funny story

I don't know. I personally have no inclination to ride one, but that may just be me. At 30 years old (just this past monday) I feel like I still have plenty of time for the Harley thing down the road. I already sold my Bandit and my VTX because I simply didn't ride them anymore, so there is no need for me to have another bike right now.

There are lots of bikes I love, and Harleys are not out of the running, just out of the running right now.

I had not ridden bikes for a few years and when I started back a couple of years ago I bought a Harley fatboy.  It was a beautiful bike, but one day when I had to make an emergency stop for someone running a red light the bike wanted to keep going through the intersection; it was just too heavy to stop quickly.

I sold it shortly thereafter and test drove a busa and it was an easy decision; this is the bike to get.  
bowdown.gif

Took a few demo rides in Daytona a few years back, just to see what the hype was all about. Wasn't impressed at all. The comfort factor on a few was good, thats about it. If I want to cruise, I'll take my Max.

I have a buddy that rides HD, and his reason is the lack of self control. If he rode a sport bike, he would ride in tripple digits most of the time. Can't do that with the HD. I can understand his reasoning.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a HD. IMO they are over hyped but the bike itself is fine.  I don't try to bash HD or any other but sometimes I may sound like I'm picking on HD but that is cause of the HD riders, not so much the bike.  Like I have said before, some of the HD riders are cool, other have this superior attitude that HD is the best and all other are crap.  That is usually when the "HD bashing" comes out.  I have ridden a few HD and was not impressed.  The seat was comfortable but that was about it.  I still have my Suzuki Intruder and find it to be a better overall performer.  I think HD biggest problem isn't trying to make a sportier/better bike, its getting riders that aren’t so arrogant to cause other cycle riders to want to bash HD.

JMHO  
smile.gif

(Cerberus @ Aug. 16 2007,14:52) I don't think there is anything wrong with a HD. IMO they are over hyped but the bike itself is fine.  I don't try to bash HD or any other but sometimes I may sound like I'm picking on HD but that is cause of the HD riders, not so much the bike.  Like I have said before, some of the HD riders are cool, other have this superior attitude that HD is the best and all other are crap.  That is usually when the "HD bashing" comes out.  I have ridden a few HD and was not impressed.  The seat was comfortable but that was about it.  I still have my Suzuki Intruder and find it to be a better overall performer.  I think HD biggest problem isn't trying to make a sportier/better bike, its getting riders that aren’t so arrogant to cause other cycle riders to want to bash HD.

JMHO  
smile.gif
well put

(proud dad @ Aug. 16 2007,12:10)
(Cerberus @ Aug. 16 2007,14:52) I don't think there is anything wrong with a HD. IMO they are over hyped but the bike itself is fine.  I don't try to bash HD or any other but sometimes I may sound like I'm picking on HD but that is cause of the HD riders, not so much the bike.  Like I have said before, some of the HD riders are cool, other have this superior attitude that HD is the best and all other are crap.  That is usually when the "HD bashing" comes out.  I have ridden a few HD and was not impressed.  The seat was comfortable but that was about it.  I still have my Suzuki Intruder and find it to be a better overall performer.  I think HD biggest problem isn't trying to make a sportier/better bike, its getting riders that aren’t so arrogant to cause other cycle riders to want to bash HD.

JMHO  
smile.gif
well put
Thank you.

Prime example of what I was talking about before follows (this happened today):

I was talking to a guy here at work and he was explaining how fast his HD DaynaGlide (I think?) is and how he was beating "rice burners" at the track. What he failed to mention and his buddy informed me of was that all the HD were given anywhere from 2 to 5 seconds handicap. That is not a race if you ask me. Again, this guy was just another examle of why HD has a negitave aura with some of us. Its not the bike, its the rider.

I ride my dads roadking, and it is INCREDIBLY smooth and very comfy. I can see where you are getting at though, I rode my moms sportster and that thing will shake the youth right out of you. By the end of the ride your skin will be leathery and wrinkly.

Funny, just rode a Harley last week, I thought it was pretty cool. Enough so to stop at the Harley shop today......21,500 for an 08?
Took the Busa for a ride and I like em both, the 20k price tag has got me thinking used.....
HD are fun for crusing and taking in the sights, a Busa (for me) is fast and focused, meaning I have a hard time riding the thing slow.
Again I love them both!

Back