200 mph top on non-turbo, no nitrous, not charged Busa, real?

Energizer

Registered
Hello people, currently discussing with my friend the opportunity to beat 200 mph on a stock bike.
Saying "stock", i mean that exhaust, air filter, power commanders, tires, sprockets and else, can be aftermarket.
Turbocharger, Nitro, other badass mods are forbidden.
Is this real?

All about this vid:

I'm curious why new ninja is faster, if 1000 cc bike, 100% has less torque. Is this all about sprocket gearing installed on the bike from vid? Or?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about that old kawi, don't really care...but :laugh:

Easy, absolutely not

Possible, absolutely (on a Gen II Busa anyway)

Doesn't take much to be able to do 200mph on a stocker with basic bolt on mods. Drop a tooth on the rear or add a 55 series tire.

At those speeds on a Gen II you have to worry more about your tuck and the size of your sparklers than the capability of the Gen II. I believe they had to work a little harder to top the 200 number on the Gen 1.

Go to your nearest LSR track and the second time down you might do it. It really helps to talk to people around those events, you'll learn quite a lot.

The thing is, that i'm not from USA, and we have only landing airstips here and public roads, so it's kinda hard to test the bikes on such speeds :D

If some1 has experience with doing 200 mph only on a bolt-on mods, this would be just great.

200 with bolt on mods like your describing is possible. not easy but doable. doable on a gen 2 busa anyhow. 200 mph with no restrictions on distance should be very doable. 200 mph within a standing mile is a whole different animal. in a standing mile you'll need all the help you can get, a nice track and good conditions, good air and little to no wind... or a tail wind is always nice.

with 17-36 gear no way in a mile!! maybe 4 miles. super street bike did the mile on one in april it had the same mods it did high 180's

You can do it on all motor. Since they are running race fuel in the video, I doubt that motor is stock.

17/36 @ 11K RPMs 204.6. Your friend must not weigh much and he might rethink the blue jeans and tennis shoes :laugh:

I tell you the garmin is not correct, I had one on my hayabusa for the april Mojave meet so i wouldn't break out of the 155 speed on my first run to up grade my lisense it read 155 and i was clocked at 142 the garmin was way off.......

Yep, it's possible... :laugh:

You have to remember that 1-Mile accel is a lot tougher than flat out for 2 - 3+ miles.....

Make sure you are comparing the right scenarios when talking top speed. Most bikes are still accelerating in 1-mile so that's not TRUE top speed...

To give you an example, Bob Sellers went 206.9 when I ran 204 on a 1-mile course. At Loring with 1.5-miles he ran 214mph.....there is a point drag will overcome HP but 200mph isn't it on a BUSA...

I appreciate all the records being set by the Busa, but the guy was on a liter bike.

i know this hayabusa.org but you guys need realize that 08 technology on performance motorcycles is outdated and these new Kaws are pretty bad _ss Ricky and Richard Gadson have already been over 200mph on a stock motor 2011 zx10, and 206mph on one with headwork. the new 14 is a busa killer stock for stock and its suppose to be with a 1440cc displacement. Suzuki needs to step it up soon....

i know this hayabusa.org but you guys need realize that 08 technology on performance motorcycles is outdated and these new Kaws are pretty bad _ss Ricky and Richard Gadson have already been over 200mph on a stock motor 2011 zx10,

where is this ? I can't find it . Don't get me wrong I like the kawi's , but I don't believe you can get any stock bike over 200. Diffinetly with out changing sprokets and then you need more power to push the bike . Then you got aerodynamics to deal with , weight to hold the bike down from wheelspin, ect...

Back