposite direction. That's it, no thanks, no nothing.

I think this is crappy motorcycle behaviour, and I 've seen better from people driving just about anything that moves on the streets..

There HAS to be an ego problem coming "installed" in this motorcycle. Everything else is extra. Including good manners..

LCW - I am grown up. I'm 33 years old, 5' 10", and 270 pounds. I had a Harley and it was a piece of junk. By the way, is that an S&S carb under that S&S air filter?
I'm 33 too. Stating that you like making people feel like poop for what they choose to ride is, IMHO, childish. Maybe that's just typical sportbiker attitude. Owning and riding both, I get it from both sides, but generally, the Harley riders have owned Jap or Euro bikes before, and like talking about motorcycles (minus the RUBs, which there are plenty of). Sport bikers on the other hand tend to scoff at anthing that doesn't do 100mph in 1st gear. Myself, I like talking about all of 'em, and don't feel the need to put others down for what they ride, or how they think a bike should work.

Yes, my S&S motor came with an S&S carb. Your point? Maybe I should put a Mikuni on it and have it dyno tuned to extract every last HP and have a neat power/torque curve to feel good about, but riding and tinkering with it is more fun. I've learned a lot, and continue to learn, riding and working on my bikes. Motorcycles are fun.

There HAS to be an ego problem coming "installed" in this motorcycle. Everything else is extra. Including good manners..
That's just ridiculous. I've had experiences on both sides of the coin. Snobbed-out by Harley riders, even while riding a Harley, and ALWAYS scoffed at by sport bikers when riding my Harley.

Boils down to good people vs. a**holes. And a**holes ride sportbikes too.

As long as you have good people on a bike a bike is a bike is a bike. I have been on them all. Including choppers before they became NeuVue

a buddy of mine asked me why i didnt get a harley, I told him that I needed to get a bike reliable enough to come and get him when his breaks down or rattles apart.. was good for a laugh and to be honest he has grown to like the busa alot... the people who hate all jap bikes are the close minded type who probably just do it missionary style... to each their own...

I noticed on another post that the Buell pegs were made in Taiwan, if many of the Harley parts have foreign origin also, what is the difference between theirs and mine, my came in a crate strait to Lakeland Florida where is was assembled by someone in my own hometown. How's that for American. I think they are jealous that our women look better than theirs.

I think it's a set in their ways thing too. It's unlikely any of these hardcore HD guys drive a Japanese vehicle either, they still remember when the Japanese vehicles and bikes were crap, (60's and 70's), they just haven't bothered to check into the new vehicles and realize they are fantastic.

What I do is this. If they (HD riders) don't wave back when I flip them a wave then I flip them something else, secure in the knowledge that they can never catch me if they get pissed off.

Actually I'm kidding. I don't even bother to wave at Harley riders anymore. I'm just always left hanging. So much so, my wife who was following me in our car one day asked why no one ever waves back at me.

I took the busa for a ride yesterday. Saw several sport bikes and a few cruisers/Harleys. Waved at all of 'em (cept when I was payin attention to potential cage surprises). Only thing I got back was a nod from a longbeard on a Harley. That's just how it works out. I don't give a gnat's ass if they wave or not. It's like the MSF instructor told us: "Always wave"

My addendum: "Quick f**king whining when they don't wave back"

Sheesh.

Back