Top 10 reasons why harley rider's don't wave

ppfffffffffffff!!!!
tounge.gif
nobody out there deals with this more than me-I live in MILWAUKEE WI!!!! and my apartment is 5 min. from a Harley dealership!
when I ride, I try to give Harley guys a chance to 'notice' me, then if it looks like they've made eye contact, I wave and wait for return wave...which happens, oh, .001% of the time!
They normally just look on, turn their heads, or give me a silly look. I barely can get their attention at stoplights! Other sportbikes show big love, all the time...even Italians give me props.

I go to a bike 'hangout' on tues every week if weather permits, and the parking lot is a lot like the playground when we were 14....all the Harleys and touring bikes in front, sprawled out; all the rice rockets in the far back of lot, squeezin together with all their homies tryin to look like the next Ruff Ryders clan:D
biggrin.gif

Sometimes....

Harley riders dont wave.
Scooter riders dont wave.
Sportbike riders dont wave.
Truckdrivers dont wave.
Taxi drivers/passengers dont wave.
Bus drivers don't wave.

Oh well....who gives a fug.

I thought they were all busy looking down at the oil leak
+1

When I first got the bike i was shocked to get waves from cruisers. Seems lately the love is few and far between. Maybe they were wavin because it was spring and they was excited to actually be on the road.

My wife rides a 1100 V-Star (Harley-wanna-be) so I let her ride in front. That way when the Harley's wave at her because they think it's a Harley I wave back. I just know their thinking how can I take that wave back.

My wife rides a 1100 V-Star (Harley-wanna-be) so I let her ride in front.  That way when the Harley's wave at her because they think it's a Harley I wave back.  I just know their thinking how can I take that wave back.
laugh.gif
They must really get pissed at themelves when they realize they waved at a V-Star (not a *real* motorcycle!)
tounge.gif

Plus, don't they assume all women ride sportsters (aka the "girlie bike")!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Gave everyone the wave, but, not unexpectedly, only H-D riders didn't return them. So I gave up on H-D riders. I'll return one, but that's it.

I gave up waving at cruisers for their own safety. They just keep looking straight ahead. Give them the down low waive  - you know the one, at knee level, the really, really cool waive that we do - and there's no way they can do the same thing without throwing thier bike off balance.

Acceptance is the key here... when we as a group accept that it's not truly their fault that they're not waiving back, and not because they don't like us, but simply because they cannot afford any more repair bills from the resulting crash.

Now, the four fingered waive with the palm and thumb still on the grip, the one we use as a very-last-second waive... that would cause very little wind resistance on their part. Maybe, just maybe that one would work. With a little help and compassion, we could all be "EQUALS ON THE ROAD OF LIFE".

<!--EDIT|BigGeorge
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149302317 -->

Hey don't make Harley jokes. In another 100 years, they just may be able to make that V-twin engine reliable, and then we will all be so jealous!
rock.gif

i wave to everyone...and around here...i would acknowledge 80-90 percent wave back no matter what they are rideing!!!!

Yall aren't very sympathetic around here! Did it ever occur to yall that they might not wave because they got arthritis?

Or maybe carpels tunnels?

Or maybe even alzeheimers? Heck they might have just forgot to wave!!!

Yall are all gonna be old one day wait and see!
tounge.gif
Hell I'm old, but that doesn't keep me from riding a busa!
biggrin.gif

smileyexhibit.gif

Sometimes....

Harley riders dont wave.
Scooter riders dont wave.
Sportbike riders dont wave.
Truckdrivers dont wave.
Taxi drivers/passengers dont wave.
Bus drivers don't wave.

Oh well....who gives a fug.
I know i'm a biker because I wave at bikes even when i'm in my car!

And RSD, you better use ALL of your fingers when you wave at me damn it!!

Back