200mph?

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
Is 200mph possible on a gen2 with stock gearing? Read that again, I didn't say stock motor, I said stock gearing. Assuming you have the extra hp obviously needed, is stock gearing capable. I have heard yes and no before. I'de like to hear from one of the few who have actually done 200...or faster. I'm still trying to get my pocket right before my non turbo no nitros 2008 will even think about that speed. At 5' 10 170lbs, K&N air filter, R-77 full system, boost by smith(turn off top end limiter, soft limiter, and fuel remapped) and workin on cf wheels and ceramic bearings, and ideal conditions, I'de like ta see 195mph on my gps. I'm then wondering how far away 200mph will be.

Thanks, now I'de like some guesstamits on what my setup should do. I'de probably get more answers if I claimed I could go 250mph like this.

Is 200mph possible on a gen2 with stock gearing? Read that again, I didn't say stock motor, I said stock gearing. Assuming you have the extra hp obviously needed, is stock gearing capable. I have heard yes and no before. I'de like to hear from one of the few who have actually done 200...or faster. I'm still trying to get my pocket right before my non turbo no nitros 2008 will even think about that speed. At 5' 10 170lbs, K&N air filter, R-77 full system, boost by smith(turn off top end limiter, soft limiter, and fuel remapped) and workin on cf wheels and ceramic bearings, and ideal conditions, I'de like ta see 195mph on my gps. I'm then wondering how far away 200mph will be.

Yes the hayabusa 08 and 09 will do over 200 with the ceramic bearings and it makes the bike think its in 5th gear cant think of the name of the part off the top of my head it unrestricts it so it will do it. THANKS JIM

Tre is what your thinking of but is not ideal as it uses the 5th gear fuel map better of to have the ecu flashed.

Last edited:
Yes the hayabusa 08 and 09 will do over 200 with the ceramic bearings and it makes the bike think its in 5th gear cant think of the name of the part off the top of my head it unrestricts it so it will do it. THANKS JIM

Boost by smith software will let u turn off top speed limiter, as well as up the rpm slightly by turning off the soft limiter

Gearing commander Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Gearing Ratio Sprocket RPM Speed Chain Calculator

shows 201.4 MPH at 11,000 RPM in 6th gear with stock gearing.

Here's the thing about gearing commander. I calculated +200 on a Gen I an dropped the rear sprocket two teeth. The bike was sluggish and it did not improve the top end, because you need RWHP and torque to push the bike beyond the 180's. According to Wiki the Gen II does a little better job at that top end speed.

read this thread
Got-Busa? 2008 Project bike....

Everything I've read, from people that HAVE done it, says it's not possible with the stock gearing. 195-196 is the best you will ever do stock with the speed restriction removed.

If you have the horsepower you can get there on stock gearing. However if you have the horsepower to push gearing like 18/40 or 19/40 you will make it easier. You would need at least 280rwhp to use those gears with light winds and about a 3mile stretch. If you push your hp to 320hp you can do it in a mile. Using high octane race gas 7&a great tune.

Last edited:
Yes...with stock gearing (and stock motor for that matter) the GEN II will do 200+.

We took two Busa down before playing with too many settings...Kevin ran stock gearing on his and got his class A license on stock gearing before playing with it.

Hit rev limiter 100 feet before the mile finish line and crossed at 200 mph and some change.

We then put a 1 down on it and he ran 202 mph on stock motor

Yes...with stock gearing (and stock motor for that matter) the GEN II will do 200+.

We took two Busa down before playing with too many settings...Kevin ran stock gearing on his and got his class A license on stock gearing before playing with it.

Hit rev limiter 100 feet before the mile finish line and crossed at 200 mph and some change.

We then put a 1 down on it and he ran 202 mph on stock motor

Was this done at one of the Mile events?

Back