Top 10 reasons why harley rider's don't wave

jigisup

Registered
Top 10 Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave at Other Motorcyclists.

10) They're way too cool to acknowledge any non-Harley riders.
9) They're too busy daydreaming about owning a real motorcycle.
8) Their engine is too weak to handle the added wind resistance of a waving hand.
7) The Rottie (in back of the pickup truck with the tied down Harley) is easily upset by rapid hand movements.
6) Are you kidding? Risk their lives trying to control a Harley with just one hand!
5) They're too busy humming "Born to be Wild" while fantasizing about being Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper.
4) They're too busy figuring out how to pay for next order of genuine Harley accessories (including the "official" HD calculator needed to add up the cost).
3) If we really have to tell you, you won't understand anyway.
2) They can't see you because their half-shell helmet keeps falling down over their eyes.
1) They think we are actually trying to draw their attention to the parts falling off their bikes, and they are sick and tired of it.

i have 2 Harleys , i always wave to all 2 wheels , i know friends here got Harleys doing the same , it's not too fair to group people especially if a bike rider , love all 2 wheel riders , we need that
smile.gif

i have 2 Harleys , i always wave to all 2 wheels , i know friends here got Harleys doing the same , it's not too fair to group people especially if a bike rider , love all 2 wheel riders , we need that
smile.gif
Don't misjudge what I said. I'm was only refering to those who look directly at my hand and brush me off.

2 years worth of waves at HD riders and I can honestly say not a single one had ever waved back. I no longer bother.

BTW ... I know you weren't speaking directly towards my comment but I just wanted to clarify it to all.

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149276183 -->

i had a 05 vrod before i got the hayabusa, most riders waved when i rode , but i will say that the ones that did not wave were 99 percent on harley baggers. some do not consider the vrod to be a true harley.

no misjudge , just want to add some comments as you wrote i wasn't speaking directly towards your comment
afro.gif

Many wave, some do not...I like watching the guys that you can just tell are thinking "did I just get waved to by a chick on a Busa?"
laugh.gif

you might want to check out my post.. 2006 Charleybusa

if ya want to look like them and but have your choice of engine...

Yall aren't very sympathetic around here! Did it ever occur to yall that they might not wave because they got arthritis?

Or maybe carpels tunnels?

Or maybe even alzeheimers? Heck they might have just forgot to wave!!!

Yall are all gonna be old one day wait and see!
tounge.gif

I love the way simple meaningless jokes get turned into a huge ordeal on this forum. Its like when I was a kid and I used to fight with my sisters. One little poke at them and it turned to an all out war of 3 girls against me.

It's only jokes guys, just laugh along and have some fun.

PS: I wave at all 2 wheels and most wave back but there are a select group that won't wave unless you roll with their clique. This is the case with all motorcycle categories.

super.gif

I love the way simple meaningless jokes get turned into a huge ordeal on this forum. Its like when I was a kid and I used to fight with my sisters. One little poke at them and it turned to an all out war of 3 girls against me.

It's only jokes guys, just laugh along and have some fun.

PS: I wave at all 2 wheels and most wave back but there are a select group that won't wave unless you roll with their clique. This is the case with all motorcycle categories.

super.gif
+1 on all of that.

Most Harley guys wave around here. Maybe they're just wanna-be's!

--Wag--

Hilarious thread!!!

First thing I noticed when I bought / rode the Busa was that I was outta the club.... No more waves from HD riders....

If I'm stopped at a signal and they putter by I usually just do the hands up and bow to them motion, they obviously live further up the hierarchy than I do so I might as bow eh?
Oh, then I run them down and pass them (and wave in the rearview) OR just ride beside them like we are boon buddies!

I ride both and have found sportbike as well as HD riders to keep to their own.. it is funny to see people that have waved at me when I am on one but wont wave if I am on the other..... to qoute a great pugilist "thats ludicrous"

I once saw a very interesting tv show about the perceptions of time and space by different creatures. For example to a Hummingbird everything happening around them is in slow motion. The same for flies. They see you try to swat them and they simply fly out of the way since to them you are moving in slow motion.......but to a turtle most everything is flying by them at the speed of sound. They don't have time to react to most situations. I think most Harley riders have the reflexes of turtles. They may wave to you but you are already a mile or two down the road
laugh.gif

Back