hardcore harley fanatic

pphouayvongsa

Registered
I was riding my busa to work minding my own business and came to a stop light, all of a sudden, some jackass screeming out of his lung, "YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A HARLEY"! Dam!, that just gets on my last nerve. Why are they hating? Are they just plain pist off cause harley can't do what japs bike can do. "Please someone, help me understand, because this happen to me all the time.

Many HD riders are older and set in their ways.
For some reason they hold on to this idea of HD being an American bike (American owned but most of the parts are made overseas or Mexico) and therefore being better. They also think that they are individuals because they ride an HD but with the exception of the very few that can afford a custom chopper they are really all just cookie cutter, run of the mill everyday plain Harleys. And we really should not call a hand made chopper a Harley anyway, because it isn’t.

My only advice is to not let people like HD guys get under your skin.
I mean after all now embarrassing it must be to of spent thousands of dollars to make you HD fast and it is still so much slower than any sport bike.

For me......I ride both.....I have a 72 XL.
But no matter what I am on I always know that bikers of all types share the same roads and we all have to watch our own arses from the cages.

like I tell everyone...Jap is where it's at! If I ever was going to buy American, it wouldn't be HD. Everyone has one! I would check into a Victory or custom bike

Actually, if I was looking at a cruiser it would be the new Vulcan 2000. Those things are bad ass looking bikes!

I was riding my busa to work minding my own business and came to a stop light, all of a sudden, some jackass screeming out of his lung, "YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A HARLEY"! Dam!, that just gets on my last nerve.  Why are they hating? Are they just plain pist off cause harley can't do what japs bike can do.  "Please someone, help me understand, because this happen to me all the time.
because japanese built the hayabusa. if the bus was built by europeans i.e., germans, italians, etc. we wouldn't have this topic. it's sad but hatred and racism is still strong and alive in 2004 in the greatest country in the world. what's worst is some of those haters actually own products made by japanese or people with a different skin color than theirs and the products includes bikes because deep down they know the quality of those products are superior.

Exactly....not made in the US...assembled. If I wanted a cruiser, I would get a Jap-more reliable,liquid cooled, more hp, and put the other 10-15k in my pocket instead of on a harley sticker.
We love our bikes and that's why we bought them-no explanation nessesary!
My favorite reply is that my wife isn't fat and nasty enough to ride on the back like yours! Always a crowd pleaser!

lol i like it when they do that .at least they know im there.extra benifit of the busa .its badass and there aint nothing they can do about it.cause they are king of the lot and im king of the street!

Oh Gawd, last night we had the wave thread, now we have the "why do HD people hate us" thread. Sound like a buncha women. I will bet $100 that the person who yelled "shoulda bought a harley" DOESN'T EVEN RIDE A MOTORCYCLE.

I ride both (HD and two suzi's). It tickles me to pull up next to an HD on my SV or busa, cuz I know either the guy/gal will be thinking "howdy, nice ride", or "who do you think you are?". Either way, I'm riding, s/he's riding, and I probably won't ever see him/her again. Ten seconds after the light changes, I'm back to ridin. Give it up. Ride.

I know what you are talking about; I have the Busa and Vrod. If I'm on the Vrod the HD people will wave, I then take it home get on the Busa and I turn invisible.

I think it really depends on the guy. I have come across alot of harley guys at stop lights and they comment on the nice lines of the busa. But then again my dad being the Harley man he is said he would give me his soft tail if I traded my Busa in. I laughed and reminded him I own the #1 bike on the 7 wonders of motorcycles. Since I have seen that show I have given him hell about my bike and the fact he got beat by a damn Honda 50. Anyway I think its all in the guy on the other bike.

Most HD owners I have met know of the Busa and have nothing but respect for it. The other day riding with my daughter on the back, I see in the rear view mirror an HD weaving in and out of cars trying to get up to me. I am thinking great, this turd ball is going to F with me while my daughter is on the bike and I can't play. Well, he got up beside me and gave me the thumbs up! He knew what it was and showed some respect.
smile.gif

Try riding the Busa with a leather Harley coat on! Oh, the looks and comments...everything from "hey, wrong coat" to "nope...WRONG BIKE!"

I still have my Harley, and I truly revel in the fact that I can say without skipping a beat, "I own a Harley too...it's for sale..." I might just keep it for that benefit alone!
laugh.gif

I'll always love that I can say I started with a Harley, then UPGRADED to the Busa...
tounge.gif

My advice...let it ride...don't let it get to you, and if you feel the need to point out why you bought your Busa, just ask how much they've put in to their ride...tachometer, clock (yep, H-D sells little tiny clocks for the motorcycles), bags for storage, gas gauge, oil gauge, etc...then point out that your Busa already came with that stuff, and it cost a lot less...
cool.gif

I have found that many of the hard core Harley guys (some of which are on this site) really do like the Busa...it's the "poser" H-D guys that bought one because mid-life is getting to them (or they just really love the H-D clothing line) that seem to run their mouths more...

My husband's hard-core Harley, but he steals my Busa whenever he can, and he brags about it to anyone that asks...
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I just smile and say you are right.

1.  Like to spend twice as much and get as little as half as much.
2.  True I should buy a harley so I can go 6 seconds less in the 1/4
3.  True, I would love to do top end racing with a Harley, I could save runs  since the other bikes would lap me.
4.  I for sure would be wearing my t-shirt that says "Get a real bike you F'n Pussy."  The shirt is real popular around Harley guys.
biggrin.gif

5.  The all time. Smile and say. "I respect your bike for what it is."

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088786493 -->

Just a product of ingnorance (whether intentional or not) as it relates to non Harley bikes. Some guys play into it and are really joking, but alot really look down on non HD owners. This has been discussed in other threads as to how HD owners act like they don't see you waving. To each his own bro, just keep ridin it like ya stole it as long as you're happy forget the "opinions".

BD

I've also learned to place more value on those that have owned both. Makes the point more valid and less skewed if ya know what I mean. Same thing with those that have riddne Busas, 12s, and liter bikes can truely comment on the pros & cons of them all. My .02

BD

I just point to the carb.  Every Harley in the last 30 years has come from the factory with either a Mikuni or Keihin carb.  Both are Japanese companies.  I usually comment that it's sad that "The Motor Company" can't even make a decent carb.

And what about the retards that have switched those carbs for an S&S carb?  Why would you take a mechanical slide or constant velocity carb off and put a fixed venturi on?  Probably because they don't know anything about bikes, and if that is the case, they probably don't realize all of the other foreign stuff their bike has on it.

I feel like its my duty to make the sorry bastard that starts the H-D vs/import conversation feel like s*** to make sure that he doen't open his mouth again.

It's all about the person on the bike.  I'm the only sport bike of any kind in my group of buddies that rides.  All but one have a harley and the other is a yamaha cruiser....we could all care less.  I respect their bikes for what they are and they do the same for me...and of course they get the hell out of the way in the canyons!
biggrin.gif
 But it all boils down to the fact that we are all out to ride and we don't really care what the other guy is on as long as it's rolling.

I sometimes just feel badly for the harley guys....you pull up next to them and they look like "check out my bike"  and I just want to say...."yeah, saw 30 of them back at the last light."
wow.gif

To each his (or her) own...

i know of a few harley guys that have sold them and bought jap bikes one bought the busa.,. damn guy has to much money on his hands.. carbon fiber wheels, brembo brakes, ohlins forks and shock, hes getting tobin front and rear seats..

like they say u spend soooo much money to mod them for performance and dont get crap out of it. where the jap bikes are a blast right out of the box at the fraction of the price.

Back