200mph?

:beerchug:

Kevin Maxton 202mph.jpg

Thats great! :thumbsup:

Nobody, that I was aware of, was able to do it with stock gearing at Texas last month. I saw several all lowered, aftermarket exhaust, tuned, race or no air filter, even a few with 55 series tires.

I'll be the first to admit...the weather and conditions have to be perfect~!~ No doubt about that~!!~

My personal bike Org/blk is stuck at 199.2 at Maxton and doesn't matter if I use stock gear, one down, or 55 series tire...that's just where I currently am on ol orange and black (I'm about 25 lbs heavier than Kevin) If I only had another 50 feet~!~ LoL

My guess is, after a couple events at Loring, you'll hear of a few able to hit 200 running stock gear on stock motor...but why try it, you have an extra 1/2 mile...go down a gear or two then play~!~

EDIT:::one more thing to add...
will it do it~?~ yes it will
is it easy to do it~?~ absolutely not

Last edited:
As mark said (outlawbusa) I did it on the stock gearing for an 08, 18-43 tooth. Now they were vortex sprockets sense they are lighter. I did have a taller 55 tire on there too. I made 2 passes at the rev limiter at 201. So yes the bike can do it stock engine with stock gearing. At loring i would say the bike is capable of 205. with on tooth down (42) with taller tire or stock tire and a (41). Good luck and be safe.
KEVIN The pic that outlaw put up was of me.

Holy Sh*t! That's just with full exhaust, fuel map, and of course, unrestricted!? Don't doubt it, but I wasn't sure if a near stocker could break through. I'm sure some won't belive it, but with good temp/humidity, elevation, I belive it is. I'm nextdoor in VA, so as my pockets recover this winter, I hope to have one of those slips next summer. Thanks

Sorry, I'm going to be the bad guy in this thread BUT IN MY EXPERIENCE NO, the bike won't got 200mph with stock gearing AND stock tire size.

195ish is all it will pull stock geared and stock tire based on my testing. :beerchug:

Gearing commander Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator

shows 201.4 MPH at 11,000 RPM in 6th gear with stock gearing.

That gearing chart is ALL wrong based on my results... :whistle:

With 18/41 205-206ish is possible and 18/42 between 200-203ish if you factor in wind, tire slip, etc...etc...

As mark said (outlawbusa) I did it on the stock gearing for an 08, 18-43 tooth. Now they were vortex sprockets sense they are lighter. I did have a taller 55 tire on there too. I made 2 passes at the rev limiter at 201. So yes the bike can do it stock engine with stock gearing. At loring i would say the bike is capable of 205. with on tooth down (42) with taller tire or stock tire and a (41). Good luck and be safe.
KEVIN The pic that outlaw put up was of me.

Just want to confirm you did this with stock gearing BUT 55-series tire....?

Close enough, I'll find out in the spring. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'll have fun tryin. If I can get my helmet cam to focus on the gps screen at night, I'll find out sooner. I know of a few good 2 mile or better straightaways that are dead at night around here(so before the hating starts, I'm the only one at risk)Waitin on a little more cash for sum parts to make it possible. cf wheels and ceramic bearings! and HIDs:laugh:

If you've got a private 2-mile+ stretch of road, you don't need to wait for parts. With your size, it might pull to redline in 6th as it sits. Only one way to find out.... ;)

Just want to confirm you did this with stock gearing BUT 55-series tire....?

I used the stock size tire on mine with stock size (aluminum)
gear and ran 199.2~!~

All I need is a few more feet on mine but I weigh 25 lbs more than Kevin and can not cut through the wind as well...

Kevin did it on stock gearing, and like he stated, he ran a 201 with the 55 size tire

No reason to tell an un truth here, we just started out having fun with it~!~

Last edited:
I used the stock size tire on mine with stock size (aluminum)
gear and ran 199.2~!~

All I need is a few more feet on mine but I weigh 25 lbs more than Kevin and can not cut through the wind as well...

Kevin did it on stock gearing, and like he stated, he ran a 201 with the 55 size tire

I have to say I'm shocked you went even 199 with a stock 50 tire and stock gearing. Congrats.... :thumbsup:

Sorry, I'm going to be the bad guy in this thread BUT IN MY EXPERIENCE NO, the bike won't got 200mph with stock gearing AND stock tire size.

195ish is all it will pull stock geared and stock tire based on my testing. :beerchug:

How much do you weigh? It's not about the power and gearing when talking about top speed with a stock setup. If he's a few lb lighter it's quite possible. Just sayin.

When you are talking about changing tire sizes that is equal to dropping a tooth on the rear sprocket. I'm not implying that anyone is BS'n here but I just don't see 200mph with stock gearing, tire, and rev limiter.

Just sharing my experience... :beerchug:

How much do you weigh? It's not about the power and gearing when talking about top speed with a stock setup. If he's a few lb lighter it's quite possible. Just sayin.

For me it didn't have anything to do with power or weight. Weight has little affect on top speed only rate of acceleration in 1-mile. I've had my bike pegged with stock gearing and stock tire and it wouldn't go faster than 195mph GPS verified. I'm not talking 1-mile or wind limited or anything but bouncing off the limiter in 6th in both directions on a private strip. My personal bike with stock gearing WILL NOT go 200mph or even close. Bone stock unrestricted I could only pull 190mph GPS, it didn't have the power to pull any faster but again wind, drag, tire slip, etc..etc..all play a role.

Those are my results others may differ, test at your own risk... :beerchug:

I have to say I'm shocked you went even 199 with a stock 50 tire and stock gearing. Congrats.... :thumbsup:

Thank you, I beat my personal goal of 196 mph so I was happy even though I didn't get the big two that time~!~

I'm 6'1 at 205 lbs
Kevin is about 5'10 - 5'11 at 180 lbs

Kevin uses a couple things that I don't have yet such as ceramic bearings...

Like I was saying before, it's not an easy task and if you go out the first time expecting to hit it...you are not going to, hate to say it

I took the orange and black out in Oct a year ago in pretty much stock trim, stock height etc...with the PC, pipe and a couple bolt ons and only ran 189 mph

The next trip down in April I lowered it and ran 199.2

My last trip down this past Oct I ran 198.3 my very first run, but then due to weather and other circumstances we didn't get to run until Sunday and I was struggling to get back into the 90's

The bike has to be running perfectly, the weather has to be perfect, you have to practive you're tuck...my tuck is far from perfect, but I have learned quite a bit about it lately~!~

Either way about it...is it possible, yes it is...is it probable, it'll be a hard task to do~!~

Last edited:
Outlaw,

Are you running the OEM original rear tire...?

I really really hate OEM tires...ditched them at 400 miles~!~

I did coincidentally end up running OEM Battleaxes though on most of the Maxton weekends...(reason is I purchased a brand new set of wheels with a brand new set of tires on them straight off a new Busa that purchased himself some chromed wheels) and run them on Maxton weekends. These are the standard 50 series tires I ran the 199.2 on~!~

They say the harder compound tires actually work better...you also have to worry a little bit about tire growth, and depending on where your bike it sitting (lowered) it may catch the fender a bit and cause drag...

If memory serves me correctly, I have run these OEM tires on each event except for the last event a week ago...I ran Avon race 55 series tires on this past event and ran the 198.3

Last edited:
Back