Why no 200mph stock???

A 78" (outside diameter) tire (Pirelli Super Corsa 190/55) with stock gearing on the charts (but they use the wrong rpm for limiter) is 201.

But i have an extended ECU for a reason..:D

<!--EDIT|gnd111
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128868212 -->

gnd111- oh how little you know about the "other" side of 150mph....

you see... you're looking at "charts"... I'm talking about real world testing.

Stock gearing Stock tire height = 196mph +/-

ask any Land Speed Guru.
The only Guru's that exist are at Maxton and Bonneville...
cool.gif

The weight isn't exactly the problem. It's getting behind the windscreen for the best aero when the wind travels over the body. That will have more of an effect than an extra 10-20lbs...
wink.gif

I thought I read somewhere the Busa was supposed to have 18T up front but it was dropped to 17T for whatever reason. It also said placing an 18T sprocket up front would correct the speedo.

Would an unrestricted Busa with an 18/40 setup hit the 200mph mark?

Hey Man, get TRE, a PCIIIUSB, and a Good Pipe and maybe go down a tooth or two in the rear... (I dunno if the Busa Will Pull it).  Have the bike tuned properly and given a long enough stretch of empty road you could break 200 MPH.  It's not inconcievable.  I don't think...  Ninja Eater can give you a better answer...

But your Going to need ALOT of room, I have a perfect 8 mile long straight run here, no cross streets, no access, at sea level and although I can peg the speedo within prolly just a mile or so?  (Guessing.)  The bike doesn't actually top out/quit accelerating until prolly a bit under half way.  Don't get hung up about top speed.  It's not that big of deal and it really doesn't prove anything.  Top speed for a given bike, car etc, is simple to achieve, floor it and wait.... But, It's simply a zone where one little miscalculation or one little mechanical hicup could cost you everything...  It's a rush but you can get a much better rush from getting out in the twisties, IMHO anyway.

The other thing that will help is getting yourself down on your bike, and uh make certain it's freshly waxed...
smile.gif
 Here, Read this regarding Busa Aerodynamics.

I think what you might have been looking at is the Maxton runs, where you have 1 mile only to achieve your best speed from a dead stop.  For that, you need some real horsepower.  But given enough room, and a couple of basic mods... It's possible... you'll just need the right conditions, and the right location...  

But why sweat it? 90% of the NON-Bikers out there will allready think it goes 220mph OR Faster, and Half the biker community has better stories about Busa's going by at MACH 2 while they were topped out at 180 then a Busa owner would ever come up with...
So, if I read correctly, it takes you about 4 miles to get that last bit of speed out of your bike? That's a lot of road that better be clear.

If you did the Texas Mile, you'd probably only get 180 to 190 (stock de-restricted)?

I love the WFO straight line speed, but there really are few places you can do it (unless your nuts).

A 78" (outside diameter) tire (Pirelli Super Corsa 190/55) with stock gearing on the charts (but they use the wrong rpm for limiter) is 201.

But i have an extended ECU for a reason..:D
Well, that's changing the story...

the Supercorsa is much taller than the stock tire and it alone will add about 5mph worth of gearing.

So yes, with the Supercorsa and stock gearing you're looking at 201mph on a new tire.

What I think we are all refering to is stock gearing/stock tire circumference....

My busa has a rear 42 tooth with most of the regular ad ons arata full exhaust titanium, power commander,air intake, velocity stacks,tre, and it is tuned to the teeth and on the 9 tenths I am hitting rev limiter on sixth gear at 193.8 on the gps so I am sure that If I go down one more tooth it will be very close to 200mph and it wont take more than 1 1/2 miles to do it.

Big Al - did Sal tune your bike? Please put a whoopin on Phantom next time you are doing 9/10th..

hahaha

gnd, the guy who tuned my bike name is Rick and his shops name is GP cycle. That is Sal's nighmare..The fastest motorcycles downhere come from GP Cycle.

Incorrect... fastest bikes come from TKP/Velocity Racing.

I have yet to see a GP bike that does 220-230+mph in the 9/10th's.

Oh and as for GP being Sal's Nightmare? That's hilarious... the only way Richard and the GP bike's beat Sal is when they are running more mods!!

Everytime Sal hands Richard his ass with the same mods... Richard comes back a week or two later with more mods and beats Sal.

Tell the whole story bro... Richard is an amazing rider and he's got some fast phucking bikes.... but Sal does more with less everytime.

Hell.. look at Rolando's bike that Sal built. Rolando is like 205+ pounds and on his 1363cc Busa with a STREETABLE 13.0:1 Compression ran 207+mph in the 9/10th's... AND THE BIKE ISN"T EVEN FINED TUNED YET!!!

That's a big 200+ pound boy running within 3-4mph of Richard's 155 pound butt on his 1397cc 14.0:1 compression Fully tuned 211mph RACE BIKE.

Put things in perspective bro... that's all I ask. GP puts out some bad azz bikes ... but nobody can squeeze as much MPH out of a bike as Sal.

Oh and if you're only run 193.8mph in the 9/10th's... you won't want to race me when I bring my bike back out there. But you're more than welcome to try. =)

Phantom, I have yet seen one of sal's bikes really beat up on any of our bikes. As you know we do have some serious machines. Richards busa is good for well over 220 we are not going to show you our complete hand we always have an ace under our sleve. As you also know do you think that I would offer to race your bike if I did not think I had a chance more than speed is about ET you could run 205 and I can run 193 but if I pull 20 bike lenghts on the roll at 30mph 9 tenths of a mile will not be enough for you to make up the difference. Just checking... Do you have any idea how many times we have brought our bikes out there then no one shows up with their race bikes then let all the excuses begin. You know what I am not going to sit here and waste my time typing let's just see each other this Sunday coming up I will bring the video camera and let's show the rest of the other members see for themselves and I will make sure that I upload it in slow motion so that they can see what we are talking about. GP's bikes are the FASTESTS here in South Florida and you know it.

GP, RPM, Sal - hell all of them are better than what we have in North Florida so i am sure i will be happy with Sal. I am a drag racer that will do some 9/10th purely for fun and to beat Phantom (of course
biggrin.gif
) - i just need a good tune and i am sure Sal can do a good job for me.

GP's bikes are the FASTESTS here in South Florida and you know it.

Incorrect... I have yet to see or hear of a GP bike going faster than the Velocity Bikes. Last time I checked the 9/10th record was 232mph on Jeff's Turbo Busa... with Barry riding.

As for Sal's bikes not beating Richard's bikes... that's because Richard always runs more mods than Sal's bikes. I'm not saying GP don't have some fast fuggin bikes... they do. Top Notch machines... but to say they are the fastest is incorrect and to say that Sal's got nothing for the GP bikes is a joke since the only way Richard seems to be able to beat Sal's bikes is when Richard is running more mods.

YOu may not have been there during the ZX10R wars.... but once Sal got the orange 10R running right... Sal would beat Richard on his 10R with equal mods... everytime.

Richard's 10R came back with motorwork...and then he beat Sal's stock motor 10R. End of story.

BTW... I know all about the 9/10th's being about ET and not MPH....but MPH says a lot between similar bikes like the Busa and 12r.

Just know that when my bike is done... I guarantee you I will run 200mph in the 9/10th's. Be ready.

Phantom, I have yet seen one of sal's bikes really beat up on any of our bikes. As you know we do have some serious machines. Richards busa is good for well over 220 we are not going to show you our complete hand we always have an ace under our sleve. As you also know do you think that I would offer to race your bike if I did not think I had a chance more than speed is about ET you could run 205 and I can run 193 but if I pull 20 bike lenghts on the roll at 30mph  9 tenths of a mile will not be enough for you to make up the difference. Just checking... Do you have any idea how many times we have brought our bikes out there then no one shows up with their race bikes then let all the excuses begin. You know what I am not going to sit here and waste my time typing let's just see each other this Sunday coming up  I will bring the video camera and let's show the rest of the other members see for themselves and  I will make sure that I upload it in slow motion so that they can see what we are talking about. GP's bikes are the FASTESTS here in South Florida and you know it.
Well I am not going to knock anyone, because there is no knocking to do.
Richard is my friend and has been since the end of 1999 and Rick has my respect for the fast bikes he build's.
I respect their shop and they are good people and we have fun amongst friend's.
Big Al I dont know who you are ??
Yes richard has the fastest bike at 212+ mph 3 mill over with a 5 mill stroker N.A.
I have not built a bike like richard's to even compare apples to apples.
No one is my worst nighmare.
I have alot of fun building and tunning the bike's and when they are pound for pound mod for mod I would choose to be on the bike done by myself.
I have a N.A.(stock piston & stock stroke busa) that I built 203+MPH and a 1363 N.A.Busa that runs 206.8 MPH with a
210 # guy on it, I will be doing a zx10 soon,
pound for pound I feel very confident in these bike's.
Since you are a racer and go 193.8 MPH I would like to run (YOU) riding your own bike, and myself on my stock Busa with stock exhaust, and we can get that on video, If you yourself are running 193.8 you should not have any problem beating me, on my stock ace performance pc tuned bike.

Back