funny story

boosted

Registered
I have a friend who only rides harleys. He hates jap bikes{he's never ridden one except a dirt bike} He lost a bet to me and had to ride my BUSA for one hour around the countryside. I rode his HARLEY.
pissed.gif
Well he just sold his harley and is going to get a new 08. He never realized how smooth and powerful a bike could be. I never realized how slow, heavy, shakes, vibrates, and cannot handle a bike could be. Have any of you'all ever ridden a harley? Why would anyone pay 20,000$ for that piece of sh***.

Rode a friends Harley a couple of times, I was laughing so hard I didn't even notice how it rode !!! It was a good looking bike though, FOR A HARLEY.

My first motorcycle was a Harley and I loved it, but like your friend, once I rode my Busa I honestly couldn't believe I'd loved the HD so much...it honestly felt like a bucket of bolts (no offense to the HD owners out there because we have a lot on here)...there's just no comparing the two, IMHO...

Hubby's a die-hard Harley fan, but he enjoys a ride on my Busa every now and again...

Great story about your buddy...
laugh.gif

Sounds like YOU lost the bet if you had to let some one else ride your bike.

I work with alot of guys that pay 20k.And the majority of it is "hey look at me I'm special I have a hardley"I do not get the price tag on them.But then again we are in a world where people thinks it has to be better cause it cost more.And peer pressure to some,afraid of what others will think.
And with others,love is blind.
laugh.gif

Thats awesome, I'd never get a Harley, I was in the market for a cruiser it would either be a zook or a Yamaha.

You know what guys I still own my Harley and I love It!!!!!!
Don't get me wrong I love My Busa just as much.
O.k. maybe your friends bike was a rattle trap which some bikes are.
My Softail rides smooth and is comfortable. Granted it doesn't have the speed or won't take corners like the Busa but it's not supposed to either.
If I want to go for a nice leisurely putt around town I pull the Harley out on the other hand If I want to show off a little I take my bad boy (Busa) for a ride. All I'm trying to say is that sometimes I feel like you guys are bashers, where I just love to ride and I don't care what the other guy has let's ride........ I'm sure everyone has a reason why they own a specific brand or model of motorcycle.  To each his own.............

IMG_0008.JPG

I never knew what I was missing until I bought my Hayabusa and it gets harder and harder to want to ride the Harley.

To each their own, though. It'd be a mighty boring place if everyone rode the same bike be it a Harley, Hayabusa or anything else for that matter.

A few of the Harley guys I ride with are already looking at different bikes - Triumph, Goldwing, BMW, Suzuki, whatever. Take a chance and let your friends try a Hayabusa. You'll change their perceptions forever.

Now that I have ridden my Busa, the only other bike I am considering is a track bike. that is a tougher decision than it sounds, there are some cost be damned options out there like the 1098, or a more reasonably priced quality 600. that Triumph 675 is looking pretty good too. But to add something to the stable that I am paying my hard earned money for, well, lets just say that the dang thing better go around corners!

cruisers are nice also. I will take my VTX over a harley any day. I grew up on harleys and enjoy them but my VTX has everything the harley does not. It is slow compared to my Busa, but both are Pearl lime green.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

Each bike has a purpose... use the Harley for cruising chicks... use the Busa for taking what little pride their boyfriends have left.

(boosted @ Aug. 15 2007,06:50) Have any of you'all ever ridden a harley? Why would anyone pay 20,000$ for that piece of sh***.
Because of the name and the image..................................Marketing Geniuses.

(J.Busa @ Aug. 15 2007,15:26)
(boosted @ Aug. 15 2007,06:50) Have any of you'all ever ridden a harley? Why would anyone pay 20,000$ for that piece of sh***.
Because of the name and the image..................................Marketing Geniuses.
That is a true statement

(hayadooin @ Aug. 15 2007,13:00) ****
Very nice! That a Deuce?

I had an 03 Softtail Nighttrain for a while - it was a cool ride. I only lost a couple hundred bucks after owning it a little over a year.

Don't mind the haters, I'd say you've got it pretty good with those two bikes in the garage.

(SnapAttack @ Aug. 15 2007,11:46) Each bike has a purpose... use the Harley for cruising chicks... use the Busa for taking what little pride their boyfriends have left.
ROFL..... Thats what I'm talkin about.......

bowdown.gif

I've ridden my brother-in-law Heritage Softail a couple of times. Here in Spain they are not so common, so it's fun to look the part (american outlaw, Terminator, whatever). The inside grin (outside you outta put a stiff face) disappears when you arrive to the first corner and the thing refuses to slow down with the front brake and turn...

Back