HARLEY

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
i bought my 1st busa on may 1st-first sport bike ever.
well- i came from a background of Harleys from clubs
to when they refused service at nice restaurants "back
in the day". the Harley scene was way different back
then- a "brotherhood" if you will. well heres the thing:
i currently own a 02 Electraglide and put a 97 Ultra
sidecar on it last year. i have 42000 miles on it and my
wife and i did an 1800 mile trip last year. i loved my
Harley and had no problems with the twin-cam unlike
the shovelheads of old. thing is-since i bought the busa
it's not fun like b4. everyone likes the sidecar rig and it puts a lot of smiles on peoples faces and i can cruise at
40 MPH and have a good time with my wife and son with
me. the BUSA has ruined me as when i ride my Harley now i feel like i'm riding an ol' tractor and the BUSA a Lambourghini! i have been thinking of selling the Harley
and buying another bike as i can get almost what i paid
for it with sidecar and all. something like a triumph speed triple or FZ1. now that i have been exsposed to
the performance of these bikes-i'm hooked! i could sell the harley and buy a hot naked bike and put money in the bank to boot. BUT- to replace a Harley rig like i have it would cost about $30000. times change-i'm 60 years
old,shaved head,tattoos from wrist to sholders,and back. my Harley buddies think i have lost my mind when they see me on my new BUSA,full face helmet,and joe rocket jacket but what they don't see is the smile from ear to ear when i'm riding the BUSA. or- i could sell the Harley and buy the new 08 in black & orange Harley colors just for spite! have 2 busas= GEN I & GEN II. what do you think? should i sell the Harley?
lurk.gif

(shortcut @ Jul. 28 2007,14:21) i bought my 1st busa on may 1st-first sport bike ever.
well- i came from a background of Harleys from clubs
to when they refused service at nice restaurants "back
in the day". the Harley scene was way different back
then- a "brotherhood" if you will. well heres the thing:
i currently own a 02 Electraglide and put a 97 Ultra
sidecar on it last year. i have 42000 miles on it and my
wife and i did an 1800 mile trip last year. i loved my
Harley and had no problems with the twin-cam unlike
the shovelheads of old. thing is-since i bought the busa
it's not fun like b4. everyone likes the sidecar rig and it puts a lot of smiles on peoples faces and i can cruise at
40 MPH and have a good time with my wife and son with
me. the BUSA has ruined me as when i ride my Harley now i feel like i'm riding an ol' tractor and the BUSA a Lambourghini! i have been thinking of selling the Harley
and buying another bike as i can get almost what i paid
for it with sidecar and all. something like a triumph speed triple or FZ1. now that i have been exsposed to
the performance of these bikes-i'm hooked! i could sell the harley and buy a hot naked bike and put money in the bank to boot. BUT- to replace a Harley rig like i have it would cost about $30000. times change-i'm 60 years
old,shaved head,tattoos from wrist to sholders,and back. my Harley buddies think i have lost my mind when they see me on my new BUSA,full face helmet,and joe rocket jacket but what they don't see is the smile from ear to ear when i'm riding the BUSA. or- i could sell the Harley and buy the new 08 in black & orange Harley colors just for spite! have 2 busas= GEN I & GEN  II. what do you think? should i sell the Harley?  
lurk.gif
It's like that girlfriend you had way back in highschool. Let her go so you can move onto better things and just enjoy the fond memories. But today... love the one your with!
beerchug.gif

or just keep the harley for when the wife is with you.or check out the FJR1300 for when the wife is with you.not as powerful as the busa but it is 145hp[at the crank]and has removeable hard bags.lots of choices out there.

Try packing your wife on the back of the Busa. I have three bikes, '61 Pan, '02 Road King Classic and the '06 Busa. Each serves its purpose, the Pan is a classic old school chopper, the RK is for two up touring and the 'Busa is a solo sport bike. Which one do I ride most of the time....the 'Busa of course! But they are all great fun and the '61 Pan is a real head turner.

I agree with dmrowe;I ride a bmw at work;and I love to ride my Road King when I want to "lay back" with Momma.The Busa is when I want to FEEL myself riding;and you can in no way "LAY BACK" on this bike or you will "LAY DOWN".
eek2.gif

I'm sure you can find someone gullible enough to buy the Harldey so you can get a couple more GOOD bikes.
firedevil.gif

(Revvv @ Jul. 28 2007,19:41) I'm sure you can find someone gullible enough to buy the Harldey so you can get a couple more GOOD bikes.  
firedevil.gif
Hey let's keep the hate down;Truth be told if it wasn't for that thing called Harley many of us may not have ever known what a motorcycle is.
SHOCKED.gif

(BadBird @ Jul. 28 2007,17:53)
(Revvv @ Jul. 28 2007,19:41) I'm sure you can find someone gullible enough to buy the Harldey so you can get a couple more GOOD bikes.  
firedevil.gif
Hey let's keep the hate down;Truth be told if it wasn't for that thing called Harley many of us may not have ever known what a motorcycle is.
SHOCKED.gif
+1
wink.gif

that post by "shortcut" describes me to the tee, i'am 57 , i was always on a harley , i got two hd's and an 06 busa, thinking about selling my hd's now, love the busa and will buy an 08 also, i ride by myself cause the hd's can't keep up at all, ..............75 percent of the harleys riders i pass don't wave back at me now

I'm 60 too.  And... I've done the Harley thing too.....   But now I'm on my third Busa.  I still have a Harley in the garage, which I currently trying to sell.  Enjoy your Busa brother.  It don't get any better than that. PS, my second bike is a K7 GSXR 750. Also a great bike.

(dmrowe @ Jul. 28 2007,17:54)
firedevil.gif
SHOCKED.gif
+1  
wink.gif
It was a joke guys.
crazy.gif

I have no hate towards Hardley. I used to sell the things. Now I LOATH them
poke.gif

(Revvv @ Jul. 28 2007,21:58)
firedevil.gif
SHOCKED.gif
+1  
wink.gif
It was a joke guys.  
crazy.gif

poke.gif
OUCH!
AAAssjani.gif

(Revvv @ Jul. 28 2007,19:58)
firedevil.gif
SHOCKED.gif
+1  
wink.gif
It was a joke guys.  
crazy.gif

poke.gif
I like you Revvv...without some s@#t stirring this place can get kinda boring
wink.gif

wink.gif

well at least we all have different ideas bikes are like boats it is hard to get one that does everything so I say soon as you got rid of the harley you'll wish you hadn't i have both myself and you would be giving it away versus what is worth to you!

img_9152.jpg

I'll be 50 in Nov, and also just got my first sports bike (07 Busa) about three weeks ago  
super.gif
.  Up until that time I had ridden cruisers all my life, both Harley's and other metrics, but I can say that I've never experienced the kind of adrenalin rush on a cruiser I've been getting on this Busa  
race.gif
.  But at the same time, I'm still feeling that the Busa is not a bike to ride 2 up on (although that view may change), so for now I've kept my cruiser (Zuki 109) and plan on keeping it as I absolutely love it also - IMHO, the finest cruiser I've ever owned.  As you know, a cruiser is just a completely different ride - my suggestion, keep them both  
beerchug.gif

If I were going to ride a cruiser it would have to be an M109 at this time. It's an impressive bike.

Sell the harley, buy a triumph speed triple (awesome soundtrack) or an R1 (fantastic literbike), or get a BKING! the daddy of naked bikes with a busa motor. Now that would be sweet!

Keep it. I've always had a H/D and some sort of sportbike. Some times you want to cruise and some you want to speed. My wife preffers the sport tourstyle and the H/D but will not get on any of my past and present sportbikes.

Back