Ride pics 9/02 Ran into some cool bikes.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Couple of pics from my ride yesterday , I rode hwy 20 for the umteenth time this season. I ran into a few cool bikes along the way.

I normally dont like Harleys or their riders but this was an exception.
This is a sweet lookin' Harley that I would not be ashamed to ride around.
This was an old school rider who actually could ride his bike and he did.  He was nearly deaf so we yelled a conversation and it was a good one.  This dood was cool and encounters like this renew my enthusiasm for riding even more.
The first thing I told him is that I normally dont like Harleys but I though his was bad ass.  He told me about all his buddies that hate Jap bikes the same way and he says how he has to remind them that most of them started out on Jap bikes so dont knock em'.  
Ive ran into and ridden with real Harley riders before but not very many.   Just because they have a beard and tattoos and sport an old school Haryley dont mean $hit ...real Harley rider are just bike enthusiasts who love to fvcking ride.

Before the ride I stopped off at my local Suzuki dealership and Steve Baker (former Moto GP champ) brought in a bad ass bike to work.  Ive never seen one but it is bad, I might ask him if I can ride it sometime.
Its a Suzuki RG500  2 STROKE!
smile.gif
 350lbs and over 100hp!

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125761028 -->

Oh and I rode my Busa for the first time 2 up....I gotta say it was very fun.  The passenger slowed me down very little.

The Busa is excellent for 2 up, she did complain  of a soar but and arms/shoulders.

Any tips you 2up riders can offer to help make it a better ride for the passengers?  She is just over 5' and light so not big at all.

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125761565 -->

Great Pics Man.......
And I ride with Harleys all the time........Dozens!
We all just love to ride.
And about the RG-500........
My first street bike was the Yamaha RD-400 Daytona Special 2 cyl. 2 stroke.
329 lbs. and fast.......It taught me how to ride!

BentV.....yo, awesome pics. Some dem' Hogs are really nice. Great pics. Thanks. BTW...I 2 up all the time. My girlfriend or my son....we hit the twisties , its a blast. They love it. My girlfriend asks at least 3-4 times a week to go riding.

Great pics ... I also ride 2up a lot these days. The Tobin rear seat is very comfy for her, but I've heard that the Corbin with backrest is even better. Sore arms/shoulders? ... sounds like she needs to relax back there
smile.gif

Great pics! Love the scenery. Sounds like a very nice ride. Like DJ said, Tobin seat will help and the Corbin backrest will be even better because of the backrest.

Great pics BV! I want to do hywy 20 again....I'm jealous!

Oh and I rode my Busa for the first time 2 up....I gotta say it was very fun.  The passenger slowed me down very little.

The Busa is excellent for 2 up, she did complain  of a soar but and arms/shoulders.

Any tips you 2up riders can offer to help make it a better ride for the passengers?  She is just over 5' and light so not big at all.
Corbin seat with backrest will help.

Corbin rear seat and you will never hear of it again. Her sore muscles are just a matter of getting used to riding. THe back rest is nice too, I will not ride without it when my duaghter is on the bike.
smile.gif

Nice pics! I love Hwy 20, definatetly one of my favorite rides to take. Gonna have to hit it one more time before the crappy weather hits and closes the pass for the winter.

Back